• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Fast Food Chain Burger is the BEST

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite a good choice, have tried it myself...I also like Wendy's...however my thread is limited to local chains only:wink:

Perhaps some local entrepreneur should take note though:smile:

Problem in Spore is the escalating costs. Only have to look at what happened to A&W. Even KFC & Burger Kings are struggling. Only MacD can succeed because of their logistics setup.

In Canada & US you have many mom & pop owned hamburger places which provide superior products. Family owned is always better, just like many family owned hawker stalls vs those franchised ones,

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was an interesting discussion on the possible reasosn why A&W failed in S'pore in an earlier thread...seems to be poor management beacuse the products are quite good...not sure about Burger King but I think KFC has always done quite well in S'pore, probably because the product is quite good and not much competition when it comes to fried chicken...at the end of the day I think it all boils down to good product, location and of course good management.
Problem in Spore is the escalating costs. Only have to look at what happened to A&W. Even KFC & Burger Kings are struggling. Only MacD can succeed because of their logistics setup.

In Canada & US you have many mom & pop owned hamburger places which provide superior products. Family owned is always better, just like many family owned hawker stalls vs those franchised ones,

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
A frn brought me to Mad Jack joint at Jln Kayu last month. Had their Blue Mountain Chicken Burger. And i thought its one of the better burgers around. But stil... my favourite is from BK.
!&!!

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are in the U.S. drop into "In-n-Out" burgers. Only 3 items on the menu. But they are the best as their patties are grilled instead of fried. Cheaper than McDonald's too!
Check it out.
http://www.in-n-out.com/menu.asp

yes thats the best burger i ever had, and the only one that i call a real burger.

everything feels so fresh.

pay up and wait for your number, most of the time is 15-30 mins which is not actually fast for fast food. But worth the waiting time.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was an interesting discussion on the possible reasosn why A&W failed in S'pore in an earlier thread...seems to be poor management beacuse the products are quite good...not sure about Burger King but I think KFC has always done quite well in S'pore, probably because the product is quite good and not much competition when it comes to fried chicken...at the end of the day I think it all boils down to good product, location and of course good management.

Even in Canada A&W was loosing out against MacD :( They had a superior product but costs more$$$. Still remember their foot long hotdog & Tuna Hamburger served on a sesame bun, both long gone from their menu.

The stuff they serve in their A&W branches in Indonesia & Malaysia is just not the same. I think in their attempt to compete with MacD they have had to cut back on what they put in their burgers.

KFC is having problems competing against MacD as chicken costs more. In Spore you can see the impact on the size of the chicken. So disappointing that I only ate at KFCs in Malaysia where they still use real plates.

I no longer eat in these fast food places. Its no longer appealing :rolleyes:

Correction, I still go to A&W for their root beers :smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The fast food branches of Komala are disappointing :(

I find the vegetarian restaurant along Syed Alwi Rd, opposite Mustaffa(old branch) better.

There is one branch in bangkok , sukumvit soi 12, if i remember if that is the soi. I had been there once. You got to walk all the way in. or take a tuk tuk.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one branch in bangkok , sukumvit soi 12, if i remember if that is the soi. I had been there once. You got to walk all the way in. or take a tuk tuk.

Didn't know Komala had gone international :smile:

Is it popular ? I know there are many thai Indians in bangkok but didn't see many vegetarian restaurants.