• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yong Vui Kong’s family pleads at Istana

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the very least, the parents should express remorse before they even plead for mercy.

The media is playing up the whole thing as if Singapore is merciless if the President of Singapore fails to pardon Yong. Before any moral judgment can be passed on Singapore and her Cabinet of Ministers, the parents of Yong must first own up to their moral responsibility for the way Yong was brought up. The freaking media is silent on this.

From the point of view of the defence lawyer, getting the client off the hook is all that matters. He doesn't have to concern himself with the 'macro' perspective. It's a tough act to balance compassion with justice; likewise, love with righteousness. So Jesus offers Himself as sacrifice for the sins of many; who is going to offer himself to be on the crucifix for the sins of Yong so that compassion is not achieved at the expense of righteousness? Shamugam or Nathan ?

You argue that justice and righteousness have already been damaged with the elites getting off the hook not once but many times. Does that mean we should allow the whole situation to degenerate into a free for all ?

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marcus Chong does not seems to sympathize with the family.

He raised his hands as if to say "you fellows are wasting my time" :(

guard.jpg

Security Officer, Corporal Marcus Chong [picture, right]. He took the files of signatures and told the family, “You may leave now.”

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yong is no General 岳飛。He is not even a hero to begin with. I can understand if the population gathers to petition to the Song Emperor not to execute 岳飛 because he has done no wrong, and in fact a valuable asset to the Dynasty. But a convicted drug mule ?

Is Yong being used as a pawn ? And with Singapore having executed so many Malaysian drug mules before, now then the Malaysians and their MPs and Senators decide to join in the fray.

Who is the ultimate winner if Yong is let off for a crime that he clearly committed?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yong is no General 岳飛。He is not even a hero to begin with. I can understand if the population gathers to petition to the Song Emperor not to execute 岳飛 because he has done no wrong, and in fact a valuable asset to the Dynasty. But a convicted drug mule ?

Is Yong being used as a pawn ? And with Singapore having executed so many Malaysian drug mules before, now then the Malaysians and their MPs and Senators decide to join in the fray.

Who is the ultimate winner if Yong is let off for a crime that he clearly committed?

Total agreement. Thanks for posting that. If I posted that, I'd be accused ex-police or spy again. :biggrin:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Total agreement. Thanks for posting that. If I posted that, I'd be accused ex-police or spy again. :biggrin:

You wished you were a spy, but you're not. You're just a double-headed snake, where you set the rudder according to the direction of the wind 看風使舵. You want to be accepted by both PAP and Oppositions, as you've been consistent when impressing on others that you're 黑白兩道都吃得開。

You're busy carrying the balls of GMS sensing that he might become the "next big thing' in Opposition politics, at the same time you're not prepared to denounce your PAP masters. This is typical of a low-ranking NCO in the poodle force or army, and one does not need to be a rocket scientist to understand the 'slave complex' of an ex poodle.

A servant cannot serve two masters. And remember, before the Cock crows, you will deny GMS three times.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wished you were a spy, but you're not. You're just a double-headed snake, where you set the rudder according to the direction of the wind 看風使舵. You want to be accepted by both PAP and Oppositions, as you've been consistent when impressing on others that you're 黑白兩道都吃得開。

You're busy carrying the balls of GMS sensing that he might become the "next big thing' in Opposition politics, at the same time you're not prepared to denounce your PAP masters. This is typical of a low-ranking NCO in the poodle force or army, and one does not need to be a rocket scientist to understand the 'slave complex' of an ex poodle.

that ex-poodle??

黑白兩道都吃得開:confused:

吃大便 then got his share :biggrin:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
that ex-poodle??

黑白兩道都吃得開:confused:

吃大便 then got his share :biggrin:

Not that he 黑白兩道吃得開,he is just trying to give that impression. So on the one hand, he seems to support Opposition cause, carries the flagpole of GMS wherever he goes. On the other hand, he boasts about his 'good connections' to elevate status. That Anwar Ibrahim sat next to him was one of those.

A parasite cannot survive on its own. A parasite must live off someone else's identity. For Ramseth, GMS is the chosen one.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A servant cannot serve two masters. And remember, before the Cock crows, you will deny GMS three times.

I've known GMS since he was a madcow nobody.

We all have to serve SAF or Police. CSJ knows that damn well, he was ASP.

GMS, LTK etc. know that damn well too, I have nothing to carry and nothing to hide.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that he 黑白兩道吃得開,he is just trying to give that impression. So on the one hand, he seems to support Opposition cause, carries the flagpole of GMS wherever he goes. On the other hand, he boasts about his 'good connections' to elevate status. That Anwar Ibrahim sat next to him was one of those.

A parasite cannot survive on its own. A parasite must live off someone else's identity. For Ramseth, GMS is the chosen one.

Didn't know Queen is so fierce :biggrin::biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every other cop you see is a sergeant and they sent out a corporal to meet this group. And this guy isn't even a cop - he's CERTIS-TIKO.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know Queen is so fierce :biggrin::biggrin:

He's not fierce. He just got no stomach for truth out of my mouth.

It's a reverse case of it's the singer, not the song.

He's got nothing against the song.

He just can't the singer singing better than him.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
He deserves no mercy. Just because he was young when he was caught and have many supporters, does not mean he can get away with such a hideous crime. What if he had not been caught? More families would be broken up because of his actions.

An 18 y.o shd be given a chance. Young people do make silly mistakes and regreted after doing it. A young virgin often lose it at early age and regreted it and spent rest of her life regreting about it.

This young chap shd be given a chance to be re-train as a drug smuggler to catch the big fish or ring leader, or do social work to discourage young people like himself for making the wrong move and regreting it.

There shd be some trading schemes for young offenders than to kill an 18 y.o is a waste of human life. LKY have 2 sons and shd know how hard to raise kids to 18 y.o.

In the Bible, Moses killed a solider and run road and become famous in the Bible. David also commit adultery and also become famous in the Bible. If God can forgive Moses and David, says who can do better than God?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
any1 see america idol.
:confused:

lots of contestant during the prelim stages think they can sing bloody well.:biggrin:

same same huh.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the Bible, Moses killed a solider and run road and become famous in the Bible. David also commit adultery and also become famous in the Bible. If God can forgive Moses and David, says who can do better than God?

You actually juxtapose Moses and David with a drug mule ?:confused:

I rest my case.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
drugs only worsen medical conditions, in this case temporary only. Moses killed a solider, in this case a murder. which crime is worse than the other?

In the first place, God said nothing about the murder, let alone forgive.

And why did Moses kill that Egyptian soldier ?

Why did Yong carry the drugs ?

You actually compared Yong, the Drug Mule, with Moses ? You're lucky that Moses is revered more by the Jews and Christians. If it was another religion, you would have received a death warrant yourself.

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder.. if he were an American bringing in 47g of the stuff in would he be given the death penalty or would the prosecution be "proactive" and reduce the charge with one of consumption thereby avoiding the capital punishment.

Theres lots of ways that the offence can be compounded and there have been some precedence on a number of occasion when the amount of drug was reduced to allow for a lesser punishment.His lawyer M Ravi is imo not the best choice given his political leanings that would put him at complete odds with the garment to start off with. Why wanna lose half the battle before its even fought?

Having said all that i hope his will be commuted to life sentence.Lets all say a little prayer for Yong

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the first place, God said nothing about the murder, let alone forgive.

And why did Moses kill that Egyptian soldier ?

Why did Yong carry the drugs ?

You actually compared Yong, the Drug Mule, with Moses ? You're lucky that Moses is revered more by the Jews and Christians. If it was another religion, you would have received a death warrant yourself.

Exactly. (Let's put personal differences aside address the issue.)

Moses killed the Egyptian soldier for torturing Hebrew slaves that he came to realise were of his own race.

Yong trafficked drugs for remuneration, lucratively.