• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers Party. The only opposition in the world helping the ruling Party

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thank you. let's see if he listens.

At the moment, the number of opposition seats is so miserable. I think it will be his top priority to gain seats. So he will follow the wishes of the people more rather than what his political opponents are doing. The difference between cyberspace warriors and the WP is that we take our reading from cyberspace. LTK takes his reading from the ground.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think singapore need a second opposition party in parliament. If not there will be one day when WP has enough seats , they will from a coalition with PAP. This will be back to square one again

good grief!

we still have folks cannot discern between a government and a political party? for goodness sake! any political party or groups of political parties can form the government at the GE as long as they hold majority vote! every political party should be working towards the interests of the citizens!

little wonder Singapore is still firmly in the hands of MIWs! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think singapore need a second opposition party in parliament. If not there will be one day when WP has enough seats , they will from a coalition with PAP. This will be back to square one again

We all know you are stupid already, and ignorant comments like this just makes it more obvious.

The leading party in a two-party system will ALWAYS have a majority, and will NEVER need to form a coalition government. It's only when a third party comes in to take enough seats such the leading party does not have a majority when you need to form a coalition government.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote Originally Posted by alantan27 View Post

We all know you are stupid already, and ignorant comments like this just makes it more obvious.

The leading party in a two-party system will ALWAYS have a majority, and will NEVER need to form a coalition government. It's only when a third party comes in to take enough seats such the leading party does not have a majority when you need to form a coalition government.

This is a forum that is free for all. There is no need to call another person stupid just because that person thinks differently from you. Please do not be too arrogant to judge alantan27's comments as ignorant. The WP is not the only opposition party in Singapore. There is a silent group of opposition supporters here in this forum who are not WP's worshippers. The WP supporters here are judging and "bullying" other opposition supporters so much so that many of us do not feel like talking here anymore. I won't be surprised that someday soon Sam's forum would become "WP forum". Please do not forget the phrase of "dissent in democracy". It is dissent that gives strength to democracy :-)

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a forum that is free for all. There is no need to call another person stupid just because that person thinks differently from you. Please do not be too arrogant to judge alantan27's comments as ignorant. The WP is not the only opposition party in Singapore. There is a silent group of opposition supporters here in this forum who are not WP's worshippers. The WP supporters here are judging and "bullying" other opposition supporters so much so that many of us do not feel like talking here anymore. I won't be surprised that someday soon Sam's forum would become "WP forum". Please do not forget the phrase of "dissent in democracy". It is dissent that gives strength to democracy :-)

With just 2 from the "silent" (?) group of the opposition supporters Skpunggol and Ptader taking up one third of the politics folder, I am surprised you are even saying what you are saying.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Obviously you didn't bother to read the arguments to find out how stupid his argument and logic is. Instead you just defend someone just because he is an anti-WP troll.

It's not my fault if anti-WP trolls put up stupid arguments all the time and get attacked. I attack them for their stupid arguments, not for being anti-WP.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The WP is not the only opposition party in Singapore.

From the recent BE it seems that the vast majority do think it is the only opposition party in Singapore. Attempts by some hard left elements to try to get voters to divert votes to RP failed miserably. Those who have no seats in Parliament are now probably spending their time thinking up new schemes to generate publicity for themselves, They are reduced to that. :biggrin:

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the recent BE it seems that the vast majority do think it is the only opposition party in Singapore. Attempts by some hard left elements to try to get voters to divert votes to RP failed miserably. Those who have no seats in Parliament are now probably spending their time thinking up new schemes to generate publicity for themselves, They are reduced to that. :biggrin:

How big is Punggol East? How many persons voted in PE BE, as a percentage of the total number of voters in Singapore? And you say that "vast majority" think that WP is the only opposition party in Singapore? Try putting Ah Lian and Ah Huat in Holland / Bukit Timah and lets see whether they would be elected as MPs there? Those who are between 18 and 21 years old now (they will be eligible to vote in 2016) will vote for the SDP as much if not more than WP. The group of voters between 20 to 30 years old now will also vote for the SDP as much as WP. Mark my words here, the SDP will be a significant part of opposition politics in the future of Singapore because it has the YOUNG votes. Thanks.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
How big is Punggol East? How many persons voted in PE BE, as a percentage of the total number of voters in Singapore? And you say that "vast majority" think that WP is the only opposition party in Singapore? Try putting Ah Lian and Ah Huat in Holland / Bukit Timah and lets see whether they would be elected as MPs there? Those who are between 18 and 21 years old now (they will be eligible to vote in 2016) will vote for the SDP as much if not more than WP. The group of voters between 20 to 30 years old now will also vote for the SDP as much as WP. Mark my words here, the SDP will be a significant part of opposition politics in the future of Singapore because it has the YOUNG votes. Thanks.

Don't worry, SDP will face multi-cornered fights wherever it goes (even in Holland-Bukit Timah) at the next GE. In any case even young people do not like SDP. Read:
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-122-support-WP-6-support-SDP&highlight=NUSPA

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, the number of opposition seats is so miserable. I think it will be his top priority to gain seats. So he will follow the wishes of the people more rather than what his political opponents are doing. The difference between cyberspace warriors and the WP is that we take our reading from cyberspace. LTK takes his reading from the ground.

Seats are one thing. Policy is another. You dont just look at seats

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seats are one thing. Policy is another. You dont just look at seats

Policy means absolutely zero if you don't have a majority vote. A one-third representation of seats means you can block some bad policies. With a simple majority, you can do even more. So if you don't have a simple majority, all you can do is to poke holes in bad policies to win over votes in the next election. Seats is everything. All these gerrymandering, GRC scheme, denial of upgrading threats are for one thing - seats.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Policy means absolutely zero if you don't have a majority vote. A one-third representation of seats means you can block some bad policies. With a simple majority, you can do even more. So if you don't have a simple majority, all you can do is to poke holes in bad policies to win over votes in the next election. Seats is everything. All these gerrymandering, GRC scheme, denial of upgrading threats are for one thing - seats.

So let's see the opposition picture. SDP trying to promote policy and "unity candidate" WP only seats?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So let's see the opposition picture. SDP trying to promote policy and "unity candidate" WP only seats?

You can promote policy for all you want but without seats you can change anything. The PAP will not take any action for anything the Opposition brings up in Parliament without a majority support from the house. Don't expect them to take action on alternative policy from outside the house.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can promote policy for all you want but without seats you can change anything. The PAP will not take any action for anything the Opposition brings up in Parliament without a majority support from the house. Don't expect them to take action on alternative policy from outside the house.

The WP had policy, 2011 Manifesto. It has more seats now. Work on both not just one

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP knows S'poreans will never vote for a radical party................so they try to be the ''voice'' of the people to get votes...............it's working..........

they know people that hate PAP will vote for them.......................they're trying to win over those PAP voters.................only way to do that is not to be too radical.................

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote Originally Posted by alantan27 View Post

I agree with wwabbit even though stupid is bit too harsh a term to use. When the mathematics itself is pointing to a fact, there is no room for an opinion that argues something else. It is pure logic.