• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which city, the hawkers there treat spring onion as control item??

Which city, the hawkers there treat spring onion as control item??

• Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taipei

• Shanghai

• Singapore

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nabei... gahmen everything oso wan 2 control... how much different r we from other communist country?
my ballz 2 them la... spring onions iz my favourite ok!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know, lots of ah gong ah ma, uncle auntie, papist love to brag about spore. How spore is a food paradise. But hor, how can Spore a food paradise if the hawker here, one simple plate of chai tao kway, they have to ask u wanna put spring onion or not???

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
One plate of chai tao kuay just sprinkle some spring onion on it. Simple as that. Why need to ask customer wanna put spring onion on it or not? Thats just like the PAP gahmen. Wanna micro manage every fucking thing! Why not ask customer wanna put egg in the chai tao kuay or not?? GNN. Why not ask people wanna put chendol in their chendol? Char kuay tiao wanna put bean sprout or not? Hokkien prawn mee wanna put sotong in it or not??

Fucking moronic this country.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why i like malay food?
bcoz its tasty...
bcoz 9 out of 10 cooked with passion...
bcoz dey cook like dey r cooking for their family...
dun be a hawker dats too business minded...
anyhow cook juz 2 make a living... :rolleyes:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
why i like malay food?
bcoz its tasty...

malay cook their food with passion meh? i don't know. i ganna quite a number of malay hawker going thru the motion, anyhow cook. some more slow.

i think not many sporean hawker cook with passion. most of them just going thru the motion. doesn't matter chinese, malay or indian.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sure or not? how can u be alwiz so unlucky? :rolleyes:
bio those kind looking malay aunties la...
go for syt cooks sure habis wan... :rolleyes:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not about who cook with a heart or not.

its more about micro management: many hawker stall nowadays go micro manage their ingredient. simple plate of chai tao kuay also have to ask customer wanna put spring onion on it or not.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
why i like malay food?
bcoz its tasty...

I agree with the tasty part but not the "business mind".

Today, Nasi Padang is at least $1 more expensive then ecomical rice. They are ahead of the price race!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some dishes, such as, steak, the service staff ask how would the customer want it? Rare, medium rare whatever. Those are legit questions to ask.

But u don't ask the customer do they want to have some broccoli at the side? Or say, does the customer want carrot sit beside the steak??

Asking the customer whether they want spring onion for the chai tao kuay is just as moronic a question to ask whether the customer want broccoli or carrot to sit beside the steak or not. U don't ask. U wanna put broccoli or carrot beside the steak just put. U wanna put spring onion on the chai tao kuay just put. NO NEED TO ASK. PLEASE DON'T MICRO MANAGE EVERY FUCKING THING.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a food paradise? Lung jiao okay?! A food paradise would not treat spring onion as control item. Only in a poor communist country would the hawker ask the customer whether he wanna sprinkle some spring onion onto the dish. Only in a lung sai country would the service staff ask the customer such silly question whether the customer wanna have spring onion on the chai tao kuay!

Spring onion as control item, it can only happen in a communist, fascist, backward, lung sai, or screw up country.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
me too sianz of this country and the way things are done here ... :confused:

remember how mcdonalds used to give 1 packet of chili & 1 miserable piece of serviette even when u bought lots of food from them ? crazy ... if u ask for more, they give u one more piece (ie. 2 pieces) ... some FT must have been shocked & complained ... now mcdonalds - help yourself to chili, serviette, straw, sugar, etc etc ...

sometimes things will improve when an FT complains ... sinkees are complacent (meek ?) & will not take the initiative to change things ...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
still remember last time mac, want to take curry sauce must buy mc-chicken. try to smoke the crew and you will get scolded for it.

come on what's the big deal about curry saurce? its just a saurce. if customer likes it with fries what's the big deal about giving it to them

took sinkie mac bloody donkeys of years to realise this

jw5

Loyal
You know, lots of ah gong ah ma, uncle auntie, papist love to brag about spore. How spore is a food paradise. But hor, how can Spore a food paradise if the hawker here, one simple plate of chai tao kway, they have to ask u wanna put spring onion or not???
Some people can't stand the taste or smell of spring onions, that's the reason why most of the hawkers ask. Same with chilli.
But if any hawker tries to save on the spring onion and refuses to put any even if you ask, the easiest way to deal with him is never to patronize his stall again.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sprinkle some spring onion on a plate of fried chai tao kuay or char kuay tiao, is pretty standard procedure for chinese cuisine. No need to ask.

Its like if i go macdonald, i order a fish burger, would the waiter ask me is it with cheese or without cheese? would they ask me? no. but some people cant stand the smell of the cheese. its about common sense. some dish u have to ask the customer whether they wanna put this and that on it. but some dishes, u just don't ask.

chai tao kuay or char kway tiao stall in Singapore just don't get it.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe is the trend now. Just like laksa- want cockles or not, Porridge - want egg or not,
very soon want towkae or not. Nowaday Singapore are very fussy, so these hawkers know better.