• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why AssMRT Commuters Should Be Grateful to Famiee

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
overloaded_train.jpg

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah! Be grateful, it's only 92 times....not 1000 times!! :biggrin:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_407384.html
Services disrupted 92 times

mrt-st.jpg

Among the 92 disruptions, 79 occurred on SMRT train services and the remaining 13 on SBS Transit services. SMRT currently runs three of the four MRT lines here. -- ST PHOTO: ASHLEIGH SIM

MRT train services were disrupted 92 times over the last three years, but public transport operators were found liable in only one instance.

In the other incidents, train operators were not found to be negligent and did not flout the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) operating performance standards, which requires 98 per cent of train services to be available every month.

The biggest fine was dealt in March last year when SMRT was made to pay more than $380,000 due to a seven-hour disruption that affected more than 57,000 commuters.

In a written reply to Parliament on Monday, Transport Minister Raymond Lim said that 30 of the 92 disruptions lasted for more than half an hour.

But out of the 30, 12 disruptions were a result of people crossing train tracks while 17 were caused by equipment faults.

One incident was caused by a passenger who had pushed the emergency button.

Mr Lim gave these numbers in response to a question from MP Fatimah Lateef (Marine Parade GRC), who wanted to know the causes of train disruptions and how they could be prevented.

Among the 92 disruptions, 79 occurred on SMRT train services and the remaining 13 on SBS Transit services. SMRT currently runs three of the four MRT lines here.

Overall, equipment faults accounted for the majority of the disruptions to train services here, said the LTA.

Dr Lim Wee Kiak, chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport, thinks the number of train service disruptions here is still within the acceptable limit. But he urges transport companies to tackle future faults as quickly as possible.

YEO GHIM LAY

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone notice that the stations are filthy :confused:
I'm referring to the trainside of the sliding doors.

When I'm in a train looking out I can see that the sliding doors at the stations are filthy. Also notice that the air vents in the trains aren't cleaned on a regular basis, can see the build up of dust :rolleyes:

Obvious that our trains arenot being looked after :rolleyes:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone notice that the stations are filthy :confused:
I'm referring to the trainside of the sliding doors.

When I'm in a train looking out I can see that the sliding doors at the stations are filthy. Also notice that the air vents in the trains aren't cleaned on a regular basis, can see the build up of dust :rolleyes:

Obvious that our trains arenot being looked after :rolleyes:

Sial la brother....relac one corner first la.........

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sial la brother....relac one corner first la.........

I normally don't care but with the breakdowns & diseases getting so common, have to start worrying sometime

The filthy conditions show they aren't even cleaning those hidden areas. This reflects badly on maintenance & have to worry what else they aren't doing :eek: