• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Windows 7 to debut May 5

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Windows 7 to debut May 5 <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
windows7-microsoft.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The release indicates that little is likely to be changed in the final version of Windows 7 and that companies can begin tailoring software or hardware to the operating system, according to Microsoft. -- PHOTO: MICROSOFT
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->
SAN FRANCISCO - MICROSOFT said on Thursday that a nearly-final version of its next-generation Windows 7 operating system will be publicly released on May 5.
The release will be available at microsoft.com/downloads in a move intended to signal that the software giant is putting finishing touches on an operating system that it hopes will escape criticism heaped on its predecessor Vista.
'Listening to our partners and customers has been fundamental to the development of Windows 7,' said Bill Veghte, senior vice-president for the Windows business at Microsoft.
'We heard them and worked hard to deliver the highest quality release candidate in the history of Windows.' The Windows 7 release candidate (RC) was made available to developers on Thursday.
The release indicates that little is likely to be changed in the final version of Windows 7 and that companies can begin tailoring software or hardware to the operating system, according to Microsoft.
Touted features include compatibility with touch-screen computer controls and with software designed to work with earlier-generation Windows XP operating system.
Critics lambasted Vista for being too complex and not being compatible with older software programs.
Windows XP holdouts are being told they will have to upgrade to Vista to make a transition to Windows 7. 'Windows 7 shows significant promise,' Forrester Research analyst Ben Gray wrote in an independent report on the operating system. 'Start preparing for it now, and the best way to prepare for Windows 7 is by deploying Windows Vista.' -- AFP

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>May 1, 2009
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Budget aid for iPhone owners <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
iphone-ap.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->
SAN FRANCISCO - INTUIT is offering iPhone owners free Quicken software designed to help them live within their means during these tough economic times.
Quicken Online Mobile went live late on Thursday in Apple's online App Store for iPhone and iPod Touch programs.
'We are really targeting paycheck-to-paycheck customers,' Intuit group product manager Jim Del Favero said while giving AFP a preview of the iPhone application.
'It kind of allows soup-to-nuts tracking of your spending on the go. When you fire up this application, you get your what's-left number telling you how much money you have.' The iPhone program uses the Internet to sync with a free Quicken Online service that keeps track of mortgages, credit cards, rent, and other coming expenses along with checking account balances and pay days.
The 'what's-left' number Mr Del Favero referred to factors in upcoming bills to let iPhone users know how much of their cash can be spent without defaulting on other obligations or overdrawing accounts.
'It tells you how much cash you have in hand before running out,' Mr Del Favero said. 'With the economic crisis, cash is king again.' Intuit, which was founded in 1983 in Northern California and specializes in financial and tax preparation software, has seen a surge in interest in budgeting since the economic meltdown began.
Intuit designed its free mobile application for iPhone users because statistics indicate that more than half of them earn less than US$50,000 (S$75,000) annually and they are probably feeling financial stress these days. 'Everyone believes the way people respond to money will be fundamentally different now,' Mr Del Favero said.
Quicken Online Mobile takes advantage of iPhone GPS capabilities to automatically locate nearby teller machines of banks where people have accounts to save them from getting charged usage fees. The iPhone program does not allow financial transactions, so lost or stolen devices won't allow strangers to access accounts, according to Mr Del Favero.
Intuit plans to adapt the free program to other mobile devices if feedback indicates that there is demand. More than a million people have signed up to use Quicken Online since Intuit began late last year offering it as a free service, Mr Del Favero said. Intuit sells Quicken Desktop programs for people interested in closely managing even the minutest aspects of their finances. -- AFP

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing new, me already using windows seven long ago.

You must be using a beta.

With the official release of Win 7 it will be ver 1.0 Its going to be a long, long road for the new OS to gain acceptance. After the painful experience of Vista many are going to take a wait & see attitude. :rolleyes:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vista was a major flop & disappointment, so Windows 7 is suppose to be the 'improved' version of Vista. :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i play around with beta of windows 7
and i ask myself one question

what does 7 has, that i must upgrade from xp??

i cannot find any, and i will probably stick to xp.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do a lot of graphic design and coding for work, and usually have upwards of 20 applications and windows running.

Windows 7 is a leg up over XP for a couple of reasons for me, with the most important being the rather intuitive taskbar-dock implementation, improved notebook battery life, lower memory consumption, and better windows management.

Essentially Windows 7 brings the speed and stability of XP, and the Aero GUI of Vista, plus a little bit of Mac OS X's dock interface, and combine them together.

