• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why chinese wakes need to provide beer?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got beer meh? Usually they provide mineral water or packet drinks. Maybe some uncles like beer to go with the nuts and melon seeds.
The beer are stored inside the coffin and chilled by the cold dead body....You can lift up the coffin lid and pick a can whenever you want. :laugh:

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not normal to drink beer during a wake. I am surprised your family encounter this.
more thugs in my extended family.
useless thugs

retired thugs already own kopitiam, money-launder for N.Korea.
mine, only ask for free-flow beers in wakes and baby shower.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
certainly, but shouldn't pressure family of deceased to go find alcohol.

like what @blackmondy said, might as well get beer ladies to sit on their laps.
For me ..if I visit n no alcohol. .I will buy my own ... I won't pressure the family etc n make demands. I am not a fuckien

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last night will serve dinner, but i only attended earlier nights, they didn't just serve melon seats and peanuts. They served fresh fruits like big green seedless grapes and dragon fruits for the non-drinkers.

different league.
We need more variety on these sombre occasions, like serving durians to those that stayed up much longer.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
About time some how lian people hold the wake in 5 star hotel ballrooms. The white gold will also commensurate with the hotel standard...macam wedding ang pow.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About time some how lian people hold the wake in 5 star hotel ballrooms. The white gold will also commensurate with the hotel standard...macam wedding ang pow.
Much cheaper to hold the wake at the hotel reception area.... :sneaky:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
most people are like that. When seniors are around or dying, relatives xiam like crazy, caregivers took the blunt.

Then when seniors die, suddenly everyone enthusiastic about the wake, show their friends they very fillal, get off from company. Best of all, can get a share of leftover wake money, and later get an equal share of inheritance.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's even better to die as a Muslim.

1) Exempted from cremation.

2) That day die, that day settle. No prolonged funeral wakes to showcase your SES or filial piety.
No need contrinbtion also. Its voluntary. Family also never ask for it. Same as wedding. Invitation means its free. Unless guest wants to contribute in terms of money or presents.its not part of culture to contribute except gotong royong for wedding in kampung as in cooking and decorations.