• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World most expensive Leader has no solution.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but here are their lips services to Singaporean:-

"what to do, it has happened"

"We have no other options, our country is small, no choice, no solution blame everything on global but me"

"If I still don't get my million dollars paycheck and paid the highest dollars in this universe, I will be corrupted because my father think I will"

"If you don't vote for me, you will become maids of another country and Singapore becomes slumpdog"

"You must trust me, not the process but trust even though I allow Mas Selmat to escape but you still must trust that I am capabable"

"I don't bow to Singaporean, but I must still fix the opposition and BUY Singaporean votes"

"you not happy? IMH is waiting for you and I decide your fate fromt there"

"are you scare yet? the above is an honest mistake, lets' move on. Time for my sushi meal"

Singaporean you die your business?

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are all pretty good solutions for retaining power.

If you think about it, the LEEs are actually very good leaders when compared to their fellow dictators (Nazis, Fascists, Idi Amin, Apartheid Rulers, Soviet CCP, Suharto, Romania's Ceaucescu, Burmese Junta, Mugabe, Kim Family).

We are the most successful dictatorship in the history of mankind. I think the LEEs desserve their pay.

Of course, if you judge by First World Democratic standards... wait a moment, 66.6% voted for World-Class (i.e. World Class Dictator), not for Democracy.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
World most expensive Leader has no solution.
but here are their lips services to Singaporean:-

"what to do, it has happened"

"We have no other options, our country is small, no choice, no solution blame everything on global but me"

"If I still don't get my million dollars paycheck and paid the highest dollars in this universe, I will be corrupted because my father think I will"

"If you don't vote for me, you will become maids of another country and Singapore becomes slumpdog"

"You must trust me, not the process but trust even though I allow Mas Selmat to escape but you still must trust that I am capabable"

"I don't bow to Singaporean, but I must still fix the opposition and BUY Singaporean votes"

"you not happy? IMH is waiting for you and I decide your fate fromt there"

"are you scare yet? the above is an honest mistake, lets' move on. Time for my sushi meal"

Singaporean you die your business?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
php8CE9ht.jpg

U talk cock! I still have onions and chillies under my sleeves, OK? *chey*

jw5

Loyal
We can't really blame them for the severe economic downturn, since the whole world is facing the same situation, but we can certainly blame them for taking huge salaries which are much higher than other government leaders.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can't really blame them for the severe economic downturn, since the whole world is facing the same situation, but we can certainly blame them for taking huge salaries which are much higher than other government leaders.

But LKY had boasted that the government has in place, a think tank that looks into the future 10 years, 20 years from any given time. That it is what made Singapore such a success. Where is the think tank now? Holding water to flush his Istana toilets?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Almost every country is facing a recession, or in one. But there's a difference in the way how each country differs in being how deep or how shallow one is in a recession.

The PAP did three things that made us very prone to a recession.

1. Export-driven growth via exports to the US.

2. Liberalising the banking and construction industry to allow speculation in both for both foreigners and locals. HDB demand exploded because previously financially ineligible couples for CPF and bank loans were able to get new (unaffordable) credit to buy overpriced flats.

Banks were allowed to speculate, and be more open, just like London and New York. Private banking, Swiss style, demand was high because of shifting capital by companies wanting to avoid taxes.

3. Low wages, high local unemployment, even during good times. I mean, this government touts the availability of menial, low wage jobs as worthy jobs, and allow foreign and local companies to continuously suppress wages for local citizens. Then they allow in massive numbers of immigrants, even more than America and Australia(in terms of percentage in scale in comparison with local population), and these new fellas not only drive down wages, they also fill in jobs that locals can do. They also raise the cost of living because of increase in demand for daily items, such as food, gas and clothes. Hence inflation.

In fact all three has contributed to the spiraling cost of inflation. Most of our "explosive growth" during the "boom years" came out of inflation spiraling out of control due to an unhealthy increase in demand for goods and services due to speculation in banking and construction by more foreigners and well-linked rich locals. It was all paper wealth for those who are rich, and virtually nothing for those who are working for peanuts.

And when all these came crashing down due to excessive greed in the US and the UK, the greed culture encouraged by the government also cost us a lot, socially and financially.

And then of course, they decided to do nothing from Sept 2008 to Jan 2009; instead they called everyone else to take pay cuts, to be retrenched, and to take part-time work that paid only $800- $1200, not knowing that it makes a recession even worse.

In a way, they are being paid millions to create an ad-hoc economical policy that is based on greed. In fact you don't even need to pay them millions to do that. You can just pay a bunch of monkeys much less to do such similar "work".

Sure the PAP shouldn't be blame for causing the recession. But they should be blamed for making us so exposed in the first place, and for doing absolutely more, worse from Sept 2008 to Jan 2009, by encouraging people to take pay cuts, be retrenched, and by increasing business costs for small businesses(encouraging even the smaller ones to close and retrench even more people). The only thing is that they have done all these; yet they would love to sweep under the carpet and pretend there's nothing wrong.

