• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP calls for by-election, stakes claim on Punggol-East

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every year one by election from now till 2016. That will be a nice count down

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yaw Shin Leong need not go into hiding any more. He can come back to Singapore with his head held high. The PAP is no more moral than WP is.

Given their 'problems' with women, they both may decide to become sex partners. Sure a 'top secret' man-to-man relationship.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is good,,,in a BE,,good oppos will have a higher chance of winning,,,more seats to WP,,but WP will have to contest this election even if its a multi party fight,,as they contest there the last time,,,if they dont contest due to participation by 3rd rate oppos,,than it will seem WP abandon that constituency,,,

and if WP contest but get the better results in a multi party fight, but PAP win,than WP will have its head held high and all other oppos contesting can loose their deposit,,than its another death nail for these 3rd rate oppos,,as it shows 3rd rate oppos have no electoral appeal,,

WP has to contest,,but it will be highly unlikely it will lose deposit,,3rd rate oppos will,,,

oh please contribute,,who amongst the other oppos u will vote for i.e non Workers party.

for me its

a) Nicole Seah
b) ben Phwee
c) Tan Jee Say.
d) Vincent???

KNS! Every year an election year since 2011. Will we have by-elections all the way til 2016? :confused:

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have never been so FAST and QUICK in issuing Press Statement in response to anything! LOLx!

Goh Meng Seng

Maybe Mr Goh M S will quickly grow some balls FAST and QUICK and declare himself an Independent candidate so that he can proof for once that he can really win an election. In an SMC where every candidate speaks for himself. No blaming of others being the weak link in a GRC contest.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will like to see and read WP's actual press statement on this before jumpiong the gun.

Celebrating too early aint a good thing.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is good,,,in a BE,,good oppos will have a higher chance of winning,,,more seats to WP,,but WP will have to contest this election even if its a multi party fight,,as they contest there the last time,,,if they dont contest due to participation by 3rd rate oppos,,than it will seem WP abandon that constituency,,,

and if WP contest but get the better results in a multi party fight, but PAP win,than WP will have its head held high and all other oppos contesting can loose their deposit,,than its another death nail for these 3rd rate oppos,,as it shows 3rd rate oppos have no electoral appeal,,

WP has to contest,,but it will be highly unlikely it will lose deposit,,3rd rate oppos will,,,

oh please contribute,,who amongst the other oppos u will vote for i.e non Workers party.

for me its

a) Nicole Seah
b) ben Phwee
c) Tan Jee Say.
d) Vincent???

My hope is that there will be a multi-corner fight. The BE should not be seen as just a mid-term report card on PAP but also on the performance of WP as elected opposition. Having contested in Ponggol East during GE2011 doesn't mean WP will automatically be given the exclusive slot to participate in the coming BE.

Hence I fully support GMS to step forward and offer himself as an independent candidate. Other than GMS, I hope SDP, SDA, RP, NSP will seriously consider contesting in Ponggol East.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only chee bye SG dont have SOP for by election.
Normally all by election must be held when position vacant. Most country is 60 day from the date vacant.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why people here are so afraid I go in to contest? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

You have lost your credibility.
Please dont waste your time. Or have 3 corner fight.
Other candidate have better chance. Just ask any one on street.
Dont try to lie and hope u will win.