• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman beats the odds to win $1 million on Wheel of Fortune

Kensuke

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman beats the odds to win $1 million on Wheel of Fortune

A California woman has defied the odds to become only the second person in the history of the game show Wheel of Fortune to take home the $1 million prize.

Autumn-Erhard_2578390b.jpg

Ms Erhard was able to solve the final Bonus Round question in two seconds Photo: abc

By Chris Irvine
5:59PM BST 31 May 2013

Scroll down for the video

Autumn Erhard, was playing during the US show's 30th anniversary week, and qualified because she had just turned 30.

To win the top prize, a number of factors had to go her way during the show. They included landing on the "Wild Card" wedge, solving the puzzle immediately after that and never landing on the "Bankrupt" wedge. Then once you qualify for the bonus round, you need to land on the special "Million Dollar" wedge, before solving the Bonus Round question in less than 10 seconds.

She was able to solve the final Bonus Round question in two seconds. The aim of the game is to solve the missing letters that make up a well-known phrase or word.

Speaking to ABC News, Ms Erhard, an animal pharmaceuticals sales representative from Laguna Niguel, said: "I am in complete and utter shock. I'm shaking. I came here today because I love the game, I wanted to have some fun and solve some puzzles – I feel like I'm in a dream."

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EucLUxbkJ4Y?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Recently engaged, Ms Erhard says she plans to spent some of her money on her wedding.

She was joined at the show by her fiancé Joey and her parents.

"No one could believe it! They were just offstage and couldn't see what my prize was. They were celebrating the fact that I solved the puzzle," she said. "They kept asking me how much I won, and I had to keep repeating it because no one believed me at first.

The first million dollar prize was won in 2008 by Michelle Lowenstein.