• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You know you outdated about Singapore when... (with answers)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not NEA stupid in this case lah. No more live slaughtering pig how to make yong tau hu pig blood?

why no more slaughtering of pigs in singapore ? whats the excuse NEA gave ? by the way , pig's blood must be fresh ? cannot be frozen and imported from thai or malaysia ? sorry , i dont know anything about pig's blood .

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Windsor, oh is it? Sorry. Anyway no pig blood for makan in Singapore already. I cheong Hatyai sure eat pig blood. :wink:

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just 2 or 3 pieces ? like that where got shiok ?

Nowadays hawkers very kiam. Price increase, some give cheap quality rice, and the ingredients less than before. One day may have to buy 2 bowls to satisfy ourselves.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nowadays hawkers very kiam. Price increase, some give cheap quality rice, and the ingredients less than before. One day may have to buy 2 bowls to satisfy ourselves.

bro..cannot blame those hawkers too ..their overhead have increase ...rent , electric , water bills , ingredients price ...all also increase ...but if those hawkers want to increase their food price , they should not cut back on the ingredients or quality ...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro..cannot blame those hawkers too ..their overhead have increase ...rent , electric , water bills , ingredients price ...all also increase ...but if those hawkers want to increase their food price , they should not cut back on the ingredients or quality ...

I do agree, we are willing to pay if they increase price for the same amount. Not for them to increase and give less ingredients. Ingredients should remain same, or else it is not enough for a good meal.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do agree, we are willing to pay if they increase price for the same amount. Not for them to increase and give less ingredients. Ingredients should remain same, or else it is not enough for a good meal.

this is what we call fair trade ....but alot of evil businessman out there are making use of the " you know everything also increase " theory to justify their dishonesty ...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is what we call fair trade ....but alot of evil businessman out there are making use of the " you know everything also increase " theory to justify their dishonesty ...

True, Singaporeans have to fight to get FTs out as sooner or later the Ah Tiongs will take over and they are more dishonest than Singaporeans. The local coffeeshop near my place run entirely by Ah Tiongs and the owner drives a Porche Cayenne. Prices there is not as cheap as other coffeeshops run by local people.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
But not so easy to find liao.:( Same goes for the pink and sweet mee siam sold by ah neh.

Yeah man, old ah neh mee siam with mee hoon fried pinkish-orangish first was very good. The mee siam curry also special different one. Now can't find already. :(

Maybe Jah Rastafar and KNNBCC shot them all. (Just kidding! :biggrin:)

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But not so easy to find liao.:( Same goes for the pink and sweet mee siam sold by ah neh.

Ah Neh mostly sell prata or briyani. Mee Siam mostly now only Malays and some Chinese sell. I don't favour the Indian ones so it is fine.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know you are outdated when.....

You expect your orders to be delivered to your table with knives and forks when you visit KFC.

You took the lift to the 5th floor and walked 2 level down to your 3rd floor pigeon hole only to realise that the lifts can actually stop on your level when you see your neighbours walking out of it .

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just 2 or 3 pieces ? like that where got shiok ?

==

the famous pig organ soup at Tiong Bahru still give pig intestine leh...better eat while they still have intestine.

gosh, i really miss pig blood. Singapore no have liao...go JB and eat bah...

Not only pig's blood...chicken blood + chicken intestine also boh liao...those were the days where you can order chicken rice + blood + intestine...good hearty meal.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
.... You know you are outdated when tell your friend that you meet her at Westin Hotel and go for a nice diiner Compass Rose!!.... (Fairmont Hotel, Equinox restuarant)