• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is still using - Lotus Notes for email

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
At one stage it was seen as a big new thing, and Lotus company was purchased by sucker IBM at a huge record amount of money due to nothing but this product.

Today? :rolleyes::confused:

Finished?

I think Google had killed it 10X over.:biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is just the normal product lifecycle of any successful technology. They will first be hailed as the next big thing, then in a few years get replaced by a newer and more advanced product.

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
At one stage it was seen as a big new thing, and Lotus company was purchased by sucker IBM at a huge record amount of money due to nothing but this product.

Today? :rolleyes::confused:

Finished?

I think Google had killed it 10X over.:biggrin:
I cant remember who but one head hunter sent me an email that's clearly Lotus Notes format ha ha..

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be fair... I think lotus notes is not just purely for email purpose. it is a platform for groupware and information sharing.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
its actually pretty useful if your company is big, can find others telephone no, office no pretty quickly

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to be fair... I think lotus notes is not just purely for email purpose. it is a platform for groupware and information sharing.

You are right ! A lot of Notes developer are hired by many company to customize their shared application.

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Google docs & Google groups & Google apps plus other companies gave FOC or cheaper alternatives and stronger / better alternatives.

:p

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I'm not wrong, SIN gov already migrated to exchange, or in the process of migrating. Anyone can verify this ?

They outsourced their IT services to EDS which was acquired by HP.

And now that they cannot handle or do not have the experience to handle requirements, the outsource everything back to NCS. The project is way behind schedule and nobody wants anything to do with the SOEasy program; in a span of 8 months, they've changed 4 PMs!

Lotus Notes is one of the programs being phrased out for Microsoft's solutions.

Last edited: