• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who bought Hummer from GM? SICHUAN!!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time and time again I have said China is best and America waning

Time and time again I have warned Singaporeans not to be Pinkertons and get on touch with reality

Sichuan BEST!!!!!

Jia you!

Hope all you aged below 30 Pinkertons wake up and learn from the Chinese

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors Corp. has struck a deal to sell its Hummer truck unit to a Chinese industrial business, the two companies confirmed Tuesday.

Privately owned Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in China, will acquire the truck brand, which has been part of GM since 1999. Tengzhong said it plans to keep Hummer's management team.

"We plan to ... allow Humer to innovate and grow in exciting new ways under the leadership and continuity of its current management team," said Yang Yi, chief executive of Tengzhong.

Yang said the deal "will allow Hummer to better meet demand for new products such as more fuel-efficient vehicles in the U.S."

The companies said the deal would likely close by the end of September.

As part of the deal, some GM plants will continue to build the Hummer brand for the new owner, at least for awhile. The company said its Shreveport, La., plant will keep building Hummers for the new owner until at least 2010.

The news comes a day after GM (GMGMQ) filed for bankruptcy protection in New York.

"I'm confident that Hummer will thrive globally under its new ownership," said Troy Clarke, president of GM North America, in a press release. "And for GM, this sale continues to accelerate the reinvention of GM into a leaner, more focused, and more cost-competitive automaker."

GM also said that the deal should protect more than 3,000 jobs in manufacturing and engineering, and at dealerships "around the country."

The sale of the Hummer brand to a Chinese company will not impact the production of U.S. military vehicles. Military Humvees are produced by a different company, privately held AM General, based in South Bend, Ind.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When looking for a new vehicle to replace its ageing Land Rovers, the SAF looked at the humvee as well as its eventual choice, the Ford Everest. The humvee was apparently a non-starter - as big as and guzzles like a tank but does not offer anything like the same protection. I heard even the US forces are going for something else.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humvees are defacto US Military vehicle. It was designed as per Pentagon spec. What you have been hearing are Pentagon plans for a newer design but that might be some year off.

However the Hummer is an offshoot of the Humvee - they no longer build the civilian version of the Humvee and current Hummer is based on standard GM trucks

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humvees are defacto US Military vehicle. It was designed as per Pentagon spec. What you have been hearing are Pentagon plans for a newer design but that might be some year off.

However the Hummer is an offshoot of the Humvee - they no longer build the civilian version of the Humvee and current Hummer is based on standard GM trucks

May be they will be lowering their specs and opt for Japanese made cars for better fuel efficiency.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its logical that a China company bought over Hummer because the Hummer is driven by the rich in China and viewed as a "luxury" car like Audi/Merc/BMW because it is expensive/eye catching. Strange but true.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time and time again I have said China is best and America waning

Time and time again I have warned Singaporeans not to be Pinkertons and get on touch with reality

Sichuan BEST!!!!!

Jia you!

Hope all you aged below 30 Pinkertons wake up and learn from the Chinese

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors Corp. has struck a deal to sell its Hummer truck unit to a Chinese industrial business, the two companies confirmed Tuesday.

Privately owned Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd., based in China, will acquire the truck brand, which has been part of GM since 1999. Tengzhong said it plans to keep Hummer's management team.

"We plan to ... allow Humer to innovate and grow in exciting new ways under the leadership and continuity of its current management team," said Yang Yi, chief executive of Tengzhong.

Yang said the deal "will allow Hummer to better meet demand for new products such as more fuel-efficient vehicles in the U.S."

The companies said the deal would likely close by the end of September.

As part of the deal, some GM plants will continue to build the Hummer brand for the new owner, at least for awhile. The company said its Shreveport, La., plant will keep building Hummers for the new owner until at least 2010.

The news comes a day after GM (GMGMQ) filed for bankruptcy protection in New York.

"I'm confident that Hummer will thrive globally under its new ownership," said Troy Clarke, president of GM North America, in a press release. "And for GM, this sale continues to accelerate the reinvention of GM into a leaner, more focused, and more cost-competitive automaker."

GM also said that the deal should protect more than 3,000 jobs in manufacturing and engineering, and at dealerships "around the country."

The sale of the Hummer brand to a Chinese company will not impact the production of U.S. military vehicles. Military Humvees are produced by a different company, privately held AM General, based in South Bend, Ind.

A Chinese Hummer? I think we will see new records for mileage!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think they will fire all amercian, bring the machinery to china and make hummer in china.

i think the hummer brand name is finish.

due to the size, it is not a practical car

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If anyone wants to drive around in a truck, can take a public bus lah.

Very disgraceful that people like Schwarzenegger has 8 of them. I know he can afford them but its a crying waste, like using a whole 747 as a hospital to bring a lone sick person home :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If anyone wants to drive around in a truck, can take a public bus lah.

Very disgraceful that people like Schwarzenegger has 8 of them. I know he can afford them but its a crying waste, like using a whole 747 as a hospital to bring a lone sick person home :rolleyes:

in USA, the parking space and road width, it is possible to have a hummer, also the oil price there are low.

most places in the world, just not possible to find a parking space.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that Hummer is in good Chinese hands, I may buy one

Only problem is that in Singapore, parking space will be a problem

So far only one importer has brought it in and sold about a dozen vehicles

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that Hummer is in good Chinese hands, I may buy one

Only problem is that in Singapore, parking space will be a problem

So far only one importer has brought it in and sold about a dozen vehicles

Serious? H2 or H3? H3 is not a real Hummer. Isn't H2 too wide for Singapore roads?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in USA, the parking space and road width, it is possible to have a hummer, also the oil price there are low.

most places in the world, just not possible to find a parking space.

When I was in the states looking for a rental, the Toyota Corolla was under the sub compact category :biggrin:

America represent only 10% of the global population but consume 90% of the worlds resources. If the chinese adopt the american lifestyle the world is doomed. :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in the states looking for a rental, the Toyota Corolla was under the sub compact category :biggrin:

America represent only 10% of the global population but consume 90% of the worlds resources. If the chinese adopt the american lifestyle the world is doomed. :rolleyes:

i am sure you got your maths wrong.
american do not consume 90% of world resources.
that is crazy.

china do not need to adopt american lifestyle to kill us. India is next in line to kill us all.
the sea will have no more fish, the ground have not enough water, the fertile land will be reduced, no more cheap oil.

we are already doom.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mark my words..CHINA will soon be the largest car producer and consumers...and many other foreing brands that have not got JV in china will soon be driven into collapse or force to be sold to China companies...NOT STOPPABLE..number is king..china got 1.3 B ppl..a mere 30% middle class will ensure this scenario to happens..and their middle class is growing at 8 to 10%!!!!!!!!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mark my words..CHINA will soon be the largest car producer and consumers...and many other foreing brands that have not got JV in china will soon be driven into collapse or force to be sold to China companies...NOT STOPPABLE..number is king..china got 1.3 B ppl..a mere 30% middle class will ensure this scenario to happens..and their middle class is growing at 8 to 10%!!!!!!!!!

china now poor so the growth rate look very impressive.
but the closer it get to USA, the harder the growth.
there are massive problem for china in future.

whether china will be the next super power is still an unknown.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
china now poor so the growth rate look very impressive.
but the closer it get to USA, the harder the growth.
there are massive problem for china in future.

whether china will be the next super power is still an unknown.
bROTHER..cHINA HAS BEEN THE greatest world power for the last several thousand years until the later part of ching dynasty!!!!!!!
until then china account for more thanHALF the world gdp!!!!!during the Hans and Ching empire..china had more than 1 million full fledge military..while the great Roman empire cant even gather up to 300,000 soldiers...
MARK my words..china will overtake US in GDP within 20 years..supercede US in mil;itary in 30 years...equal or exceed US in space tech within 15 years..exceed US in science and tech within 15 years..
ALSO with the 3 others BRICK nation..US influence with be rendered on par with Russian, Brazil, India within 30 years..with China leading the PACT!

CHINA has the longest unbroken histury of recorded history for up to 8000 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU THONK SUCH A RACE,, INCLUDING THE INDIANS..will not exceed western power?????????
Think again.........