• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Without Ah Tiong ,Singapore will be doom

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from China,and I feel that Singapore really will have a hard time if we dont somehow connect to China economically and ethnically.This country is growing so fast and I think it is going to be like Japan very soon.

I can feel the sophistication of the Chinese people and the laid back attitutes of our Singaporean.Though the current 500,000 or more ah tiong in Singapore are a different breed from us,but for long term consideration,we need them here to somehow connect to China so that Singapore will continue to grow!

For those who are not so welcoming the ah tiong,pls travel there and see for yourselves!

jw5

Loyal
I am well aware that there are many top class china professionals, bureaucrats and businessmen there. With a population of 1.3 billion, there had to be a fair number of gems.
The unfortunate thing is that very very few of these top quality people are here. In fact, probably none.
The top people would be running the government or state owned companies in china, working in mncs in europe or usa or running businesses in china, europe or usa. They won't be here.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you call them ah tiong?

Don't you respect them?

If you don't respect them do you think you will be respected to begin with?

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am well aware that there are many top class china professionals, bureaucrats and businessmen there. With a population of 1.3 billion, there had to be a fair number of gems.
The unfortunate thing is that very very few of these top quality people are here. In fact, probably none.
The top people would be running the government or state owned companies in china, working in mncs in europe or usa or running businesses in china, europe or usa. They won't be here.

I am looking at the macro side of the whole picture,and I travel there one to two times a month.Everytime I come back I am thinking more on how we could compete with them in future?

yes,I encountered many ill social espects of life and I complained a lots in the beginning,but this is exactly what our forefather went through!It is just a natural process a country or its people have to go thru in their development.

Just for imagination sake,what will happen to Singapore if Singapore is not 75% Chinese and 25% minority population but the other way round?
It is crystal clear proven by looking at standards in these cities like Jakarta,Mumbai,Calcutta,Islamabad,Shanghai,Hong Kong,Seoul or Tokyo

try to visit these places for holiday or work and you will understand!

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm, don't have any PRC close friends, but from whats posted here, clearly there are 2 types of chinamen -

1) 'sophistication of the chinese ppl' - as described here ...

2) ah tiong the counterpart of ah beng - not given discount for clothes just shove the pile of clothes in salesgirls' face & march out of the shop - like described by another forummer in another thread ...

:rolleyes:

Just came back from China,and I feel that Singapore really will have a hard time if we dont somehow connect to China economically and ethnically.This country is growing so fast and I think it is going to be like Japan very soon.

I can feel the sophistication of the Chinese people and the laid back attitutes of our Singaporean.Though the current 500,000 or more ah tiong in Singapore are a different breed from us,but for long term consideration,we need them here to somehow connect to China so that Singapore will continue to grow!

For those who are not so welcoming the ah tiong,pls travel there and see for yourselves!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a really amusing intra-racial disharmony. English-speaking Singapore Chinese against PRC Chinese. My uncle used to have a room rented to a PRC guy. He referred to him as "tiong kok kia" until one day my auntie chided him, "what does that make you? Sink ka por kia? Your parents and grandparents come from where? You what race?"