• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which city, the hawkers there treat spring onion as control item??

Which city, the hawkers there treat spring onion as control item??

• Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taipei

• Shanghai

• Singapore

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
One plate of chai tao kuay just sprinkle some spring onion on it. Simple as that. Why need to ask customer wanna put spring onion on it or not? Thats just like the PAP gahmen. Wanna micro manage every fucking thing! Why not ask customer wanna put egg in the chai tao kuay or not?? GNN. Why not ask people wanna put chendol in their chendol? Char kuay tiao wanna put bean sprout or not? Hokkien prawn mee wanna put sotong in it or not??

Fucking moronic this country.

KNN when people ask you just answer cannot ah? Make so much fuss for wat? You think you too big tauke to talk to hawker meh? Even some big tauke i know are friendly lot who can make conversation with the hawkers. That is where you develop relationship and the next time you visit the hawker again he'll probably treat you like a long-time customer.

You want to you can always eat your McDonald

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN when people ask you just answer cannot ah? Make so much fuss for wat? You think you too big tauke to talk to hawker meh? Even some big tauke i know are friendly lot who can make conversation with the hawkers. That is where you develop relationship and the next time you visit the hawker again he'll probably treat you like a long-time customer.

You want to you can always eat your McDonald

this is MICRO MANAGEMENT. YOU THINK THOSE HAWKER WANNA ASK THAT KIND OF QUESTION 'CAUSE THEY WANNA BUILD UP RAPPORT AND TAKE NOTE?? WAKE UP! THEY WANNA CUT COST THATS ALL!!!

IF THIS CARRY ON LIKE THIS, NEXT TIME I WONT BE SURPRISE THEY WILL BE ASKING WHETHER I WANT EGGS IN MY CHAR KWAY TIAO OR NOT!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are fucking bunch of apologist. Any kind of issue they just wanna jump in and find excuses!

Excueses excuses excuses!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food paradise my arse!

This is simple dish make it so complcated like some three course meal?? Chee bye, one plate of chai tao kuay just sprinkle some goddam spring onion onto it, so difficult? Still have to ask??

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just one example i brought up. There are many more such idiotic incident.

A bowl of laksa ask me wanna put laksa spice or not?? Chee bye only in a back water lung sai country, a country under the hakka dracula regime would the hawker ask those stupid quesitons!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not ask me chendol wanna put red bean or ah tump chee in it or not?? Some people don't like red bean or ah tump chee. MAKE ANY SENSE THIS KIND OF MICRO MANAGEMENT???

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Order a plate of steam fish, need to ask the customer wanna put some chilli to decorate the fish or not??? Cheebye, NEED TO ASK ME THAT? OF COURSE NOT. YOU PUT SOME CHILLI OR SOME LITTLE VEGE AT THE SIDE TO DECORATE THE CUISINE. MAKE IT NICE.

SAME LOGIC. A PLATE OF CHAI TAO KUAY, UNLESS THE CUSTOMER IS ONE FUCKING FUSSY CUSTOMER, OR ALLERGIC TO SPRING ONION, JUST FUCKING SPRINKLE SOME SPRING ONION ON IT!!! WHY ASK THE CUSTOMER???????? IF CUSTOMER FIND SPRING ONION REPULSIVE, THE HAWKER DON'T HAVE TO ASK, THE CUSTOMER WILL TELL THE HAWKER THEMSELVE!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not just chai tao kuay. Its EVERY FUCKING WHERE THE HAWKER HERE ARE MICRO MANAGING!

A BOWL OF PORK PORRIDGE, GOTTA ASK ME WANNA PUT SPRING ONION ON IT??? SINCE WHEN THIS IS COMMON PRACTICE LIAO?? PORK PORRIDGE, PI DANG ZHOU, CHICKEN PORRIDGE, DUCK PORRIDGE, JUST SPRINKLE SOME SPRING ONION ON IT! WHY MICRO MANAGE UNTIL LIKE THAT??? AND HAVE THE FUCKING CHEEK TO HARP THAT SINGAPORE IS ONE FOOD PARADISE?

GIAM CHEE SAI, TREATING SPRING ONION AS CONTROL ITEM TAT KIND OF PRACTICE AND ATTITUDE DARE TO TALK WAT FOOD PAAAARRRRAAAAADISE??!

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because I always stop them from putting spring onions If you want, you ask. What is wrong with that?

Its wrong to ask. Because chai tao kuay, porridge, fried oyster omelette, and many other chinese dishes, no need to ask the customer whether they want to have spring onion on it or not. Its wrong to ask whether the customer want to have spring onion or not. Just like its wrong to ask whether the customer want to have broccoli sitting beside the steak or not.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many things in this country is all wrong and yet sporeans don't know.

Keeping to one side of the escalator, so that some people in a hurry could move up the escalator. Let the passenger alight the mrt first, before getting into the train. IT IS SIMPLE, BASIC CIVIC MANNERS. IT SHOULD BE PRACTICE BY ANY DEVELOPED CITY. NO QUESTION NEED TO ASK ON THIS.

Chai tao kuay, porridge, etc, no need to ask customers wanna have spring onion or not. Its standard practice in hong kong, taipei, whatever city, to sprinkle some spring onion on those chinese dishes. NO NEED TO ASK THE CUSTOMERS!!!

WHEN HAWKERS IN OUR COUNTRY ASK CUSTOMERS WHETHER THEY WANT SPRING ONION ON THE CHAI TAO KUAY OR PORRIDGE, SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY!!!

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
This micro management by the hawkers in our country, micro management to the extend asking customers whether they wanna have spring onion on chai tao kuay or porridge,

that is the manifestation of PAP'S si bei giao, si bei stingy, ANAL RETENTIVE ATTITUDE!!!

Last edited:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is just one example i brought up. There are many more such idiotic incident.

A bowl of laksa ask me wanna put laksa spice or not?? Chee bye only in a back water lung sai country, a country under the hakka dracula regime would the hawker ask those stupid quesitons!

next time u buy mee siam they ask u 'want hum or mai hum' ...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This micro management by the hawkers in our country, micro management to the extend asking customers whether they wanna have spring onion on chai tao kuay or porridge,

that is the manifestation of PAP'S si bei giao, si bei stingy, ANAL RETENTIVE ATTITUDE!!!

what u mentioned abt anal retentive, kiamsiap, hakka dracula is true ... but don't u think there are some ppl (maybe kids) who don't want spring onion or brown fried onion bits ? some ppl i know don't like ikan bilis on their ban mian ...

better still - put the condiments within reach and let customers take as much as they want ... usually hawkers who do this are nice ppl too, like the famous teochew dumpling noodle hawker at bras basah complex food centre ...