I still prefer the Mac OS X platform for multi-tasking fast (Expose and Spaces), but the hardware ecology (I love my Sony TX, and have not found any good replacement from the Mac Camp, though I have a MBP for really heavy work), speed of Office (Office 2008 for Mac is still slow, and there's no VBA support), and the wide variety of software for Windows side, makes me look forward to Windows 7.

Don't get me started on Linux - it's only good for server-based stuff, and still far from a desktop replacement.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear slaves of MIWs,

Just a piece of advi
ce for u... please DO NOT download Windoze 7 from torrent sites as it contained fake ISO files & blah blah blah...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/What...nload-Windows-7-Via-Torrent-Sites-77471.shtml

Wait for 5th of May to download it from microshit official website.

This one is safe, verified and checked by myself. However, as Angie II said, I advocate waiting for the May 5th release - though you'll be lucky if you get through the hordes banging on MS's servers that day.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one no BS and come with chinese version too

7106.0.090408-1623_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.ISO

Default Language: English (US)
Default DisplayLanguage: English (US)
Default Keyboard: US Keyboard

"No language patch need."

This NOT, and I repeat NOT a modified image to change from one language to English. This is a 100% english only image. Assembled in Redmond, Washington.

This image is also Ultimate install ONLY!!! There absolutely no other version options within the ISO.

There is also no watermark in the release, and there is also no send feedback links in the windows or shortcuts.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
until i have games and softwares that required 7 to run. i am going to keep my xp, no thanks.

not to save money, i uses intel ssd for fun.

i can easily afford 7. but i do not see any benefit.

zero. nil. zip.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yawn....:rolleyes: Winshit is still winshit no matter how it's repackaged.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yawn....:rolleyes: Winshit is still winshit no matter how it's repackaged.

Yo beng! i liked your new 'packaging' :biggrin:

Dun pray pray with ah sam err.. ah beng.. no sorrie its a honest mistake.. ah sam ah ! Wait he hum tum u.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vista was a major flop & disappointment, so Windows 7 is suppose to be the 'improved' version of Vista. :biggrin:

OSes have a long maturation phase, months to years. Win 7 is sure to have many glitches.

I'm more concerned that my current applications run properly. If there's an app that requires Win 7.0 I'll upgrade. Otherwise XP is good enough.

Yes I paid for a Vista upgrade but didn't install after hearing of all the problems :smile:

Same thing with the Mac OS, I'm still using Panther. I'll upgrade my hardware & OS when snow leopard is released because it will be optimised to support multiple cores :eek:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am olso having Mac osx leopard on my pc. see link below
http://dailyapps.net/2007/12/hack-attack-install-leopard-on-your-pc-in-just-one-step/

And if you want to run mac osx within windows, see link below
http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2005/01/18/PearPC.html

But me prefered the first method, only one step installation with the ISO from mininova and burn to DVD-R but the disadvantages are
Non Core Intel Processors, no PC-EFI for you.
Core Based Processors, for PC-EFI to work.
AMD processors are not supported at this time

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am olso having Mac osx leopard on my pc. see link below
http://dailyapps.net/2007/12/hack-attack-install-leopard-on-your-pc-in-just-one-step/

And if you want to run mac osx within windows, see link below
http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2005/01/18/PearPC.html

But me prefered the first method, only one step installation with the ISO from mininova and burn to DVD-R but the disadvantages are
Non Core Intel Processors, no PC-EFI for you.
Core Based Processors, for PC-EFI to work.
AMD processors are not supported at this time

My Titanium G4 died so I'm now using a G4 iBook. Have a G4 desktop somewhere but haven't used it for long time. Apple hardware is very lasting & it gets the job done. All running panther :smile:

Can probably put together a Mac-PC homebrew but I can do everything I need to do with my older Apple HW.

Heard that Apple is going to be releasing a cheaper line of laptop computers
So maybe I'll get a new Apple netbook :smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OSes have a long maturation phase, months to years. Win 7 is sure to have many glitches.

I'm more concerned that my current applications run properly. If there's an app that requires Win 7.0 I'll upgrade. Otherwise XP is good enough.

actually, new os, or any software versions, r no big deal 2 me ... me oso never bother ...

new versions oways demand mor memory, etc ... it slows down ur pc unless u oso upgrade ur hardware as well ...

if ze current version is running fine, me satisfied wif itz features n me dun nid any extra or new features ... me dun gif a damn abt new versions ...