• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WOMAN WANTED TO BUY NTUC RICE THAT’S 50% OFF BUT KOPITIAM STALL BOUGHT EVERYTHING

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

WOMAN WANTED TO BUY NTUC RICE THAT’S 50% OFF BUT KOPITIAM STALL BOUGHT EVERYTHING​

ByKanyeNorth
May 6, 2023
singaporeuncensored.com

Screenshot_20230509_174456_Samsung Internet.jpg

Facebook user Airconic shared how she had wanted to buy the Thai Fragrant Rice from the NTUC Fairprice outlet at Tampines Block 107 that’s being priced at 50% off.
However, it was fully sold out. She then went back the next morning at 7am to try her luck again but it was sold out again as well.

Disappointed, she went to the coffeeshop beside the supermarket to have her breakfast and saw stacks of the rice that she wanted to buy at the Zi Char stall.

I went to NTUC Fairprice at Tampines Blk 107 and wanted to buy the 50% OFF Thai Fragrant Rice on 28/4, but it was fully sold out. Then I went again the next morning about 7am, it was fully sold also.

So, I went to the coffee shop next to the NTUC supermarket to have my breakfast. After finishing my breakfast, as I was about to go home, to my surprise, I saw the front corner Zi Char stall has stacks of the same Thai fragrant rice that I wanted to buy (see photos).

I know stall owners usually buy in big sack of say 50kg and not buy in small bag. I thought the stall could have bought in bulk and hoarded all the rice at the next door NTUC.

If this was the case, they are taking advantage of the offer for commercial purposes, then it defeats the purpose of having this promotion for the public consumer.

And they could possibly grab all the other promotion items at their convenience every time when there are special offers by the supermarket.

Then I went back to the same NTUC again around 9am, and just in time a pellet of rice arrived (see photo). I asked the uncle to unpack the rice from the pellet and I finally managed to buy it.

I suppose within an hour the stock would be depleted as this is a special offer.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone knows that NTUC is not looking out for poor Sinkies. Priorities are foreigners and rich towkays. Poor Sinkies can go fuck spiders.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal

WOMAN WANTED TO BUY NTUC RICE THAT’S 50% OFF BUT KOPITIAM STALL BOUGHT EVERYTHING​

ByKanyeNorth
May 6, 2023
singaporeuncensored.com

View attachment 183569

Facebook user Airconic shared how she had wanted to buy the Thai Fragrant Rice from the NTUC Fairprice outlet at Tampines Block 107 that’s being priced at 50% off.
However, it was fully sold out. She then went back the next morning at 7am to try her luck again but it was sold out again as well.

Disappointed, she went to the coffeeshop beside the supermarket to have her breakfast and saw stacks of the rice that she wanted to buy at the Zi Char stall.

I went to NTUC Fairprice at Tampines Blk 107 and wanted to buy the 50% OFF Thai Fragrant Rice on 28/4, but it was fully sold out. Then I went again the next morning about 7am, it was fully sold also.

So, I went to the coffee shop next to the NTUC supermarket to have my breakfast. After finishing my breakfast, as I was about to go home, to my surprise, I saw the front corner Zi Char stall has stacks of the same Thai fragrant rice that I wanted to buy (see photos).

I know stall owners usually buy in big sack of say 50kg and not buy in small bag. I thought the stall could have bought in bulk and hoarded all the rice at the next door NTUC.

If this was the case, they are taking advantage of the offer for commercial purposes, then it defeats the purpose of having this promotion for the public consumer.

And they could possibly grab all the other promotion items at their convenience every time when there are special offers by the supermarket.

Then I went back to the same NTUC again around 9am, and just in time a pellet of rice arrived (see photo). I asked the uncle to unpack the rice from the pellet and I finally managed to buy it.

I suppose within an hour the stock would be depleted as this is a special offer.

Thanks for posting. Without such comprehension on realities happening, citizens - whom are already saddled with work & family concerns will never know.

NTUC Fair Price shops was an egalitarian attempt to help citizens & those whom live here & contribute to our society & civilization, for decades, by learning from foreign superstores whom buy in bulk & will get better profits from economy of scale. NTUC learnt, but instead of pocketing profits, it used such strategy & brought prices of items to reasonable levels for EVERY citizen, especially for those whom are not well off, with only costs to maintain the numerous shops & logistics involved, without taking funds from our National Treasury or budget as such are important & used for other necessary social expenditure.

No organization is perfect, even the most egalitarian ones. Market principles must be upheld or the free market will cease to exist. Anyone is free to buy from NTUC Fair Price shops, even biz owners as they too are citizens, seeking to survive in our high inflation World. However, may EACH - citizen or stall owners have a conscience & responsibility to others as such is the cost for Freedom & Free market.

There are many whom exploit largesse for personal profits from egalitarian govt efforts that came from responsible elected legislators whom voiced out electorate concerns to the proven dedicated civil service, & such biz entities should not be supported, but there exists some biz entities whom still sell food at low prices, even $1 meals. Guess how they managed to do it, during even hard times?

As worldwide inflation hits, & recession looms, the free market principles still applies. It just needs leaders to be more innovative with policies, to beat law of supply & demand fundamentals....

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should have limited to 2 bags per customer if there’s a promotion or a major discount. that’s the best practice of all retail supermarkets here. at costco a wholesale supermart it’s limited to 2 bags of lice per purchase even for restaurant owners. they just have to return after paying, showing receipt, and loading up to get 2 more. tiong couples will make at least 6.9 runs to get 24-28 bags with hubby paying for 12-14 with his card and wifu paying for 12-14 more at a different counter with her card. tiongs and chinks will always find a loophole or lobang to overcum restrictions. can cheat don’t waste.

Last edited: