• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat why tiong invented fireworks but still kena whack by angmohs?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
surprisingly sir johntan has a flair for warfare :biggrin:

I am surprised in that epic keling war scene, the evil keling side can charge on full speed for so long without getting tired. I've seen SAF soldiers get all pooped out doing their 20m shuttle runs in loose PT attire, let alone wearing armour and carrying a gun.

This is the way AMDK romans used to fight. It's from the Rome tv series, a much cheaper production than the keling movie, but still a relatively high budget for tv standards. It's realistic and would kick the chink and keling butts any day in a fight.

[video=youtube;J7MYlRzLqD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7MYlRzLqD0[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
All civilizations rise and fall, Chinese civilzation started to disintegrate with the Qing Dynasty. She reached her peak while the west was coming out of the medieval age. It started with the Reformation where the lower classes led by a few generals and intelligent blokes started questioning their systems and the authorities governing them. Then they came upon the Renaissance where arts, and creativity crept into their minds and that let loose the human brain and science took off like a rocket. That carried on till the Great World Wars where they started to destroy each other with their inventions and technologies. While the west was going through all these developments, China was ethnocentric and viewed the world outside their borders as barbarians, and they locked themselves in, comforted by their advanced social systems, administrations, and so kept themselves isolated from advancements discovered the rest of the world. They paid heavily for this myopic miendset. When the East and West clashed in the Opium Wars, China was humiliated by the British, (and a few other nations, cincluding Japan, who opened up earlier). A couple of unfair treaties were forced upon the Middle Kingdom, of which its sour tasted still lingers on today.

All Chinese students in present day PRC are well taught in this subject. It is good that China has recovered from this experience, and her harsh recent history has taught her not to repeat her mistakes of the past. China will rise from the decayed ashes and assume her place as a mighty nation once again. As a yellow chink myself, I am glad that China is modernising, but still the future cannot be predicted. Hope the ways of the world and humanity will be absorbed by the Middle Kingdom and this time around, the world powers will prevent stupid and wasteful wars.

Cheers!

i read wiki.

it says tiong invented fireworks in "7th century to scare away evil spirits, as a natural extension of the Four Great Inventions of ancient China"...................................................why so kukubird never innovate fireworks into guns, bullets, cannons and other weapons?

tiong really cmi lah .