• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What would you expect from a Stemaboat Resturant ?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
y ud want rectangular tables 4 8? ... round table no goot, meh? ...

somehow the turn over rate is higher when the tables are rectangular, so if YellowRibbon wants to make money out of this venture, rectangular tables it shall be.
can spare some round tables for bros of SBF though :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal
somehow the turn over rate is higher when the tables are rectangular, so if YellowRibbon wants to make money out of this venture, rectangular tables it shall be.

why round tables for sbf bros? more difficult to fight isit? :p

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got one of my friend suggest i also sell beer.

But my concern is beer profitable ? Cos need additional liqour license and also worry that customers drink beer slowly and dont want to leave the table.

But then beer makes you full easily ? Make your stomach bloat so u cant eat anymore

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rectangular tables, you can seat more people but aircon must be strong so must the fire which must be controllable.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Rectangular tables, you can seat more people but aircon must be strong so must the fire which must be controllable.

hence the recommendation for rectangular tables with good air con and electric stoves :p:p:p

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one famous fish steamboat that operates from Whampoa market. Owner is able to offer his makan at lower cost simply because of lower rental. Best of all, owner has close to 80-100 tables available for his customers. Hawker stalls here close before dinner, with the exception of 3 or 4 stalls which include Loy Kee. Parking also no problem. Many factors needed to succeed.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one famous fish steamboat that operates from Whampoa market. Owner is able to offer his makan at lower cost simply because of lower rental. Best of all, owner has close to 80-100 tables available for his customers. Hawker stalls here close before dinner, with the exception of 3 or 4 stalls which include Loy Kee. Parking also no problem. Many factors needed to succeed.

Agree, many factors needed for makan biz to be successful, 1 or 2 factor alone can kill the biz. E.g. Hawker Centre upgrading, Carpark upgrading.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree, many factors needed for makan biz to be successful, 1 or 2 factor alone can kill the biz. E.g. Hawker Centre upgrading, Carpark upgrading.

I makan fish steamboat very often. Whampoa Keng along Balestier and Rangoon quite expensive compared to the rest.

The one at the end of Upp S'goon Rd (exit to PIE Jurong) has reasonable pricing. Same for the two fish steamboat makan place along Jln Sultan.

The cheapest and best remains the one at Whampoa market. I suspect the low rental costs helps in keeping its price low. They are also able to accommodate many customers (volume).

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one at the end of Upp S'goon Rd (exit to PIE Jurong) has reasonable pricing. Same for the two fish steamboat makan place along Jln Sultan.

tian wai tian, aka sky outside sky?

do u know there are branches for this establishment, one is at amk st 22, a coffeeshop near the market and another branch at veerasamy estate. but i not sure standard sama sama or not.

this main branch at the upper serangoon and macpherson junction beri crowded, parking also a bit difficult. i never went there since LTA started digging and never stop few years ago.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think what Scroobal said is quite true. Bro YR is worrying too much on those unnecessary things. Sinkies are suckers for good food. As long as people hear that is good, they will travel all the way and queue.

My advice is, when looking for a master chef, don't overlook the spending power of those PRCs. Besides Sinkies, the ah Tiongs will be a good source of customers for you.

The sauces to dip the food is very important. Give people a wide variety and you will have more customers.

As for me, do throw in a nice potong ice cream at the end of the day. I miss the good old days $10 hotspot at Marina South. Fly kite first, then go eat steamboat. After steamboat, enjoy the free potong ice cream and take a walk to enjoy the sea. Then my girl will give me a an ice cream :biggrin:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you try the one at Tampines round market? They use charcoal for the steamboat. Not bad.

The old 7storey hotel near Bugis also had a good charcoal steamboat last time, don't know if it's still around or not, that one can sit outside & get evening breeze blow like in the old days! I think charcoal is best becos got atmosphere & the smell is better, the second is Korean BBQ Steamboat, best of both worlds.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss the old marina south Buffet...$12 per person if i remember correctly...So many people...Free Ice-cream....Damn...Good old days !

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss the old marina south Buffet...$12 per person if i remember correctly...So many people...Free Ice-cream....Damn...Good old days !

Yes i know, one time i came back from overseas posting & missed seafood so much, i just filled up my plate with prawns, the people who ran the stall wasn't very happy when he saw that:eek: what happen to them, does anyone know where's a good place to makan Korean BBQ Steamboat these days? Kum Sia.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes i know, one time i came back from overseas posting & missed seafood so much, i just filled up my plate with prawns, the people who ran the stall wasn't very happy when he saw that:eek: what happen to them, does anyone know where's a good place to makan Korean BBQ Steamboat these days? Kum Sia.

Chinatown oriental plaza. You'll see lotsa PRC frequent that joint but its open by Korean. Quite cheap and its not bad. The Korean manager is a young chick who loves to wear transparent blouse. The last time I was there, she was wearing transparent white blouse with half cup bra :biggrin:

Knn, I was trying so hard not to rape her in my head :o