• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is CASE Chairman? Why is he not FIRED?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Credible private schools: Not MOE's job, but Case must be more thorough
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Monday's letter, 'Take proactive steps', by Ms Tan Mei Ling and wish to point out her misconception of the role of the Ministry of Education on the issue of fake degrees.
Why should the ministry endorse or accredit the quality of courses when the law requires private schools to be registered? Asking for the ministry's endorsement is like asking the registrar of a company to vouch that all companies it registers will be fair, honest and trustworthy.
The ministry should, as I understand it, be responsible only for schools, institutes, colleges and universities under its direct charge.
Having said that, I cannot understand the Consumers Association of Singapore's (Case) rationale in certifying private schools that issue degrees within such a short period of study. This is especially so when its CaseTrust accreditation is seen as an immediate recognition of a company the public can trust.
Case should exercise more due diligence in examining private schools seeking its CaseTrust label so that students who trust the integrity of the hallmark are well protected. We expect foreign students to trust a CaseTrust label and it is not right to plead 'buyer beware' when matters go awry.
If Singapore is serious about being a quality and trustworthy regional education hub, credible certification or accreditation is vital.
Paul Chan