• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why so few Singh are left in Singapore

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Why so few Singh are left in Singapore</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Cooldipsingh <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jan-19 9:57 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 24) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>27439.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Most of the Singhs have left Singapore for USA, Canada, NZ and Oz.
Only a handful prom PAP Singh are left. Maybe only about 5k are left from about 25 k.
Many others are making arrangements to leave.
I will be moving overseas in a few months.
Sayonara.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry ah no offence ah... Since childhood my friends always joked that bayee Singh has no country...

No racist hor... Chill

<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Why so few Singh are left in Singapore</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Cooldipsingh <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jan-19 9:57 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 24) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>27439.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Most of the Singhs have left Singapore for USA, Canada, NZ and Oz.
Only a handful prom PAP Singh are left. Maybe only about 5k are left from about 25 k.
Sayonara.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drop a bar of Dettol soap in a crowded place and quickly turn around without picking it up.
Those watching you closely are bayis

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
What? You mean they are all MIS-SINGH? :biggrin:

Sorry, my bad, just could not resist. Anyone who feels offended is welcome to make jokes about Chinese names, quite funny too.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just that now they are going without turbans ! Doesn't mean they are not around !

During my school days in late 60s, The one who see a bayi first , will shout baboo singh and had the right to hit his friends on the back of head. I wonder ever some of you play this game. Maybe one of the reason they took off their turban.
Another incident when I was in Primary 6. I had a one on one fight with a singh. He didn't take off his turban. During the fight, I dislodged his turban.
He was so embarrass.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha..and some really have damn funny names like:-

1) Rub-Bell Singh
2) Deep Singh
3) Sooo-Deep Singh
4) Just-Winter Singh
5) Garage Singh
6) Girl-Make Singh
7) Wong-Kan Singh!!!!!!

During my school days in late 60s, The one who see a bayi first , will shout baboo singh and had the right to hit his friends on the back of head. I wonder ever some of you play this game. Maybe one of the reason they took off their turban.
Another incident when I was in Primary 6. I had a one on one fight with a singh. He didn't take off his turban. During the fight, I dislodged his turban.
He was so embarrass.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
They did not leave,they are simply assimilated into the majority Chinese community,like Gurmit's children who are already 3/4 Chinese blood.

the next to go will be the ah neh who are increasingly married into the Chinese community!Like Vivien's Children who are also 3/4 Chinese blood!

Soon,we will have one Singapore race!

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When I was a kid, always lose in "Bayee simi sek" always kenna pinch black and blue...

HARJIT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello There,

The Singhs have left and are leaving Singapore by the numbers. In the past there used to be at least 25K Singhs and now I will say the number is around 10K. I am also one of the Singh who have left. Many Singhs have moved to Canada/US/Australia/UK where the Sikh Culture is especially vibrant in this countries. In Singapore the Sikh Culture is lost among the Chinese and Other Races. By 2020 we will see very few Singhs left in Singapore. If I have a family, I would rather have my kids in this countries than in Singapore. The same is also happening in Malaysia.

I will rather my child grow up and mingle with his community rather than the Chinese. Go to any Sikh Temples and all you see are the elderly folks, where are the youngsters, gone away.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bayee Simi Sek???!????

*pinch*:biggrin:

Hello There,

The Singhs have left and are leaving Singapore by the numbers. In the past there used to be at least 25K Singhs and now I will say the number is around 10K. I am also one of the Singh who have left. Many Singhs have moved to Canada/US/Australia/UK where the Sikh Culture is especially vibrant in this countries. In Singapore the Sikh Culture is lost among the Chinese and Other Races. By 2020 we will see very few Singhs left in Singapore. If I have a family, I would rather have my kids in this countries than in Singapore. The same is also happening in Malaysia.

I will rather my child grow up and mingle with his community rather than the Chinese. Go to any Sikh Temples and all you see are the elderly folks, where are the youngsters, gone away.

tititata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, Cisco or Certis take over the security of Standard Chartered Banks so you will see much less Babu Singhs - those ubiquitous BIG, STRONG and FRIENDLY night shift guards. No wonder S&C Bank adopted this as its tag-line.

icon.aspx
icon.aspx
Sayonara.