• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who says retired people cannot make achievements?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Her few friends, namely her lawyer and stockbroker, said the endowment was born of her desire to help Jewish women battle the kind of discrimination she felt she had encountered during 23 years with the I.R.S. While she served with distinction, she toiled without promotion. Still, when she retired in 1944 she had audited enough returns to know the big money was in stocks. She invested eagerly and wisely, and as her fortune grew, so did her desire to make sure other women wouldn't be shortchanged.“

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms. Scheiber had known tough times as a child in turn-of-the-century Brooklyn. Her father died young, after suffering substantial losses on his property holdings. Her mother sold real estate to support the family and Ms. Scheiber went to secretarial school and took a bookkeeping job. She later attended law school in Washington and joined the I.R.S. as an estate auditor.

Mr. Clark said that while she led her office in scouring returns for underpayments, she never made more than $4,000 a year, and never received a promotion.

"She was always on top of production," he said. "Yet in her mind, women always got the short end of the stick."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over the next half century, she parlayed that $5,000 into a portfolio that included holdings in Coca-Cola, Paramount, Schering-Plough and more than a 100 other stocks that by her death last January at the age of 101 were worth about $22 million.

Living thriftily and anonymously in a city of high rollers, she allowed herself only one final act of big spending. In her will she left that $22 million to Yeshiva University, a school she never attended, to help students she never met.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
University officials had never heard of her, and at first they thought her lawyer's request for a meeting was a nuisance call. But their skepticism vanished in a blink when they learned of Ms. Scheiber's bequest, the second largest in their university's history.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good inspiring story. But not in singapore. Cpf monies locked up in hdb and cpf retirement account. Sad. :(

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retired auditor Anne Scheiber grew her wealth from USD5k at the start of her retirement to USD22m when she died after five decades in retirement and donated almost all to charity.

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/02/...a-quiet-auditor-leaves-yeshiva-a-fortune.html
2018-03-12 19.57.14.png

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks to pap, sinkies who bought hdb flats 69 years ago at $69k can now sell for $696k and retire in jb and get whacked by jiuhukias.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks to pap, sinkies who bought hdb flats 69 years ago at $69k can now sell for $696k and retire in jb and get whacked by jiuhukias.

Hey what’s worse is cannot buy hdb buy condo retire to jb and get whacked by jiuhukias who tell you to go back to your hdb! Can PAP evict all jiuhukias occupying MY HDB?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any useful people here want to take up 220m challenge to beat the achievement of this retired auditor? Or at least emulate this real positive human being with positive contribution to others that are not your family and cronies?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You named 1 person who grew the wealth from USD5K to USD22m...I can name 100,000 persons whose wealth fell from USD22m to USD5K.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You named 1 person who grew the wealth from USD5K to USD22m...I can name 100,000 persons whose wealth fell from USD22m to USD5K.

That’s the case for every success isn’t it? How many 100,000 persons to get one Bill gate, one Jack ma? Does that stop people from quoting these billionaires stories? Or valid reason to rubbish these billionaires story and justify why you are not billionaire or cannot attempt to be billionaire?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any useful people here want to take up 220m challenge to beat the achievement of this retired auditor? Or at least emulate this real positive human being with positive contribution to others that are not your family and cronies?
my uncle say last time he know 1 kway bu start from 2k rmb come sg be kway then later open hang flower shop and now a milliionaire. he say the kway bu feel very positive human being.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say last time he know 1 kway bu start from 2k rmb come sg be kway then later open hang flower shop and now a milliionaire. he say the kway bu feel very positive human being.

Your Malaysian kway bu mother got same success story and that’s why you and other shameless Malaysians are so self entitled to sexually harrass a Singaporean woman with such malicious lies with no shame. Pui!