But these folks are just lying to themselves, the people, and their own maker. I have nothing but shame for them. I feel ashamed that they are millionaires and yet totally inept as politicians.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
php8CE9ht.jpg

How many times must I tell you people "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!" The best solution is to just collect my pay and wait for the storm to go and claim credit after that, this is a proven method that never fail me in the past.

Heheheheheheh

jw5

Loyal
But LKY had boasted that the government has in place, a think tank that looks into the future 10 years, 20 years from any given time. That it is what made Singapore such a success. Where is the think tank now? Holding water to flush his Istana toilets?
They are just trying to justify their huge salaries. I think they really believe they deserve it.
We have to show them that we don't think they deserve it, at the polls.

jw5

Loyal
Bro Latest H
The answer is to simply vote some of them out and explain why after the elections.
I believe that they honestly believe that they are worth their huge pay. But recent events have shown that perhaps they are wrong.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
We paid a bunch of high salaries PAPpies dogs that who cant solved any problems but only knows how to do hip hop and guessing games.

What is goin on in the brains of the think tank of Singapore?

I think the PAPpies dogs brains are fried just like LKY. Who cannot come out with concrete solutions or plans to help Singaporeans, but kept on doing guessing games of how long the recession will last in Singapore from 2 to 3 years and 5 to 6 years.

Bloody waste of time and taxpayers money!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unfortunately 66% feel the same way you do :rolleyes:

Now that the damage is done, are they taking responsibility for their mistakes & stepping down :confused: Of course not lah, they got the power so they can ignore lesser mortals

Singaporeans were/are very dumb. If you look at the current democracies they have term limits, separation of power, etc to prevent people like LKY from taking advantage. Instead they chose to turn a blind eye for the short term successes that LKY brought. Now they can sit back & watch Spore fall apart :rolleyes:

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever there is recession, they will urge us to go for re-training, upgrade and take up new skill. Like that everyone can also be minister.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever there is recession, they will urge us to go for re-training, upgrade and take up new skill. Like that everyone can also be minister.

Its as if they think all three "solutions" they can come out with- for the past decade or so(or even longer than that)- will solve our problems. The recessions we all have faced and now facing simply comes down to one thing: export- driven growth, because of excessive consumption by Americans.

And if Americans consume less, we are in deep m&d, no matter what. And when more locals are retrenched, and more local SMEs are shut down, it makes an already serious recession worse.

Job training, upgrading and new skills are only gonna be useful if the job skills one acquire are in demand when the job market recovers. Often than not, their assumptions don't usually come true. And then, don't forget people have to spend their own money in these courses. This also affects individual spending as people will have less money to spend on daily items.

This also affects the economy in the long run. That's why a lot more countries have programs supported and at least partially funded by the federal and state governments. And people have the right to negotiate with their employers in which program to choose.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Latest H
The answer is to simply vote some of them out and explain why after the elections.
I believe that they honestly believe that they are worth their huge pay. But recent events have shown that perhaps they are wrong.

They have been happily using recent elections in recent times to focus on innocuous issues like upgrading, MRT, and of course, Tang Liang Hong & James Gomez, using this issues as an excuse for distracting people from the main issues and to put the fear of God into people, so that people will be resigned in voting for the PAP.

Its up to us to ensure our message gets out, let it be this year, or 2 years after this, to answer back any smear campaigns. After all, how long can this old man maintain such tactics? Its increasingly clear the next two elections will be about our future and not about his. His future is by single digits now; the focus should be the future of this country.

Whether or not he likes it, that's the way it's gonna be. He's in the past; he's yesterday's news. We are tired of him repeating yesterday's wars, that happened 40-50 years ago anyway. Let us not fight his old battles again.

jw5

Loyal
Unfortunately 66% feel the same way you do :rolleyes:

Now that the damage is done, are they taking responsibility for their mistakes & stepping down :confused: Of course not lah, they got the power so they can ignore lesser mortals

Singaporeans were/are very dumb. If you look at the current democracies they have term limits, separation of power, etc to prevent people like LKY from taking advantage. Instead they chose to turn a blind eye for the short term successes that LKY brought. Now they can sit back & watch Spore fall apart :rolleyes:
If the 66% feel that they should not be taking such hige salaries, would they have voted for them?
You would not vote for them if you thought they were taking more than what they were worth, would you?

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

During good time, the government makes surpluses. During bad times, the government uses these surpluses to employ retrenched workers. What is so difficult about this to understand and implement?

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the 66% feel that they should not be taking such hige salaries, would they have voted for them?
You would not vote for them if you thought they were taking more than what they were worth, would you?

There, there, u think the election is conducted in a fair way and truely reflects wat the people think and want???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The fact that the PAP is still in power does not mean the 66% supported the PAP salaries.

The 66% got other reasons for voting PAP didn't want to form their own political party, didn't get a chance to vote, were frightened for their jobs, wanted that upgrade, playing it safe, ...