• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why chinese wakes need to provide beer?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got some old CB relatives, every time go wakes ask for beer. The deceased family don't have, they also make people go buy for them.

For these motherfuckers, going to wake is like going for beer-buffet.
Family gatherings, baby-showers also ask for beer from hosts.

Must make their money worth; they should die before the deceased.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got some old CB relatives, every time go wakes ask for beer. The deceased family don't have, they also make people go buy for them.

Alcohol is good for drowning away sorrow. Remember, someone has died.

Now give that man a Tiger.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haven't been to a wake for ages. I have deliberately avoided wakes for my own sanity. My last words to my NOK is no wake for me. From hospital mortuary to cremation straight.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
My last words to my NOK is no wake for me. From hospital mortuary to cremation straight.
hi five bro, I told my NOK the same. I do repeat that once every few years to remind them.
I told them to cremate me quickly then slowly notify others. Funeral parlours and undertakers also rip people off.

I hope i will have time to delete my female contacts or bid farewell to them before I lose consciousness.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haven't been to a wake for ages. I have deliberately avoided wakes for my own sanity. My last words to my NOK is no wake for me. From hospital mortuary to cremation straight.
I envy those that lived at Sin Ming Road/Bright Hill Road area. When they kee-chia at home, they can just walk across the road to the Kong Meng San temple crematorium and have themselves grinded into dust.

c6e06010-c979-11e9-bdee-7b7ab1ed44f5.png

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They should have sexy beer ladies at the wakes if they serve beer there.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should have a wake. Ask your NOK to hire some chiobus to do a striptease dance in front of your coffin like those Taiwanese fuckers. Have a final feast before your eyes and dick are reduced to ashes.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some wakes also provide mahjong and fried bee hoon n hot drinks.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest having steamboats at wakes. It will be a very 热闹 occasion. The fresh ingredients will be placed within the tent around the coffin. Any unfresh smell comes from the coffin. :roflmao:
This will boost the catering industry greatly.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

same here.................then my ashes flush down the nearest toilet bowl.............

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also can have karaoke....but can only sing songs made famous by dead singers eg theresa teng, anita mui, roman tam

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I envy those that lived at Sin Ming Road/Bright Hill Road area. When they kee-chia at home, they can just walk across the road to the Kong Meng San temple crematorium and have themselves grinded into dust.

View attachment 166966

It's even better to die as a Muslim.

1) Exempted from cremation.

2) That day die, that day settle. No prolonged funeral wakes to showcase your SES or filial piety.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi five bro, I told my NOK the same. I do repeat that once every few years to remind them.
I told them to cremate me quickly then slowly notify others. Funeral parlours and undertakers also rip people off.

I hope i will have time to delete my female contacts or bid farewell to them before I lose consciousness.
Well you can always notify them personally after you have kee-chia. I'm sure the ladies would appreciate a more personal touch from the netherworld....

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got beer meh? Usually they provide mineral water or packet drinks. Maybe some uncles like beer to go with the nuts and melon seeds.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not normal to drink beer during a wake. I am surprised your family encounter this.