• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is wrong with our Mediacorp?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nr_CJL1YQRc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

airwolf.jpg
airwolf0.jpg

wow! really miss this show!!! last time show music more unique! :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you guys noticed, CH5 and CH8 are showing repeated holidays moveis which is decades ago again and again for the next few days. What is wrong with them? Becoming from bad to worse. Thought of staying at home and chill for the week, seems like Im changing my mind.

Again, they can only imitate and copy what other countries are doing. Many free to air TV stations are re-cycling old movies to make you switch to pay TV. Rip off country like Australia is famous for this.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bWZJ-U6NSKk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Back then I was very busy at work & missed the Golden Age of mediacorp:biggrin:

I miss"ed" VR man :smile: Another classic I missed was Masters of the Sea :eek:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
MediaCorpse only know how to repeat and repeat ..and recycle and recyle the same old movies many many many times.Have u Wonder why we pay TV licence fee $110.00 per year for what ?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
MediaCorpse only know how to repeat and repeat ..and recycle and recyle the same old movies many many many times.Have u Wonder why we pay TV licence fee $110.00 per year for what ?

Do you know how many fat cats in Mediacorps that needs to be fed?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know how many fat cats in Mediacorps that needs to be fed?

guys! just to share something. but not too sure the info still valid. TV stn when buying TV series and/or movies, usually those show can only air 2 times due to the copyrights or maybe its subject to contract also.

but for mediacorpse, its like keep on repeating the same few show. that means they are paying more to repeat those few show? isn't it waste of money? if they are really repeating those old classic nevermind, but show like "independence day" at least got 10 times! they want to convert us into americans and start singing The Star-Spangled Banner?????

i dont mind watching some classic old shows from 70s and 80s. maybe they should have a slot for all those old classic shows, then keep on repeating "independence day"!!!! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys! just to share something. but not too sure the info still valid. TV stn when buying TV series and/or movies, usually those show can only air 2 times due to the copyrights or maybe its subject to contract also.

but for mediacorpse, its like keep on repeating the same few show. that means they are paying more to repeat those few show? isn't it waste of money? if they are really repeating those old classic nevermind, but show like "independence day" at least got 10 times! they want to convert us into americans and start singing The Star-Spangled Banner?????

i dont mind watching some classic old shows from 70s and 80s. maybe they should have a slot for all those old classic shows, then keep on repeating "independence day"!!!! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

alot , amagedon coming also.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bronson was in the Magnificent Seven and Sutherland was in Ordinary People.
In fact, there are many great actors common to those great movies. De Niro, Pacino, Redford, Newman, McQueen, Bronson, Sutherland, etc.

These days, who are the stars? Keeanu Reeves, Jay Chou, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise. Blah! :biggrin:

I think Tom Cruise was actually not bad in Interview With A Vampire, Mission Impossible (I), The Last Samurai and Collateral. Brad Pitt is as handsome but not as good, acting wise. Collateral as a movie was only let down by an ridiculous plot, who the hell an assassin who hire a taxi and dump a body on the taxi roof to let the driver know everything?

My all-time favourite is Clint Eastwood at his matured peak, Unforgiven and In The Line Of Fire. After that he grew even older and went downhill, naturally and understandably of course. But these two masterpieces made his day, especially with help from Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman, Richard Harris and John Malkovich. Masterpieces worthy of a legend.

jw5

Loyal
I think Tom Cruise was actually not bad in Interview With A Vampire, Mission Impossible (I), The Last Samurai and Collateral. Brad Pitt is as handsome but not as good, acting wise. Collateral as a movie was only let down by an ridiculous plot, who the hell an assassin who hire a taxi and dump a body on the taxi roof to let the driver know everything?

My all-time favourite is Clint Eastwood at his matured peak, Unforgiven and In The Line Of Fire. After that he grew even older and went downhill, naturally and understandably of course. But these two masterpieces made his day, especially with help from Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman, Richard Harris and John Malkovich. Masterpieces worthy of a legend.
Imo, Tom Cruise is only good in movies with plenty of special effects or action scenes. When the movie depends on his acting, it doesn't work.

Clint has become a greater director than actor, he was never really rated highly when he acted in cowboy films like The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
Morgan Freeman was excellent in Shawshank and Gene Hackman was excellent in The French Connection.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imo, Tom Cruise is only good in movies with plenty of special effects or action scenes. When the movie depends on his acting, it doesn't work.

Clint has become a greater director than actor, he was never really rated highly when he acted in cowboy films like The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
Morgan Freeman was excellent in Shawshank and Gene Hackman was excellent in The French Connection.

I thought Gene Hackman was excellent in The Birdcage. :o

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you guys noticed, CH5 and CH8 are showing repeated holidays moveis which is decades ago again and again for the next few days. What is wrong with them? Becoming from bad to worse. Thought of staying at home and chill for the week, seems like Im changing my mind.

This already happened for years..

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's been a long time since they repeated The Godfather I & II, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino and Robert Di Niro at their best, though Al Pacino wasn't that good in The Godfather III.

D

Dian Wei

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

They were never good to start with. Recycling is the IN thing.