• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Hong Kong can, Taipei can, but S'pore cannot make it, why, why, why?

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Hong Kong and Taipei, both densely populated cities like S'pore, taxis are very affordable and easy to get. You don't have to fight for one, there are so many around at all times and there aren't the whole range of surcharges, erp and other add-ons that we have.

What is wrong with S'pore taxi system? Why is it so difficult to get a taxi and why the fare structure is so cheem?

Now Comfort wants to raise fares again. According to media reports, cabbies will make about 10% more.

Will they continue to pick and choose? Maybe we should adopt besotted's idea and open the cabbie licence to foreigners - like Pinoy, PRC and Indians

Maybe even angmohs - hear the Western economies are collapsing.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think Comfort Taxis are expensive or unaffordable, then take any of these other taxis listed below. No one is armtwisting you to insist on sitting in Comfort.

1. Taxi Singapore
2. Premium Taxi
3. CityCab
4. SMART Cabs
5. TransCab
6. Prime Taxi
7. Yellow-Top Taxi
8. SMRT Taxi

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comfort Boss shld increase Taxi Rentals and Diesels prices
and channel their profits back to Passengers. Ask Taxi Unkels
and they will tell u, easy they can make 4 to 5 K per mth after
expenses. Tos driving Black Batman lagi terror, open mouth
they say, EASY 6K. KNN, So good to earn still want to increase
PRICE!

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think Comfort Taxis are expensive or unaffordable, then take any of these other taxis listed below. No one is armtwisting you to insist on sitting in Comfort.

1. Taxi Singapore
2. Premium Taxi
3. CityCab
4. SMART Cabs
5. TransCab
6. Prime Taxi
7. Yellow-Top Taxi
8. SMRT Taxi

How to choose taxi company? Any taxi that comes along and stops as I hail, I take. Their fares are more or less about the same. I have only two problems with taxis. The peak hour surcharges are horribly high and the 11pm hour before midnight, all taxis disappear. :mad:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to choose taxi company? Any taxi that comes along and stops as I hail, I take. Their fares are more or less about the same. I have only two problems with taxis. The peak hour surcharges are horribly high and the 11pm hour before midnight, all taxis disappear. :mad:

krafty will pick you up anytime anywhere and give you personalized service, including last rites at bedok reservoir.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compared to other First World Nations, Peesai's taxis are still very cheap.

Charges will increase as long as people will pay. Once people won't pay, prices won't increase. Simple.

Cheers!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
All taxi uncles are sinkies, there are total of 25176 and more than 35000 taxi drivers in sg. By increasing the taxi fare these taxi uncles income will increase thus will win votes for the PAP

AcesHigh

Take a look around your estate's carpark and you will see quite a handful of cabs parked in the lots. Most established cab drivers now can afford to drive half a day without having to break sweat and have the rest of the time off to relax or to use the cab as a family car. . Coupled with the massive increase in population and lesser cabs for hire on the road , this is the major cause of the problem.
Increasing prices does not solve the shortages of cabs for hire , it will only make things worse.
When cab prices increase , more people will turn to buses and the Mrt for the not so affluent will not be able to afford the prices and some of the passengers who can afford to pay will be turned off by the lack of cabs (even when you try to call to book one during peak hours).
So who's the ultimate winner? Your guess is as good as mine .
Final Score again :- Public Transport even after repeatedly raising prices: 1 Sinkies: 0