• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who should we believe? 87 year-old MM Lee or 51 year-old Law Minister Shanmugam?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Can you provide figures for majority and minority?

I think this is a smoke screen mah. If the HDB says that majority are sinkies driving up the price of HDB, than, they should reveal what is the real cost of building a flat versus what is the market price and see who it is that is really driving prices up. I dare say it will be the HDB.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is a smoke screen mah. If the HDB says that majority are sinkies driving up the price of HDB, than, they should reveal what is the real cost of building a flat versus what is the market price and see who it is that is really driving prices up. I dare say it will be the HDB.

Do u know that in the stock market, it's always the minority who drives up stock price while the majority is relatively in-mobile?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who to believe? MM or Shanmugam?

Who should we believe? The 87 year-old MM Lee or the 51 year-old Law Minister Shanmugam?

MM Lee: "...property prices have gone up because foreigners with permanent residence are buying into the market."

Law Minister Shanmugam said that foreigners are not responsible for driving up HDB prices: "You say maybe foreigners are paying these high valuations. I think if you check, you’ll find that the majority are Singaporeans."
y ze 1 in charge of hdb kip his blahdy mouth shut? ... n 2 fellas, who r not, shoot their gabs off? ...

Last edited:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given any day, it is better not to trust the nehs.

One good example is Half Breed Viv who crawl into office and decided it is his policy to starve old peasants on welfare.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My political view: always be suspicious of politicians!!!

In fact, i think everyone shld hold this view.

Last edited:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
So for the next GE, please do your part, from NOW ONWARDS to educate as many people as possible on the evil that permeates the PAP>

On how difficult it is to trust the PAP when they keep conflicting themselves on major issues affecting us.

Lastly, the 154th seems to have fooled many of you into thinking that most of the FTs are low-waged workers. In fact, a very sizeable portion of FTs are white-collar workers who command high salaries and live in many of our condos in SG and the more expensive HDB estates. But nost Fts live in condos because they are well paid.

These are well paid to do jobs that many Singaporeans can actually render. Go to any condo development and you will easily see that most of the people that live there are FTs!

All these FTs are to enrich property owners and developers and the garment.

It is as simple as that. 60-80% of FTs are not required in SG. You will get even more upset if you only knew the number of FTs that actually receive grants from the various PAP garment instruments and I'm not talking about students but also those that do business here. Even half-fuck FTs with no business experience are given PR and MONEY to start businesses here!!!!!!!!

The problem is, a lot of Singaporeans are not knowledgeable about political related issues in Singapore. They are too comfortable in their current or should I say, past situation to make a point to understand the problems with PAP.

Like myself, I am still learning and I am willing to share my knowledge to my friends however, the problem is the learning curve is steep and I constantly need to read say 1,000 words before I find 100 words that can improve my knowledge. Can anyone of you guys advice how a newbie could start acquiring knowledge efficiently?

And it is a fact that FT exist at all levels. Even middle management.
3) Which country in the world have >1/3 of foreigners? Is there a better solution to solve the problem of not having enough people? I don't know because I am not that smart. That is the gov't's job. Aren't them supposed to lead us and solve the problem?

4) I don't consider myself the highly skilled which Singapore lacks and definitely I am not in the low-skilled low paying job. But I am one example whereby almost half of my colleagues are foreigners. So I don't buy this story that Singaporeans accepts foreign workers in the two extreme spectrum of the job market.

5) What the ang mo said is true- Studies have shown that immigration is most successful, when you have many different groups from many different countries instead of from one big group from one same country.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are in the game together and have the same goal. One should not pay attention to what they're saying, rather what they're doing day in day out.

Their purpose of giving conflicting statements is to hope you'll waste time on deciphering their words, rather than their actions.

I agree with you on this.
They are both PAP leh, they exist as one entity, how would they be giving conflicting statements? Don't think they have made a mistake, in fact they say this for a reason.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple Answer:

MM too old to think straight, today this answer and tomorrow another answer
Minister Shanmugam is not handling HDB and futhermore both party answer contradict each other.

Equal = Both also cannot be trust.
QUOTE]
Better to trust forummers here who are full of wisdom and kindness and are extremely smart and capable.

These forummers are extremely honest people who love to provide free services to the citizens and give them free HDB flats, no ERPs, no price increases in gas and water, no import of FTs, all jobs go to Sporeans first, and they will give everyone minister's pay - also noe COE.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
These forummers are extremely honest people who love to provide free services to the citizens and give them free HDB flats, no ERPs, no price increases in gas and water, no import of FTs, all jobs go to Sporeans first, and they will give everyone minister's pay - also noe COE.

I don't agree that HDB flats should be given free however it must be affordable.

I don't agree that there shouldn't be no ERPs but it needs to be reviewed. E.g. some ERPs charge twice in the same route or charge up to 10pm. In the first place what is it's objective? To reduce traffic jam or really it is to generate revenue?

I don't agree that there shouldn't be increase in gas and water unless it is necessary.

I don't agree that we shouldn't import FT but not at a rate that make Singaporeans suffer e.g at the expenses of Singaporean's jobs etc.