• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's with the fucking anti TJS posts?

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have seen a lot of anti TJS posts lately, mostly in the line "fuck TJS, you screwed up TCB chances of winning".

If these people are true anti-PAP supporters, maybe they accidentally banged their head on the wall.

Ok, so let's say TCB won and TT did not, so fucking what? Wake the hell up people... TCB is a PAPpy like TT. TCB already said he will be Prataman Version 2 - see no evil, hear no evil, don't give a fuck. So what makes TCB better than Prataman? If you are a true anti-PAP supporter, you'll realize that the only option is TJS and TKL, and with TKL and his alleged attitude problem and bastard character (whether true or not nobody knows), TJS is the only viable option.

Seriously... get some fucking perspective before you guys starting blaming people left, right and center. If you want to cast blame, should target the arrogant prick TKL, whose votes would have gone to TJS if he was not there, and those idiot spoilt voters.

"TJS is just an political opportunist. He came on to the political scene only in February 2011. he has no meaningful political agenda and has shown that he will ride on any opportunity that comes along. his economical ideas are elementary and basically Keynesian. it also sounds like child's play. reminds me of the time when george bush JRs told the world that he was going to bring democracy and free elections to Iraq by sending in the US army in 2003.

you think he is going to be like OTC or better when he is already telling people the night he lost that he is not confrontational and if he had three months, he would convince ppl that he can work with the govt?

he can't even win in the GE and did not even come close but suddenly, he is good enough to be a president three months later.

his greatest sin in PE 2011 is to suck up the hardcore oppo or "I-vote-a cockroach-than-a-Pappy" votes like yours and deny these to the candidate who has any realistic chance of beating TT. at the end of the day, it is sad that the hardcore oppo camp acts and thinks like suicide bombers trying to push their own candidate forward even though he has no political track record (not to mention experience on thebig stage), has lost at the GE and has no realistic chances of winning rather than trying to compromise with someone who may win because he may garner and split the vote in the PAP camp, can be a viable head of state and someone who will further polarise our country into two. this is not a sign of a maturing or matured democracy.

TJS is not a viable option. He represents the kind of danger that we must watch out for in the near future- as the electorate turns away from the PAP, it must be mature enough to distinguish viable candidates rather than just blindly follow any candidate not from the ruling party.

between him and TKL, he bears th greater blame that TT won. TKL was always going to peripheral from day one. The real fight was between TCB and TT. Why does TJS has to step in so late into a fight? just to deny TKL the hardcore oppo votes.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
"TJS is just an political opportunist. He came on to the political scene only in February 2011. he has no meaningful political agenda and has shown that he will ride on any opportunity that comes along. his economical ideas are elementary and basically Keynesian. it also sounds like child's play. reminds me of the time when george bush JRs told the world that he was going to bring democracy and free elections to Iraq by sending in the US army in 2003.

you think he is going to be like OTC or better when he is already telling people the night he lost that he is not confrontational and if he had three months, he would convince ppl that he can work with the govt?

he can't even win in the GE and did not even come close but suddenly, he is good enough to be a president three months later.

his greatest sin in PE 2011 is to suck up the hardcore oppo or "I-vote-a cockroach-than-a-Pappy" votes like yours and deny these to the candidate who has any realistic chance of beating TT. at the end of the day, it is sad that the hardcore oppo camp acts and thinks like suicide bombers trying to push their own candidate forward even though he has no political track record (not to mention experience on thebig stage), has lost at the GE and has no realistic chances of winning rather than trying to compromise with someone who may win because he may garner and split the vote in the PAP camp, can be a viable head of state and someone who will further polarise our country into two.
this is not a sign of a maturing or matured democracy.

TJS is not a viable option. He represents the kind of danger that we must watch out for in the near future- as the electorate turns away from the PAP, it must be mature enough to distinguish viable candidates rather than just blindly follow any candidate not from the ruling party.

between him and TKL, he bears th greater blame that TT won. TKL was always going to peripheral from day one. The real fight was between TCB and TT. Why does TJS has to step in so late into a fight? just to deny TKL the hardcore oppo votes. [/I]

NS is collateral damage

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS is just an political opportunist. He came on to the political scene only in February 2011. he has no meaningful political agenda and has shown that he will ride on any opportunity that comes along.

his greatest sin in PE 2011 is to suck up the hardcore oppo or "I-vote-a cockroach-than-a-Pappy" votes like yours and deny these to the candidate who has any realistic chance of beating TT.

between him and TKL, he bears th greater blame that TT won. TKL was always going to peripheral from day one. The real fight was between TCB and TT. Why does TJS has to step in so late into a fight? just to deny TKL the hardcore oppo votes. [/I]

Absolutely agree with the analysis.

The distaste with TJS candidature is made worse by the fact that he and Ang Yong Guan was coached by TCB for GE2011. He even had to cheek to offer his help with TCB's campaign when it was first announced. To me, his betrayal stinks. He lacks the character to go far in his political career.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal

his greatest sin in PE 2011 is to suck up the hardcore oppo or "I-vote-a cockroach-than-a-Pappy" votes like yours and deny these to the candidate who has any realistic chance of beating TT. at the end of the day, it is sad that the hardcore oppo camp acts and thinks like suicide bombers trying to push their own candidate forward even though he has no political track record (not to mention experience on thebig stage), has lost at the GE and has no realistic chances of winning rather than trying to compromise with someone who may win because he may garner and split the vote in the PAP camp, can be a viable head of state and someone who will further polarise our country into two. this is not a sign of a maturing or matured democracy.

Well said!

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does TJS has to step in so late into a fight?

It is called "democracy". Anyone who qualifies is free to contest.

It is the same democracy that those who now rant and rave and pluck reasons and excuses from their arses and the thin air instead of blaming themselves and their preferred candidate's performance would have wholeheartedly embraced had the candidate of their choice won.

Do read my posting on the Indonesian election where Susilo Bambang won 60.8% in a three-corner Presidential Election fight.

Last edited:

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

You don't get it, do you? HE DOESN'T QUALIFY. That is the reason why we begrudge him for taking part in the race. If he does qualify, then by all means he is free to decide what he wants to do, that is democracy at work and we will accept the results even if our preferred candidate loses.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I have to see Tanco Tan face on the walls of every government department I walk into.

Don't forget to pledge your allegiance to President Tony.

The SAF Pledge

We, Members of the Singapore Armed Forces,
do solemnly and sincerely pledge that:

We will always bear true faith and allegiance to the
President
and the Republic of Singapore.

We will always support and defend the
Constitution.

We will preserve and protect the honour and independence
of our country with our lives.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is the same democracy that those who now rant and rave and pluck reasons and excuses from their arses and the thin air instead of blaming themselves and their preferred candidate's performance would have wholeheartedly embraced had the candidate of their choice won.

Do read my posting on the Indonesian election where Susilo Bambang won 60.8% in a three-corner Presidential Election fight.

my question to you dear sir; if a cockroach qualifies for the PE 2011, would you have voted for it?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't get it, do you? HE DOESN'T QUALIFY. That is the reason why we begrudge him for taking part in the race. If he does qualify, then by all means he is free to decide what he wants to do, that is democracy at work and we will accept the results even if our preferred candidate loses.

That's for the PEC to decide and let's be honest, that's not the reason you begrudge him for taking part.

If the candidate of your choice had won, we wouldn't be seeing all these "begrudging" and gnashing of teeth.

If the candidate of your choice had won, he can and will win the elections on his own steam just like what Bambang did.

He should be good enough to win enough to get him across the line. He should be good enough to convince and win over the 2% who spoilt their votes rather than vote any of the candidates including him. That would have secured him the Presidency.

Then, we won't have to bear witness to this ugly spectacle of his supporters transforming into ugly sore losers, gnashing their teeth, fuming and foaming at the mouth and blaming anyone and everyone except themselves and their candidate's poor and lacklustre campaign.

Let's face it. Cheng Bock's campaign was poorly executed. As his personal friend, I will tell him this when we next meet up in the next fortnight or so.

This is what I posted in another thread.

In the 2009 Indonesian Presidential election, 3 sets of candidates (a pair consisting of a President and Vice-President contestant) stood and ran for office.

The Indonesian electoral system requires a run-off involving the top two winners after the first round is held. This run-off was not held as it was not required. This was because Bambang won more than 60.8% in the first round alone over Megawati (26.70%) and Jusuf Kalla (12.41%).

So all this blame game is nothing but rubbish from those who are sore that their candidate of choice did not win. No point ranting and raving and blaming anyone and everyone.

If none of the four candidates can persuade the required numbers amongst a miniscule base of 2.2 million voters - unlike Bambang who had to persuade 60.8% from a base of 121 million plus voters - to cross the line for a convincing win or even to be the best "loser" (all 4 secured below 50%) like what Bambang did for the 2009 Indonesian election, then they and their supporters only have themselves to blame.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
my question to you dear sir; if a cockroach qualifies for the PE 2011, would you have voted for it?

You see TJS as a "cockcroach" and it is your perogative to do so. I don't.

My advice to TCB's supporters is to calm down, step back, take a deep breath and relax.

Knowing Cheng Bock, I assure you he will not be too please with this rabid conduct of those who supported, wanted and voted him as their choice of President.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, TJS is not to be blamed. He took the hard core anti PAP votes as they had hoped. It was TKL who threw the spanner into the works.
If he had withdrew as advised those 100 000 plus votes would have gone to TCB or TJS.
Over the next few days when people have calmed down TKL will be condemned by "many people".

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
You see TJS as a "cockcroach" and it is your perogative to do so. I don't.

My advice to TCB's supporters is to calm down, step back, take a deep breath and relax.

Knowing Cheng Bock, I assure you he will not be too please with this rabid conduct of those who supported, wanted and voted him as their choice of President.

where and when did i say TJS is a cockroach? calm down, step back, tke a deep breath and relax.

i am asking a very simple question or do you already know that your answer would be logic-defying and incredible. you would vote a cockroach rather than anyone who has anything to do with the PAP as well?

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, TJS is not to be blamed. He took the hard core anti PAP votes as they had hoped. It was TKL who threw the spanner into the works.
If he had withdrew as advised those 100 000 plus votes would have gone to TCB or TJS.
Over the next few days when people have calmed down TKL will be condemned by "many people".

pls ask yourself this question and answer with your conscience:

before february 2011, was TJS a hard core, anti-PAP person?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
where and when did i say TJS is a cockroach? calm down, step back, tke a deep breath and relax.

i am asking a very simple question or do you already know that your answer would be logic-defying and incredible. you would vote a cockroach rather than anyone who has anything to do with the PAP as well?

It's obvious you didn't vote for TJS and it is your right not to. You also alluded that one should not vote for a "cockroach".

So who was the "cockcroach" out of this four? Surely you must be alluding to one of these four in the context of this PE and what you posted.

Never mind about the answer. Just think about it.

Cheers, Bro.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's obvious you didn't vote for TJS and it is your right not to. You also alluded that one should not vote for a "cockroach".

So who was the "cockcroach" out of this four? Surely you must be alluding to one of these four in the context of this PE and what you posted.

Never mind about the answer. Just think about it.

Cheers, Bro.

i did not say the cockroach was one of the four. when did i even suggest that? were you gonna to suggest one of them was a cockroach? that is libellious.

Or let me put it this way; if a cockroach stands against a candidate who has some links with the PAP in the PE 2011, you are one of those who would have voted for it regardless of logic and what is right and good for the country.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
if there are any opinion poll or clear signs before polling day that TCB and TT are neck on neck in the race, I might vote for TCB instead of TSJ.

no opinion poll make tactical voting very difficult in less obvious circumstances.

I perceived gloom and doom as soon as the 4 candidates were confimed. It would be business as usual. PAP will perceive that the electorate can stomach some more suffering in exchange for some perceived stability. I marvel at the brains that hatch this strategy if it was hatched. More so that it includes elements of vanity and greed that prevented candidates from withdrawing from the race.