• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worker's Party proposal will hurt Singaporeans....

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You ask the companies that hire them lo. Why would they want to spend more money to hire expats to add to business cost?

You are interested to know. I am not interested. But they have ways to bring down their business cost. Pay lower local salaries.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not just "I heard that". I actually know. They are sufficient such workers that can fill many of high end properties in Singapore. How many local elites share the same level if salaries?

I dont know. Thats why i was asking for some statistics. I thought you had those numbers.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No two ways about it. The locals can definitely fill those jobs. As to why they pay such good salaries to foreigners for such jobs, you have to ask the government why they bring in such employers.

Good observation FS. I asked a friend this question: He told me " For political and security reason." Foreigners would not urge with you.They worked here, they got their pay, they enjoyed their stay here ...and they kwai kwai leave. Singaporeans can be a potential threat to the company and also " know too much" .....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are interested to know. I am not interested. But they have ways to bring down their business cost. Pay lower local salaries.

spot on! many singaporean workers left because their salaries are not attractive enough, or they are by-passed,or they are side-lined and marginalised ...or they are simply retrenched...

many employers find the singaporean workers threatening and too inquisitive.....expats kwai kwai to their jobs and they have no ict reservist liabilities and no disruptions....some of the reasons.

many singaporeans are very toolan...i know of one middle aged architect who has been jobless for the past 2 years!!!..you see many "architects" from other countries working here...many .....one diploma holder is working at a hotel valet service because he simply could not get a job for the past 6 months....how many singaporeans are being displaced or jobless because of the massive influx of immigrants and foreign workers....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
spot on! many singaporean workers left because their salaries are not attractive enough, or they are by-passed,or they are side-lined and marginalised ...or they are simply retrenched...

many employers find the singaporean workers threatening and too inquisitive.....expats kwai kwai to their jobs and they have no ict reservist liabilities and no disruptions....some of the reasons.

many singaporeans are very toolan...i know of one middle aged architect who has been jobless for the past 2 years!!!..you see many "architects" from other countries working here...many .....one diploma holder is working at a hotel valet service because he simply could not get a job for the past 6 months....how many singaporeans are being displaced or jobless because of the massive influx of immigrants and foreign workers....

Er.. bro, you didn't follow the thread. Go back n read what fook seng wrote before you quote him.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats right, they can, but why don't they?

I think you didn't read me too clearly as well. Who said they don't pay locals lower salaries to bring down business cost? Of course they do.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Immigration the main problem - LTK

BUT...PAP MPs are whacking him for sabotaging the Singapore's economy by STOPPING the foreign workers!!!!

200,000 families will blame WP for stopping foreign workers
businessess will slow down and even collapse if there is no foreign workers

oh dear...parliamentary debate on The White Paper is getting a new twist.....out of focus.

Don't u think the current influx of Foreign trash who holds PR and Citizenship aren't they producting
like rabbits!! Ah Tiong allready exit 1million, ah neh and Pinoy not enough meh??

Aren't these trash will reproduce and replacing the old?? Does the this stupid gahmen take all these factors into
consideration?? have they forgotten they open the flood gate for trash to follow in?? don't they have a barometer
to measure???

Ten years down the road they will change policy again for making such stupid mistake that they will never ever admit

that's our papaya style of gahmen!!

Last edited:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal

The truth is, the low paid jobs are done by foreigners. they do a lot of jobs locals won't want to do and without them, we will face low investments and inflation.

Another truth is real income rose for all, including the lower incomes.

Where have you been my fren? Living overseas?

yeah thats only half the fucking truth you lying bitch!

What about all the fucking FTs who after being hired , then starts to hire their whole fucking village? We have seen clearcut evidence in REAL LIFE! Sp how do you account for the resentment there...

obviously this typical PAP tactic of obsfucating and recreating the argument to suit your own fucking lines is nothing but snaketalk, you should know the points and the arguments.

The argument is WDF DO WE NEED SO MANY FTS???? TO SNATCH MIDDLE LEVEL TO HIGH LEVEL - PMET JOBS FROM SINGAPOREANS!!!!

NOT saying that we dont need FTs who help our country as construction workers, maids, cleaners, sweepers, service level people CCB!!! We can have as many of those as needed!

Stay with the programme and dont argue out of your own convenience...

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Worker's Party's proposal very risky!!!

OMG! The debate is getting more and more twisted...69 upset down liao..

Now hit the WP's proposal as much as possible and blame the WP !!!

The WHITE PAPER will be passed....

WHITE PAPER will be passed with or without objections from the WP and NCMP.

This is what you get when the parliment is seated with 80 of these 超级白.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal

the debate is a farce; it is a numbers game 7 vs them

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Er.. bro, you didn't follow the thread. Go back n read what fook seng wrote before you quote him.

Interesting, IB doing a Pinky and Bayi. Clap Clap.. :cool:

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal

The truth is, the low paid jobs are done by foreigners. they do a lot of jobs locals won't want to do and without them, we will face low investments and inflation.

the truth is jobs foreigners do is not confined to low paying ones only .... the large numbers of Singaporean PMETs who lost their jobs have risen

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

The general DO NOT understand what is happening on the ground.We recommend that he become a taxi-driver for six months in order to have an insight of the job market in singapore.