• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Inflammatory Reply By FTrash Not Published in Print? To Protect Their Image???

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Thanks, being a PR is good enough
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN RESPONSE to letters by Mr Jimmy Loke ('The PR difference', last Saturday) and Mr Chia Kok Leong ('No school, no Singapore', last Saturday), I would only ask them to refer to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's speech reported last Friday ('MM: Foreign talent is vital'), where he gave an idea of the benefits citizens have over permanent residents (PRs).
I am happy to be a PR and although we do not get equal benefits in housing and other respects, that is understandable. We understand the difference between a citizen and a PR.
But where our children are concerned, we just want them to have the best education possible and I think we are not asking much. Citizens have the upper hand in buying homes and other respects, which is justified, but where schooling is concerned, 'every child has the right to get the best education possible'.
About living here for six years and not taking citizenship, I think this is a very personal choice. I would just like to end this topic by saying we are not here to compete with citizens but there are certain things on which one cannot compromise and children's education is one of them. I think we are not asking much and we are grateful to the Government for understanding that for every parent, his child's welfare comes first.
I would like to thank Mr Loke and Mr Chia for inviting us to become citizens but for now, I am proud to be a citizen of my country and have PR status in Singapore.
Sweta Agarwal (Mrs)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why Inflammatory Reply By FTrash Not Published in Print? To Protect Their Image??

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>1. Mrs Agarwal is actually a smart and entrepreneurial person and the term "Foreign Talent" is completely befitting of her. She is to be applauded and Singaporeans should humbly ask her for advice and take a leaf from her brilliance and ponder about the following lessons:

a. In a commericial and globalised society like Singapore, if you wish to survive in this concrete jungle, you must know which are rules you can take advantage of and the stepping stones that you can use (alas people to step on) to advance in life;
b. You do not and should not blame her as she did not create the policies in the first place. She was only a participant. It is only natural that when there are policies that are favourable to oneself, one should seize advantage of them. Moreover, it is not uncommon even for Singaporeans to use policies that are advantageous to them for commercial benefit. You do not have to look far to appreciate that the vibrant property market without any restrictions do allow Singaporeans to become richer easily. Are Singaporeans hypocritical here?
c. While one may lament that one is bypassed in this society, one only has oneself to blame if others seemingly trespass onto yourself and your homes and take advantage of you. Who was the one who brought about the formation of the policies? Who allowed the FT in? What was the Christian saying about trespass again?
d. It is also bewildering that Singaporeans tend to lament their lot and refuse to take action. How would you wish to be heard about your objections? By planting your expletives or dissatisfaction in a forum? By choosing leaders who would treasure you? Are Singaporeans naive creatures?
e. Choosing your leaders is like marriage. While the initial feelings and euphoria were there, nothing lasts forever. The fractures and fissures who are already inherent would surface. Don't you agree that these fractures and fissures are not unapparent now? In a long lasting marriage whereby leaders and the people have lost feelings for each other, the only way to resolve this is to apply for a divorce at the appropriate time. Do you not see the character differences now?
f. If Singaporeans do not wish to divorce their estranged leaders and partners and seek an alternative and more understanding partner (who can cajole, love, understand and support them), you are only to blame if you carry on in a loveless and excruciating relationship.
g. You know how to apply divorce, don't you?

In the meantime, Singaporeans still need many many FT as Singaporeans cannot even think for themselves. Mrs Agarwal Banzai!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: whatisyourproblem at Thu Aug 20 18:54:59 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>