• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why in Singapore there are no govt approval ratings system?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all other developed countries there exist approval ratings, gallup poll etc to gauge how well the government is doing.

I appreciate the fact that there are none such here in Singapore, as we already know we have full confidence in our government.

We only need straw polls of 100 random interviewees from the streets conducted by the credible Straits Times and CNA to get a sense of things.

I am so glad we don't have to go through the drama and whipsawing of public sentiments gyrating to the news of the day.

I applaud the government to spare us such inconveniences and just focus on getting things done.

Thank you!

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wave RC flag....what governemnt approval ratings.....?? in Singapore, the government pre-approve themselvers...

UNIQUELY SINGAPORE! :biggrin:

What's unique is that inspite of this, the people keep voting them in at every GE, in larger quantities.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all other developed countries there exist approval ratings, gallup poll etc to gauge how well the government is doing.

I appreciate the fact that there are none such here in Singapore, as we already know we have full confidence in our government.

We only need straw polls of 100 random interviewees from the streets conducted by the credible Straits Times and CNA to get a sense of things.

I am so glad we don't have to go through the drama and whipsawing of public sentiments gyrating to the news of the day.

I applaud the government to spare us such inconveniences and just focus on getting things done.

Thank you!

Because the truth hurts? :wink::p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
as we already know we have full confidence in our government.

well, u have a leader saying to raise gst to help the poor. The full confidence are from sinkies, not singaporeans.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's unique is that inspite of this, the people keep voting them in at every GE, in larger quantities.

If you look carefully the 66.6% is not a large majority, for there many who never had a chance to vote & voice out their frustrations, and ever changing electoral boundary, which is still uncheck!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
even if there r polls it won't change the political landscape of s'pore much.....every time election comes they will just give more incentives(eg. gst offset bonus) or use the selective en bloc redevelopment scheme 2 convince the ppl 2 vote 4 them.....itz a cycle every 4-5 year.......