• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why is faith good?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: They Are Interested With Snakes ONLY

that is very strong and harsh. A little too judgmental as a faith believer. Can't people ask/explore about the truth? There is no physical evidence to show many "miracles" the book existed. how do you expect people, who grew up on the foundations of science to accept such?

what happen if I am right, and there is really no deity? just for thought

There certainly arent any proofs that evolution exists. In fact there are lots of scientific evidence to prove evolution cannot exist.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You are correct. Believe in things that can be substantiated, not baseless claims.

So you claims a snake could talk , human can stay alive in a fish stomach for days ? :wink: if that's not baseless claims I don't know what is :wink:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not Ture

how do you expect people, who grew up on the foundations of science to accept such?

what happen if I am right, and there is really no deity? just for thought

If this the case, then ID or Intelligence Design should not find its way into the science community and famous journals. :rolleyes:

The science community at that time were HARSHER. :mad: They could come together and do things to you even if you are ALSO an atheist who happen to tread on the wrong place say ID which is akin to a creationist's view. These people had no idea why they were being bullied and thrown out of their jobs. :cool:

What foundation of science ! Atheistic 'science' is no science. Science should survive the rigor of scrutiny and test. But, ... LOL :biggrin: Atheistic ones just crumble down in no time. :eek:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: They Are Interested With Snakes ONLY

Why Faith is a Bad Thing.

confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.

Everyone has some form of faith. I myself as an atheist have faith, the number 1 in the dictionary description. For example, if I am in the car with my father, I have ‘Faith’ he will get me to my destination safely. However he could crash the car at any time. I don’t know this until it happens, if it happens.

I play roulette. I know the laws of probability tell me that the ball must land on my number, however I have no way of knowing when. It could be in the first few spins, it could be in 100 spins. The point is, until the ball lands in my number, I have ‘faith’ that it will do so.

Now, there is another thing not listed in the description above. You could say it is not in the basis of faith, but the realisation and anticipation of a certainty. I know if I mix blue and yellow I get green. This always happens and I have never had anything different or unexpected. There are loads of certainties in life which I know will happen. I make them happen. What I don’t do is sit and wait for something to happen, because the frustration, the bad feeling of knowing that bi still need something and it still hasn’t been satisfied. Faith that whatever I need will happen on its own is a bad thing.Another example of bad faith is expecting something impossible to happen. It’ll never happen, but believing it might is futile. To be told to believe in something impossible is a bad thing. If you are told you could fly if you believe, would you jump off a building? Perhaps you would say you have faith you can fly and that is enough. You don’t need to jump off a building to prove it. Some other idiot will have faith you can fly too. Maybe a large group of people will believe. And if they believe that then why not some other rubbish? Eventually, a few people down the line, the story will change, and people will be told these impossible things actually happened. This is dangerous, because such things lead to the Bible, and the Quran.

Sherlock Holmes never existed. He was made up by Arthur Conan Doyle. However, it was so long ago that more people believe he was real than know he was a character in a story. People believe vampires exist. Another story brought into the real world, as tens of thousands of deluded people think they are vampires. People life their whole lives in unreality. Faced with reality, they find it much harder to cope. This leads to depression, anxiety and even suicide. In order to keep their fantasies going, people turn to violence and even murder. Religious extremism exists to keep religious ideas alive. Religions who turn away from violence like some Christian sects, fail miserably. Why? Because reason defeats faith hands down every time. Faith can be completely destroyed by just a few words of reason. But to know reason and still have faith is tantamount to serious mental illness. If you believe you are a dog when you are clearly human, is not good. So too, if you believe in god after you have discovered there is no god, then this is bad. Faith is a bad thing, and needs to be carefully administered under the right circumstances.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Ministry In India

I have seen headaches n pain disapear, bones straightened and deaf ears opened.
Raised from the dead never seen personally but here is a a real testimony seen by many people with live footage. The pastor died three days and resurrected in a healing meeting.

[video=youtube;NNaoDyV-PJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNaoDyV-PJ4[/video]

The same thing happened in the ministry in India. A woman (not saved) was resurrected while she wasn't breathing any more because of a drowning. Her sis (not saved) beside her saw what an ang moh pastor did by praying and her sis resurrected back to life. Her sis did not believe what had happened. She was very confused. But she was saved anyway. Good for her.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Atheism = Fake Religion

Atheism is much worse than story books. It's both stupid (fake science) and hopeless.

Fake science ? You are using Internet ( thanks to science ) to post and not using god power to post :wink:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The familiar scream....so sexy and erotic
Remember you did once at Hougang car-park and the parking warden came rushing?

She did say that he whack drifter in religious folder but end of the day she put drifter in her banned list :wink: she's very hurt :wink:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
God Did This

Fake science ? You are using Internet ( thanks to science ) to post and not using god power to post :wink:

Why not ? According to an account in ancient Babylon, He did just that. The king's servants feared. It was just a hand. And it was really literally a hand writing. LOL :biggrin:

God never seems to like to repeat the same trick twice. So, what to do ? He would rather use prophets to write them down.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: God Did This

Why not ? According to an account in ancient Babylon, He did just that. The king's servants feared. It was just a hand. And it was really literally a hand writing. LOL :biggrin:

God never seems to like to repeat the same trick twice. So, what to do ? He would rather use prophets to write them down.

Why not what ? :wink: so Internet is created by god or are you going to be so stupid to say god make man to create Internet ? :wink: Whahahaha . Wtf , now you say god never seems to like to repeat same trick twice to give stupid excuses , and then in other thread you change again to say god is powerful . So if he is so powerful why can't repeat his tricks ? Like magician scare Kena exposed ? Whahhaaha . You are dam funny ..Whahahahah . You argued like a 3 year old :wink:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Lord:

The gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life, everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is. So here's the deal: You freeze everything the way it is, and I won't ask for anything more. If that is OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, deal. In gratitude, I present you this offering of shark fins and Bird nest If you want me to eat them for you, give me no sign. Thy will be done :wink:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember another gentle visitor from the heavens, he came in peace and then died, only to come back to life, and his name was E.T :wink: