• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is 3rd May a school holiday?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why u never ask the following:

1) Raise GST can help the poor?

2) What does Prataman do to justify his $3 million pay per year?

3) How does Ass Loong screw his fugly missus?

4) How come 8 out of 10 satisfied with public transport?

5) How come Lim Sia Suay not working as a clown?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Make up for Sat Public Holiday. Apparently some departments in SAF also today no work. My bro who just joined them start work tomorrow instead of today coz they are closed today

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore companies still operate without any make-up even if Saturday is their off day. Where is the rights!

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't remember having a make-up for a public holiday that falls on a Saturday during my school days..

The whole country turns up for work today.. why so special for the schools and the army?

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you work only five days a week, companies are supposed to make up for a day. BUT many bosses act blur... and govt "bo chap" and don't care... so "The whole country turns up for work today.."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those company operate on 1st May (Saturday) will consider public holiday on 1st May.
Those company off on Saturday will make up public holiday on 3rd May(Monday),
Why these question bring up, is SOP for so long are you still sleeping in cave.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
they work very hard for their grades mah.
can consider hard labour?

I don't think so. I don't remember this holiday in place during the 80s or 90s.

Then again, if it's because this is the only way the school teachers can get their break (for Labour Day), then I rest my case. :smile:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

The whole country turns up for work today.. why so special for the schools and the army?

The army also need to rest mah, after waiting so long for the enemy to come. Even in war, Singkie's army can call breaks for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon coffee/smoke break followed by afternoon nap, dinner and night snack.

If it rain or gets too hot for our lap-top equiped soldiers or if their laptop runs out of battery, they can 'choop' and take a break while engage with enemy.