• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yong Tow Foo price list

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
A stall in Macperson display this:

5 items $2.00
6 items $2.40
7 items $2.80
8 items $3.20
9 items $3.60
10 items $4.00
11 items $4.40
12 items $4.80
13 items $5.20
14 items $5.60
15 items $6.00

Boy I was going down the list and find it amusing.

But then I realise, it must be for the stall owner herself, she doesn't looks that bright. :eek:

Next section there is another stall ( Ang Pang ), on it's price list

$1.50 mince meat noodle ( Biggest font )
$0.50 cents .... ( small print )
$0.70 cents .... ( small print )
$1.00 .... ( small print )

Of course I was first attracted by the $1.50 mince meat noodle. On closer examination, I knew it's just the noodle, however there is no distinct indication as to what items are selling for 0.50 and what for $1.

Since I have a craving for Yong Tow Foo, decided I order noodle and cautiously order 3 other items, comes up to nearly 4 bucks.

Well, I must say nowadays eating out on a budget is not so simple, there are bobby traps all around us, unless you are thick skin to ask every time. :o

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I like Kway Chap, eat once a week. And if I come across in new places, will test it. Here's my interesting encounter.

All of them listed $3.

Some of them, price includes Kway. Others is either $3.50 or $3.30 with a bowl of Kway.

One of them sneak in a plate of chay boey and try to charge me $4.00?

As you know the $3 is owner decides what to give, you can only excludes. Once I told the owner I only want big intestine and egg, I got a very angry response. I was furiously being told off intestine is expensive and I can't have that selection, I did not confront but was thinking, what the fuck, why couldn't you just give me less. :eek: