• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Where to buy bay lay ko and ting ting tak

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at that time they're all ghetto cheap candies made from sub-standard stuff. they won't sell to the larger global market. only some sinkies pine for them. biz cannot survive on nostalgia.

they sell like hotcakes in china,just because u have forgotten ur roots and forefather's face......all races have their sweets and confectionary like the indians with their sweets and milk balls and japs with their mochis and daifukus.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they sell like hotcakes in china,just because u have forgotten ur roots and forefather's face......all races have their sweets and confectionary like the indians with their sweets and milk balls and japs with their mochis and daifukus.

sg then was different. don't mind to have nonya kuehs or malay minahs but not cheena coolie candies. how many true blue sinkies are left in this world who pine for cheena coolie candies? new sinkie generation is now craving for elitist cakes, pastries, puffs, and breads.....downed with exquisite, exotic, exclusive coffee.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at that time they're all ghetto cheap candies made from sub-standard stuff. they won't sell to the larger global market. only some sinkies pine for them. biz cannot survive on nostalgia.

this cheap candies with right packaging could be the king of candies in modern days .
My parents should have asked me to understudy old man then wasting their money on my toilet paper certificates.

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh ..maybe it was dirty. I know the ting ting sound came from the double tap chisel. The tark sound no idea where it came from.

It's already in the image, see earlier image from makan sai - 'tark' is actually mis-pronounced 'tang' or sweet in mandarin.

You know in the 1960's they cannot properly speak the mandarin dialect, that is why so many funny Chinese names, especially mis-spelled surnames translated into English. "Tan' can become 'Tann', 'Tarn', 'Chen', 'Cheng', 'Tang', etc....Go look at daily obituaries and there will be plenty of examples.....

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's already in the image, see earlier image from makan sai - 'tark' is actually mis-pronounced 'tang' or sweet in mandarin.

You know in the 1960's they cannot properly speak the mandarin dialect, that is why so many funny Chinese names, especially mis-spelled surnames translated into English. "Tan' can become 'Tann', 'Tarn', 'Chen', 'Cheng', 'Tang', etc....Go look at daily obituaries and there will be plenty of examples.....

i need to explain a bit to clear the air. Else obituaries also come into the picture. Lol

At first I didn't know the sweet is known as ding ding tang .
I only heard the old man generating this sweet from my home and I heard the sound ting ting tak

After learning from bros the actual name is ding ding dang then I recall when the old man generate this sweet he will use chisel to hit 2x ting - this action is to cut the sweet into cubes. The tark sound initially I thought was also part of cutting process. But now I guess is just an extra sound the old man hit some metal grill etc to make people know that he is selling ding ding tang from far :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from china or plaza sing,i saw some ding ding candy at the basement.

i remember theres something called dragon's hair candy that i bought in malaysia,thats more interesting.

Is the candy u saw in plaza sing same as the pix by jia sai si one ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this cheap candies with right packaging could be the king of candies in modern days .
My parents should have asked me to understudy old man then wasting their money on my toilet paper certificates.

king of candies, can you believe it besides ogontoh, sakumashiki, and bontan ame in japan, is kitkat. they started the greentea version, now selling well in the u.s. the original home of kitkat. in sg, top candies are from 1st world cuntries. sinkies very atas and elitist, no 3rd world or cheena coolie candies. :p

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
king of candies, can you believe it besides ogontoh, sakumashiki, and bontan ame in japan, is kitkat. they started the greentea version, now selling well in the u.s. the original home of kitkat. in sg, top candies are from 1st world cuntries. sinkies very atas and elitist, no 3rd world or cheena coolie candies.

I will package it in atas way like your what soixante-neuf ...and sell at a premium price.
Similarly those motorbike pink cream ice cream taste better than hagen daz..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will package it in atas way like your what soixante-neuf ...and sell at a premium price.
Similarly those motorbike pink cream ice cream taste better than hagen daz..

yup, must use atas sounding names. for example, japs use "royce" as in rolls royce to sell their top tier chocolate. another top tier chocolate selling well in sg is laurent bernard, very french-belgium name. soixante-neuf is frenchie atas, and the logo and color must be atas too. best is to show tongues subtly licking each other's precious jewels like young sexy women licking their candies or chocolate.

image.jpg

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal

u can help him to make some with your sticky chocolatey secretion

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where to find old man selling
1. Bay lay ko . Sticky brown colored sweet rolled in a ice cream stick. Last time always can buy when got getai

2. Sweet flour like hard yellow brownish cube form with white flour spread on it
Old man used something to cut it and sound produced ting ting tark.

The old man die already lah.. So no more.