• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why samster English is so good ?

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its the english foundation during your school days.
Those days emphasis on Grammar, Dictions, Pronunciation, semantics, etc... were very strict.
Of course the Singlish Exterminator plays an important role in this forum to help maintain a decent standard in the use of the English language.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
No joke,i think i am the only samster here that failed my PSLE.

just look at Leongsam St Stephen's primary school PSLE results..A in all subject...this pimp is damn fucking brilliant!!!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to PAP policy of adopting English as the first language and the official media of communication.

How else do you think so many Samsters can be so good in English and successful in life ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No joke,i think i am the only samster here that failed my PSLE.

just look at Leongsam St Stephen's primary school PSLE results..A in all subject...this pimp is damn fucking brilliant!!!

Sorry here.only parkay o level onwards. Psle not very good measure. Some people Psle very good but o level totally gone case. Also employer won't give a damp to Psle

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal
English became the lingua franca due to British rule of Singapore, and was made the main language upon Singaporean independence.
Alot of samsters here obtained their education back when PAP was still opposition. So the Ang Mo actually had a greater influence over
samsters education and English but not the PAP.

gsfosnis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to PAP policy of adopting English as the first language and the official media of communication.

How else do you think so many Samsters can be so good in English and successful in life ?

English became the lingua franca due to British rule of Singapore, and was made the main language upon Singaporean independence.
Alot of samsters here obtained their education back when PAP was still opposition. So the Ang Mo actually had a greater influence over
samsters education and English but not the PAP.

Frankly, some of the PAP minister's English really CMI.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Believing what LKY had written and you are probably one of those who believe sinkieland is a paradise under the pappies' rule...

I think they read until very tulan but lky English is really good so they learnt from his writing.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bloody hell

There are too many Rafflesians, ACSians and farkers from Christian Brothers schools lurking in this cesspool lah.

I won't be surprised if there are former and current Ministers, MPs , Perm -Secs, etc inside here too

Not forgetting the Superscale spooks from the white building opposite MINDEF........

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow I'm ashamed of myself c6 but can't understand angmo movies dialogue and need subtitle.
I was thinking is it those f9 e8 d7 people read this forum a not lol

eh, I is F9 wan hor. I passed all subjects except engerish.
my classmate failed almost all subjects except engerish
because he listened in engerish song. so I from hokkien platoon.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eh, I is F9 wan hor. I passed all subjects except engerish.
my classmate failed almost all subjects except engerish
because he listened in engerish song. so I from hokkien platoon.

Your blain must be wired wrongly.....
I cannot understand people who fail subjects like English and Chinese.....
I mean these 'subjects' got no formulae no periodic table nothing to memorize.....there's nothing to study or revise so how can you fail? If you say fail literature ok maybe I accept if you did not read the storybook. But failing languages is no excuse unless it's some 3rd foreign langauge which is not spoken here then ok maybe you got to 'study' that

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean these 'subjects' got no formulae no periodic table nothing to memorize.....there's nothing to study or revise so how can you fail? If you say fail literature ok maybe I accept if you did not read the storybook. But failing languages is no excuse unless it's some 3rd foreign langauge which is not spoken here then ok maybe you got to 'study' that

You are right about language being not really need to study hard compare to other subjects. No matter how hard I studied and prepared for o level I still get a c6 whereas other subjects I studied hard and got mostly As and Bs.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Language, it's all about using it frequently and reading widely. It gets better with age of you mix with the right crowd.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

And some even caused their families to migrate because they couldnt get a C6 pass grade in 2nd Language Chinese.