• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young Doc Disrespect Unconscious Patient Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Mind the patient when addressing him
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY FAMILY and I were visiting a relative who was warded in Singapore General Hospital recently when he lapsed into unconsciousness. This happened while a doctor and nurses were attending to him.
Standing outside the curtained bed, we heard the young doctor, while attempting to revive the patient, call out "Ah Pek! Ah Pek!" (old uncle in dialect) many times.
When my daughter told them our relative's name and that his mother tongue was English, she was told to stay outside the curtains, which was understandable. The "Ah Pek!" exhortations continued.
I felt it was inappropriate and disrespectful.
He had stayed at the ward for a week, and above his bed was his name and below his name was the word "English", indicating his medium of communication.
Those in public service should be mindful that not everyone who looks Chinese is of the race. And even among Chinese Singaporeans, not everyone is comfortable with dialect.
If the idea is to spark that connection with a patient, there should be an appropriate address that the patient can identify with. Why not use his name?
Nancy Loh (Madam)

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB,,,,, this nancy eat angmo kang tang one,,,,,,,,,,

does she address her father in his 1st name? or her children calling her Nancy?

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
english speaking is high class while dialects are shit? 'ah pek' is an insult? lucky he not shouted "lao tou" (lao tou - old head)

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Mind the patient when addressing him
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY FAMILY and I were visiting a relative who was warded in Singapore General Hospital recently when he lapsed into unconsciousness. This happened while a doctor and nurses were attending to him.
Standing outside the curtained bed, we heard the young doctor, while attempting to revive the patient, call out "Ah Pek! Ah Pek!" (old uncle in dialect) many times.
When my daughter told them our relative's name and that his mother tongue was English, she was told to stay outside the curtains, which was understandable. The "Ah Pek!" exhortations continued.
I felt it was inappropriate and disrespectful.
He had stayed at the ward for a week, and above his bed was his name and below his name was the word "English", indicating his medium of communication.
Those in public service should be mindful that not everyone who looks Chinese is of the race. And even among Chinese Singaporeans, not everyone is comfortable with dialect.
If the idea is to spark that connection with a patient, there should be an appropriate address that the patient can identify with. Why not use his name?
Nancy Loh (Madam)

Mdm Nancy Loh:

are u siow?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese man = "ah pek"
Indian man = "thamby"
Malay man = "abang"

Should have look at the case sheet...which means the doctors do not care who they are looking after...only know to call the man as "ah pek"..impersonal, callous service..:rolleyes:

No you know, what world class service we are getting... I bet, if this man is in the A class room...doctor, will call his name, together with a SIR!.

If the man is a MEMBER...he won't dare call him, "ah pek"..and if he did that out of a mistake...doctor will pee in his pants!!

ARE YOU A member? ( member have their privilge), if not, then you lesser mortal..."ah pek":biggrin:

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, another SPG Angmophile trying to act high class.

Here she got a relative in the hospital ward fighting for his life, and all she can think about is her ego being bruised because doctor didn't address him in Eng. Tells you a lot about the kind of CRAZY, IDIOTIC, RETARDED people they're. :confused:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here she got a relative in the hospital ward fighting for his life, and all she can think about is her ego being bruised because doctor didn't address him in Eng. Tells you a lot about the kind of CRAZY, IDIOTIC, RETARDED people they're. :confused:
so what ???? Next time doctor must go for different dialect and language courses before he passed out as doctor !

WTF is happening to this Madam Nancy loh ???????

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
the young doctor call out "Ah Pek! Ah Pek!" _The "Ah Pek!" exhortations continued.
Nancy Loh (Madam)

Ai ya, what Nancy meant was if doctor started to call him by the name _ " hello sir, mister Duran Duran sir, " then the ah pek will realize that someone is calling him then he will come to quickly la

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah pek okay lah...i tot this is very close and personal...

like i call lky...ah pek!

why "western" educated singapoleans think hokkien beri low crass one?

and yet we dun believed in western democracy? LOL...

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah pek okay lah...i tot this is very close and personal...

like i call lky...ah pek!

why "western" educated singapoleans think hokkien beri low crass one?

and yet we dun believed in western democracy? LOL...

As for you, it does not not matter high class or no class. The tithes you stole from your followers are still $$$$$.

You Servant of Satan hiding behind "god's" cloak !!! Repent Now !!:oIo:

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what ???? Next time doctor must go for different dialect and language courses before he passed out as doctor !

WTF is happening to this Madam Nancy loh ???????

What this crazy lady is suggesting is that if the doctor were to called out the old man in a certain magical language in some special melodic tone, the comatose old man might some how response, but if he address him as ah pek the dying old man might not hue him. If the comatose old man was conscious enough to distinguish between that, then would have been the least of their worries. Some people are just so loony out of their minds.:o