• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would u want this ROC AhLian to join SG?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Would u want this ROC AhLian to join SG?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">4:28 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>11845.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Wu's made a good move, say ex-teammates
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By May Chen
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
B9-4.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Taiwan's Yang Ching-shun (above), along with Cherrie Chang thrilled over 4,000 people with their exhibition matches yesterday and even shared playing tips. -- ST PHOTO: LIM SIN THAI
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->
POOL double world champion Wu Chia-ching may have sparked a public outcry back home when he decided to swop his Taiwanese passport for a Singapore one, but at least two of his former teammates approve of his move.

Speaking at the World Games 2009 Kaohsiung press conference at Raffles City Shopping Centre yesterday, Taiwanese pool player Yang Ching-shun said that the move suited the 20-year-old Wu well.
'He's very young and has a good, long career ahead of him, so I think he made a wise decision,' said Yang, the world No.41.
'It probably wouldn't be as good for a 'half-retired' player like myself,' the 31-year-old joked.
Lauding Singapore for placing emphasis on athlete development, he added: 'I think most athletes would support his decision.
'Professional Taiwanese pool players are able to get by, but sometimes, you don't feel very assured if you play long term.'
Wu first made headlines when he won the prestigious World 9-Ball Championship and the World 8-Ball Championship in 2005 at the age of 15.
Arriving first as a sparring partner for the Singapore national team, the 'Little Genius' has since become a permanent resident, with citizenship likely to be just a matter of time.
Yang said that he remains good friends with Wu, and they even met up for a meal during Yang's visit here.
Women's world No. 9 Cherrie Chang also gave Wu's decision the thumbs-up.
'I wish him all the best and hope that he can get good results playing for Singapore,' said the Taiwanese No. 1.
'I don't think things will be awkward even if we meet in future competitions.'
Yang and Chang were in town to play exhibition matches against local pool champions Bernard Tey and Charlene Chai, as part of a promotional campaign for the World Games, which will be held from July 16-26 in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
According to organisers, over 4,000 people were present at the day-long event yesterday. Some even picked up pointers from the Taiwanese experts.
The quadrennial Games - now in its eighth edition - will see more than 4,500 athletes from almost 100 countries competing in 31 sports which include billiards, bodybuilding, softball and squash.
Singapore will be competing in bowling, tchoukball, water-skiing and wushu.
Water-skiing representative Sasha Christian, 16, said: 'I feel honoured to be selected, but there's also bound to be some pressure because it is the World Games, after all. 'I've always hoped that water-skiing can be a regular part of the South-east Asia Games or Asian Games - this is a good place to start.'
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>