• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where the jobs are ...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes ppl here complain can't find jobs ...

i juz stumbled upon this freaking govt website www.vog.gov.sg ...

thot was the vegetarian society website or something, then realised vog is derived from gov ...

here are the numbers --

showing Job Title with # vacancy

Prison Officer - 21
Narcotics Officer - 30
ICA (ie. customs) - 590
Police Officer - 650
Gen Education (ie teacher) - 2200

vacancies for other admin/office jobs are just 1 or 2 vacancies ... even part time life guard, which i thot will have lots of vacancies is just 1 vacancy ... such part time jobs will allow working adults to take a 2nd job in the evenings to make ends meet, but its just 1 vacancy ...

so, now u know where the jobs are, lah ... but got to work midnight shifts & wear uniform, so if your friendly, or rather, unfriendly HDB neighbor starts renovating, u won't get any shut-eye during the day while u have to work overnight ...

so when Ah Loong said - jobs ! jobs ! jobs ! ... he didnt really renege on his promise lor ... these are jobs, what ...

Blue6

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's great news. Discounting the teaching job, the Government has 1,291 jobs for those in their late 30s and 40s who had either been retrenched or lost theirs to cheaper FT labour. Age is not a problem hopefully. That's it! Problem solved, there should contentment and gratitude.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually the teaching jobs are better suited to those with mid career change; uncles & aunties can also try out the police officer/narcotics officer jobs lah, provided they don't have - presbyopia, cataracts, arthritis, high blood pressure, insomnia, weak bladder etc, and can run/react as fast as a 20 year old, sure, no problem go be mata ...

realistic ?

anyway i was shocked ... 650 vacancies for police, says alot about the performance/availability of our men-in-blue ... very soon security (something that singapore still prides itself on) will go downhill ... :eek:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometimes ppl here complain can't find jobs ...

i juz stumbled upon this freaking govt website www.vog.gov.sg ...

thot was the vegetarian society website or something, then realised vog is derived from gov ...

here are the numbers --

showing Job Title with # vacancy

Prison Officer - 21
Narcotics Officer - 30
ICA (ie. customs) - 590
Police Officer - 650
Gen Education (ie teacher) - 2200

vacancies for other admin/office jobs are just 1 or 2 vacancies ... even part time life guard, which i thot will have lots of vacancies is just 1 vacancy ... such part time jobs will allow working adults to take a 2nd job in the evenings to make ends meet, but its just 1 vacancy ...

so, now u know where the jobs are, lah ... but got to work midnight shifts & wear uniform, so if your friendly, or rather, unfriendly HDB neighbor starts renovating, u won't get any shut-eye during the day while u have to work overnight ...

so when Ah Loong said - jobs ! jobs ! jobs ! ... he didnt really renege on his promise lor ... these are jobs, what ...

Donch be silly. Even these jobs have been reserved for FTrash. U can try applying for them if u donch believer!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually the teaching jobs are better suited to those with mid career change; uncles & aunties can also try out the police officer/narcotics officer jobs lah, provided they don't have - presbyopia, cataracts, arthritis, high blood pressure, insomnia, weak bladder etc, and can run/react as fast as a 20 year old, sure, no problem go be mata ...

realistic ?

anyway i was shocked ... 650 vacancies for police, says alot about the performance/availability of our men-in-blue ... very soon security (something that singapore still prides itself on) will go downhill ... :eek:

If the Familee imports less trash, would there be a need for more poodles? In any case, there'll never be enuff poodles to go around cos their career advancement prospect lie in nailing down CSJ and co. - and not solving real crimes!

Blue6

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps your confidence will be further boosted if they announce that each PAP MP will have an armed security officer assigned to them on a rotating 8 hour shift? That will come to 3 x 1 Police officer x how many PAP MPs?