• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You have to pay CPF if you earn only S$50 per month!!!

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt is always drumming up new ways to replace the middleman, or create one where ther is none before, in anything that is lucrative. Take for instance taxis, which company is now the largest operator in Singapore? For that matter, which companies are the 2 largest? Any independent ones left? Not a single one. Sure, they 'allow' new ones, but that is only after demolishing the old ones and firmly establishing themselves. Just like what they did to the bus companies.

Another case study would be the recent organ transplant act. After criminalizing middlemen in the sales of organs, citing morals, protection of donors and receipients, they set themselves comfortably as middlemen. Charge the patient a world-class fee, 'compensate' the donor a miserable percentage of that 'to discourage the donation of organs for monetary gains', and what do they do to the difference after deducting the medical fees?

The government should be in the business of governing, not governing to be in business. Leave business to the businessmen. If the govt take care of their own end competently, the rest will sort themselves out, like water finding its level.

Great Post! I'll up your points tomorrow!

Cheers!
DOM

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great Post! I'll up your points tomorrow!

Cheers!
DOM

Normally I don't post on anything political but sometimes just can't hold myself back on all the patronizing bull from them. It's as though they have the monopoly on intelligence and anyone not for them is against Singapore. Take the whole lot of them, grind them all up, dry them in a giant kiln and you won't find a single gram of grace as demonstrated in the US Presidential race.

If George W had uttered the 'fixed the oppo' statement in the previous election, he would have been out the door faster than shit from a cholera-infected arsehole.

It's really sad I have this opinion of our politicians, but it's true.