• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why samster English is so good ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excluding myself. I find that majority of samster have very good English writing skills. I scored a c6 in gce o level for English which means pass but frankly there are many posts that I catch no ball. They are mostly written by all at least b3 a2 and a1 type.
Is it be cos of 1 or more of the following reasons.

1. Sam leong a singlish terminator taught them well.
2. They are all failed politicians. To be a politician English subject is their rice bowl.
3. They learnt from one another.
4. They keep reading lky books.
5. They all adore adk so they insist to master their pang.
6. They have foul mouth so need compensation for a good writing.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
7. They read a lot of "trash" like Dandy, Beano, MAD Magazine, and picked up their language skills from them.

Cheers!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They watched "atas" cartoons when young and thought about the moral behind the story and were not distracted by the wham bam violence and special effects ........

Homer wrote of Odysseus and the Sirens, who’s beautiful song lured countless sailors to shipwreck on the rocky island of Anthemoessa. Odysseus knew that he must pass the Sirens before he would be reunited with his home land, so he took action to protect the lives of his sailors and himself.

Odysseus plugged all of his sailors’ ears with beeswax and ordered them to tie him to the mast. The Sirens would make order and beg the sailors to let him go, but he gave strict orders: No matter what he said, the sailors, under no circumstances, could untie his binds.

Odysseus understood that his personality would change when he was subjected to temptation. That his willpower would wane. That, without some sort of preventative device, he would lose all control and give in to temptation.

The ship drifted towards the feared chasm. The sailors patiently waited.

Without notice, the sailors recognized a sudden calm. They ensured their ears were plugged and tied Odysseus to the mast–just as they came within earshot of the island.

http://hackthesystem.com/blog/odysseus-precommitment-and-the-siren-song/

[video=youtube;LT0I6OmH4cQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0I6OmH4cQ[/video]

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i scored D7 for my O levels, my command of the Anglo-Saxon language improved tremendously after i began watching ang moh movies. Some of my favorite movies are:

Debbie does Dallas
MILF hunter series
Welivetogether series
Big tits and clits
Talk dirty to me

am afraid the list will be too long and non-exhaustive. i had to improve my English to understand what they were talking about and doing :smile:

they taught me so much

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i scored D7 for my O levels, my command of the Anglo-Saxon language improved tremendously after i began watching ang moh movies. Some of my favorite movies are:

Debbie does Dallas
MILF hunter series
Welivetogether series
Big tits and clits
Talk dirty to me

am afraid the list will be too long and non-exhaustive. i had to improve my English to understand what they were talking about and doing :smile:

they taught me so much
Wow I'm ashamed of myself c6 but can't understand angmo movies dialogue and need subtitle.
I was thinking is it those f9 e8 d7 people read this forum a not lol

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...ashamed of myself c6 but can't understand angmo movies dialogue and need subtitle.
No need to be, just get a long hair dictionary:biggrin:

i scored D7 for my O levels, my command of the Anglo-Saxon language improved tremendously after i began watching ang moh movies. Big tits and clits Talk dirty to me
But then, you did good at oral (excuse the pun):p. Doesn't say anything on your reading and writing england

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes its true my dear peasant chootchiew.

my mother who is a graduate from Eton and spoke with a posh english accent,otherwise known as the Received Pronunciation,or the BBC accent or the Queen's english,is the daughter of a ex politician,a well known parliamentary figure of the british conservative party during Margaret thatcher's reign.

oftentimes,she would potter about the kitchen wearing one of her queen's yellow dresses with the customary grandmotherly pearls and large sunday hats to go along,sipping a cup of assam earl grey elemental brown joy,she would launch into one of those queen's speeches or tirades moaning about the sad state of current affairs and her yorkshire dogs back on her estate at buckingham palace and her prize winning sunday roses,segueing into her favourite topic:foreigners.....her singsongy voice dripping with sarcasm and her face could barely hide the contempt and disdain for the foreigners that invaded the grounds of buckingham palace.

she had a tiny silver bell that she would often ring for the butler,

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excluding myself. I find that majority of samster have very good English writing skills. I scored a c6 in gce o level for English which means pass but frankly there are many posts that I catch no ball. They are mostly written by all at least b3 a2 and a1 type.
Is it be cos of 1 or more of the following reasons.

1. Sam leong a singlish terminator taught them well.
2. They are all failed politicians. To be a politician English subject is their rice bowl.
3. They learnt from one another.
4. They keep reading lky books.
5. They all adore adk so they insist to master their pang.
6. They have foul mouth so need compensation for a good writing.

My strongest influence for writing good English is 1.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such strict criterion as a prerequisite will deter folks from reading this forum, hence a C6-er will do just fine :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
A c6-er may not understand certain threads. Some write with super chimney English with hidden meaning.
A moderator is like a referee in a football match. To me need b3 at least. Alot of jobs in call centre email team need min b3 to qualify.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes its true my dear peasant chootchiew.

my mother who is a graduate from Eton and spoke with a posh english accent,otherwise known as the Received Pronunciation,or the BBC accent or the Queen's english,is the daughter of a ex politician,a well known parliamentary figure of the british conservative party during Margaret thatcher's reign.

oftentimes,she would potter about the kitchen wearing one of her queen's yellow dresses with the customary grandmotherly pearls and large sunday hats to go along,sipping a cup of assam earl grey elemental brown joy,she would launch into one of those queen's speeches or tirades moaning about the sad state of current affairs and her yorkshire dogs back on her estate at buckingham palace and her prize winning sunday roses,segueing into her favourite topic:foreigners.....her singsongy voice dripping with sarcasm and her face could barely hide the contempt and disdain for the foreigners that invaded the grounds of buckingham palace.

she had a tiny silver bell that she would often ring for the butler,

That's weird. Yr mum also a samster ?

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in the old delphi forum days, I recalled an appeal letter written to SR Nathan appealing him to reduce his presidential salary in light of rising income inequality in Singapore.

It was written in an incredibly polite way to its recipient.