• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What if it is the other way round?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Perkasa's Chinese New Year "white packet" faux pas is a learning experience in race relations, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

Najib, in his Chinese language Facebook (www.facebook.com/ahjibgor) posting, said the incident had served as an eye-opener. He said it could have been avoided with a better understanding of Chinese culture and taboos.

Najib was responding to the uproar within the Malaysian Internet community, unhappy with the ang pow packets in white used at Perkasa's Chinese New Year gathering on Sunday.

The action was deemed insensitive to the Chinese as white packets were usually reserved for funerals.

Najib wrote: "The controversy over the white packets handed out during Perkasa's Chinese New Year open house could have been avoided if we had a deeper understanding and more sensitivity to the cultural taboos of the Chinese.

"Everybody knows ang pow packets are red in colour and it can't be replaced with any other colour.

"This incident is a learning experience," he said in his posting on Monday night.

Najib also wrote: "Ibrahim Ali is an independent MP. As such, the Chinese New Year function where white ang pow packets were distributed, should not be seen as something condoned by the government."

Datuk Ibrahim Ali, who is Perkasa president and member of parliament for Pasir Mas, had handed out the white ang pow packets at the gathering.

Perkasa deputy president Datuk Abdul Rahman Bakar later explained that due to the large turnout at their open house in Kampung Baru here, the red ang pow packets had run out and white envelopes were used.

Najib's facebook message drew mixed responses, with many expressing disbelief that Ibrahim, a veteran politician, did not know that ang pow packets should be red in colour.

Some asked for a public apology while others called for action to be taken against Ibrahim.

Perkasa's first Chinese New Year open house was attended by more than 400 Chinese guests, including senior citizens.

Najib's Chinese facebook page went online on Jan 16 and has gained over 21,000 followers.

Think_PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIW Ghost In White should get this: - WHITE hong bao

884ded9be9934e700c238080b52ff2f1.jpg

Perfectly matched their party color! Huat Ah!

White Shirt White Pants White Bra White Underwear White Hong Bao?:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sum times, dose burgers do tings on purpose 1 ... there's sum dark messages in older petronas cny ads oso, if u observe ...

iz eziest 2 act innocent n fiegn ignorance later ... muz noe ze background of ze character involved ...

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Who the fuck cares about what colour the wrapping is as long as the money's real.:rolleyes: This confirms my belief that the Chinese are real morons.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the fuck cares about what colour the wrapping is as long as the money's real.:rolleyes: This confirms my belief that the Chinese are real morons.

You're a real self-confessed moron to confess to realizing that so late in life. At least, I'm well ahead long ago. :biggrin:

condom_loong

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you are saying would be true if you were paying prostitutes with that. Because it was a festive season's custom and good will, so the money is only a minor part of the gesture.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who the fuck cares about what colour the wrapping is as long as the money's real ...
4 u, u shud oso quikly open ze packet n cheq how much u get rite in front of dose who gif u ... turn ur face sooty if iz not up 2 ur expectations ... :rolleyes:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's have a look at other white trash customs...

Carving a face out of a pumpkin during Halloween for instance.... Is this not silly?

11_39_8---Halloween-Pumpkin_web.jpg

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, for you to say this, I guess youre not Chinese.

Anyway, these Malays up north are a sensitive bunch of idiots who fail to understand many things except themselves.

It may be the "custom" but it's a stupid one adopted by stupid people.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Let's have a look at other white trash customs...

Carving a face out of a pumpkin during Halloween for instance.... Is this not silly?

You bet it's silly. It's even more moronic than red packets. I feel like smashing the pumpkin over someone's head.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because colours don't matter. It's the actions that count.

I am pretty sure you will get quite a few frowns if you turn up at an angmo funeral dressed in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and slippers. The problem here is that money in white packets signify something else, there may not be much of a fuss if money in white packets hold no significance.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Dont give his already fertile mind more ideas. This guy will actually do it. :o

I am pretty sure you will get quite a few frowns if you turn up at an angmo funeral dressed in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and slippers. QUOTE]

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're a real self-confessed moron to confess to realizing that so late in life. At least, I'm well ahead long ago. :biggrin:

fuck you la, you are a damn loser in life. get the hell out of singapore. and i hope all your family members die in accidents.