• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woodland Residents Raged Against MP

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
This story was narrated in YPAP forum, and posted in a blog. The story is like this - newbie grassroots leaders screw-up on block painting that led to Woodlands' residents raging against MP Khaw. Old bird grassroot leaders came to the rescue and manage to defuse the whole situation. I don't know how true is this story. Maybe TOC or Wayangparty can visit Woodland to interview and verify with the residents there on this incident.

http://amortal.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/woodlands-residents-protested/

Ok, basically, anyway, today he tells me one big mistake his grass-root youngsters made and sabotaged Khaw Boon Wan. Luckily, my friend because he is very experienced (learn from me last time) and can settle all the problems.

Last month, Sembawang GRC got some HDB flats that need new painting and repairing works. PAP GRC what you expect? Always on the ball and make sure all your flats upgrade and repair and paint nice nice mah!

Ok, this is what happened: Sembawang GRC, there are some HDB flats which are very nice and their design has won special awards before. You know lah, flat design nice, so paint colors must also be nice. Actually they are HDB flats but they look like private condos.

Unluckily, the grass-root youngsters there, inexperienced and blur cock, they don’t know what is estate management and planing. So they went ahead to get the contractors to paint the flats with new paint of blue and white colors. Some more, don’t know this grass-root youngsters are lazy or what, they asked the contractors to paint every HDB flat the same blue and white colors. Then lagi terrok mistake is they never ask all the residents to vote for the colors to use for their flats. They thought that the same colors for all the flats can save a lot money and also easy for the contractors to paint mah!

Wa lau! I tell you all lah, you never hear what my friend tells me today. After that nice design HDB precinct’s residents found out the colors of the paint for their flats, all the aunties, uncles, their sons, their daughters, managers, workers, professionals, housewives, all protest and nearly raid! Scolding, shouting, showing anger, accusing so loudly that all can hear!

My friend says, “If you were there your legs also can shake, boy!” Never see them so fierce like gangsters like that! Some more, many of the residents wrote to complain to Khaw Boon Wan, who is their MP.

If that time is election time, my friend and his MPs all sure die!

All the residents there are also the “how lian” (boastful) type. Never respect their MP who is also the Health Minister. All the letters they sent were very rude, f*^k here f*^k there type.

The grass-root youngsters all blur blur, don’t know what do. Luckily, my friend because of his experience (because he learn a lot from me mah), he told Khaw Boon Wan what to do. “If we don’t cool down the residents quickly, they will become more angry. And now is recession time, a lot of people have lost their jobs. The residents can find more excuses for getting angry with their MP.” My friend, he is smart. He knows when the fire is small you must put it out first. If not, later the fire will become big. Then it will be too late already.

He told Khaw Boon Wan to write letters to tell all the residents not to panic and assure them that they will be given a chance to vote for the colors they want for their flats. And to tell the residents that their flats are important to us also because if the colors are not nice, then the value of the flats will drop mah! The MP also knows that it is not enough for the design to be nice. The colors of the paint-work must also be nice. So the MP understand lah!

Another thing, my smart friend, he told the MP to get all the RC people to send the letters personally by hand to every household. Speedy reply is very important. If the reply is too slow, there is a danger that too many people would get angry and anything can happen.

So, you all know what happen? After that, the RC people found out that many of the residents were secretly circulating letters to protest to the MP, they reported the matter to the MP. So Khaw Boon Wan’s letters of reply were sent to them within 48 hours! See, how fast! Old-guard means old-guard lah! Learn from me some more! Now the matter is settled and all the residents are happy because Khaw Boon Wan allow them to choose the colors they like for their flats.