• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman cyclist killed along Lornie Road 28/6/13

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I m her...moi use de pavement...Lornie rd pavement is quite deserted while traffic is super heavy...anyway...RIP...:(

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lornie Road is always a hazard. I'm sure ms wendy must know it well as she used to live around there.

Is it any coincidence that Bt Brown cemetery is alongside?

It's another sad case. Cement Mixer again. Those trucks are nothing but a menace on the roads.

RIP.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most likely it is the cyclists that are a menace to all road users. A cyclist should not expect cars especially trucks to drive around them. A truck has a longer stopping distance, its bigger and harder to maneuver and the roads are congested. How to avoid cyclist? Slow traffic down???

One more point,,most truck drivers etc are foreigners from 3rd world countries. They wont even give 2 hoots about a cyclist as its not in their nature. If the cyclist wants to endanger their own lives..go cycle off a cliff.

Lornie Road is always a hazard. I'm sure ms wendy must know it well as she used to live around there.

Is it any coincidence that Bt Brown cemetery is alongside?

It's another sad case. Cement Mixer again. Those trucks are nothing but a menace on the roads.

RIP.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most likely it is the cyclists that are a menace to all road users. A cyclist should not expect cars especially trucks to drive around them. A truck has a longer stopping distance, its bigger and harder to maneuver and the roads are congested. How to avoid cyclist? Slow traffic down???

One more point,,most truck drivers etc are foreigners from 3rd world countries. They wont even give 2 hoots about a cyclist as its not in their nature. If the cyclist wants to endanger their own lives..go cycle off a cliff.

When I read the news, Lornie road, omg!.These people were riding on a motorized bicycle, the traffic along Lornie Road is very heavy & fast moving & at some parts narrow. The shouldn't be riding on that road. In fact, I rarely see cyclists on that road, in all the years traveling up & down, from the time, it was a narrow road to the time the improved & widen it. There were a lot of deadly accidents along that stretch of road, especially the stretch after Joan Road, before the traffic lights & entrance to MacRitchie Resevoir. The number of fatal & accidents at that stretch was reduced, over the years & after they had built the flyovers.

I am sure the motorized cyclist takes half the blame...speeding trucks etc..is common there too. "guess the race"..

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup...its dangerous right? So why cycle there? The cyclist big fuck and the road belongs to the cyclist is it? No respect for themselves...and no respect for the public.,,

When I read the news, they were riding on a motorised bicycle & Lornie Road traffic there is heavy, the shouldn't be riding on that road. I rarely see cyclists on that road, in all the years traveling up & down, from the time, it was a narrow road to they had widen it. There are a lot of deadly accidents along that stretch of road, especially the stretch before Joan Road & before the traffic lights & entrance to MacRitchie Resevoir. The number of fatal & accidents at that stretch was reduced, after they have improve the road & built the flyovers.

I am sure the motorized cyclist takes half the blame...speeding trucks etc..is common there too.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
passby the accident site ard 5.30pm. vehicles already cleared, only left the TP volvo. the cleaning crew did a half hearted job of clearing the blood as blood and 4D slips strewn on the curb. i believe it a bit harsh to blame the cement truck driver, as that stretch of road is merging lanes right after the traffic lignts after the SICC slip road. the cement trucker will have a had time looking out for motorbikes and cars to notice a cyclist. and why is the cyclist on the road when it a smoother and safer to ride on the pavement as the pavement is in good condition due to it build for the cross country runners. both are at fault but the cyclist pay for her mistake with her life.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
passby the accident site ard 5.30pm. vehicles already cleared, only left the TP volvo. the cleaning crew did a half hearted job of clearing the blood as blood and 4D slips strewn on the curb. i believe it a bit harsh to blame the cement truck driver, as that stretch of road is merging lanes right after the traffic lignts after the SICC slip road. the cement trucker will have a had time looking out for motorbikes and cars to notice a cyclist. and why is the cyclist on the road when it a smoother and safer to ride on the pavement as the pavement is in good condition due to it build for the cross country runners. both are at fault but the cyclist pay for her mistake with her life.

Did you collect the 4D slips or peep at the numbers? you can be sure, by now, POOLS will block any purchases...that stretch after SICC...why do these people, like to place their lives in danger & inconvenient the public??

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cement truck runs over motorised bicycle pillion rider

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...over-motorised-bicycle-pillion-rider-20130628

By Poon Chian Hui
A tragic accident along Lornie Road on Friday afternoon at around 3pm resulting in the death of a 50-year-old woman.

The woman, who was riding pillion on a motorised bicycle with her husband, was run over by a cement-mixer truck. Her body was almost severed in half.

Her husband, who is also in his 50s, did not appear to be injured, but was taken away in an ambulance.

Family members, who arrived on the scene, were inconsolab

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
the driver side of the cement mixer is damaged... wondering what the cyclist was thinking... switching lanes?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problem is that it was a "motorised" cycle, and that's why the rider chose to be on the road and not the pavement. Those motorised cycles should simply be banned. Certain roads, like Lornie and West Coast Highway should also simply ban all cyclists, including motorised cycles.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you collect the 4D slips or peep at the numbers? you can be sure, by now, POOLS will block any purchases...that stretch after SICC...why do these people, like to place their lives in danger & inconvenient the public??

knn lah, i on a van lah. collect blood stained 4D slip for fark. her husband "brain grow grass" to ride on that stretch of road.

traffic jam tail back to farrer park. but the volvo was moving off as i passed the accident site, so at least those leave at 6pm wont be affected.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn lah, i on a van lah. collect blood stained 4D slip for fark. her husband "brain grow grass" to ride on that stretch of road.

traffic jam tail back to farrer park. but the volvo was moving off as i passed the accident site, so at least those leave at 6pm wont be affected.

You can bring out your binoculars & see from long distance mah!...you do not have one in the van??