• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What I really think of LKY?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was SINgapore a fishing villiage in 1819? were you around??? NANTAH was built with the contribution from the blood Sweat & tears of many the Chinese working class...my parents generation are very angry that it was closed down, they can never forgive that act..what do you know about Naval Base after the British withdrew from Suez canal??..It is the people who worked hard to build this city into a Nation..not just only a leader...

I think thats my point. Singaporeans played a part too, and Singapore wasnt it the dumps as they claimed.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think he is a hypocrite. "jiak aneh lao liao, still let his cronies hai lang"

He was humble when Singapore was poor but turned greedy when we became a developing country. Eventually he was corrupted by power after controlling msm, court and passing many unconstitutional bills to favour his own party. Today, he became insane with his family wealth by putting his son as PM and his daugher in law as chairman of Temasek and him sitting in GIC. Singaporeans have never been so screwed by the fakeness of one man and his family.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think thats my point. Singaporeans played a part too, and Singapore wasnt it the dumps as they claimed.

SINgapore was in the dumps, the future was bleak, when the British withdrew from here, Malaysia could never be our hinterland anymore, Indonesia , Philippines were a threat, then there was the 'domino' principle of the communist SEA states...My point is LKY played a part in this, but he wasn't the only one should be taking the entire glory..with the hard working, willing people of SINgapore, through their Blood, Sweat & Tears Efforts, we made it..or we would still be a 21st Century, fishing villages & farms & urban slums..with sporadic development...

It wasn't the effort of ONE man...but many, that is my point..we built this city & country!!:p LKY is great is due to his people..

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A brilliant individual, a visionary and gifted with superior logic. With these attributes he more than anyone shaped the country and its people. He controlled the space and the people who wanted to play in that space. He set the rules and changed it when it suited him. He did not see or accept boundaries but expected it of others. With that superior logic, he cajoled, argued, influenced and persuaded people in and out of the country to see his way. And most did. Where they did not, they paid a heavy price. In time he could not distinguish the country from himself and himself from the country. He genuinely thought they were one and the same. And the people mattered little if any.

In all these, one thing he never forgot and it remains to this day his most prominent characteristic - looking after his family. For a man who waged a war on corruption and made it a Singapore trait he chose to be blind to nepotism, frequently couching it as meritocracy and exacting a toll on others who disputed him. He did not understand or cared that his family were given roles and accesses beyond their right and their capability. He saw no wrong and his superior logic which was used to convince others was used by him to convince himself that he was right.

Despite his contribution to the nation that we grudgingly admit, his legacy will be one based on fear and intimidation, circumventing the spirit of the law, making a mockery of democracy and abusing the word "meritocracy". He spent the first 25 years building a nation and the next 25 years seeing it fall apart in spirit and as a nation. It will continue as an economy and it will continue to be model of efficiency and innovative public policy management but not as nation but as SIngapore Inc. The best road, the best sewerage systems, the most efficient land use, the best gardens, first rate medical expertise, high hygiene, the world best airport, the largest seaport and many more but it is a personal and family journey as he has asked the rest of us to get off a long time ago.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think he's one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen.

Without him, Singapore would still be a fishing village.

Smear of shit on sole of shoe also think that without him the sun will not rise in the East.
Rains will not fall and flowers will not open.

That sinkies must remain head down down down with their kids and parents and grandparents with arseholes up high high to be
screwed and fucked and screwed by maggots in white aided by civil serpents and kangaroos of hundreds of billions into LKY Stinkapore sovereign funds

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
A brilliant individual, a visionary and gifted with superior logic. With these attributes he more than anyone shaped the country and its people. He controlled the space and the people who wanted to play in that space. He set the rules and changed it when it suited him. He did not see or accept boundaries but expected it of others. With that superior logic, he cajoled, argued, influenced and persuaded people in and out of the country to see his way. And most did. Where they did not, they paid a heavy price. In time he could not distinguish the country from himself and himself from the country. He genuinely thought they were one and the same. And the people mattered little if any.

In all these, one thing he never forgot and it remains to this day his most prominent characteristic - looking after his family. For a man who waged a war on corruption and made it a Singapore trait he chose to be blind to nepotism, frequently couching it as meritocracy and exacting a toll on others who disputed him. He did not understand or cared that his family were given roles and accesses beyond their right and their capability. He saw no wrong and his superior logic which was used to convince others was used by him to convince himself that he was right.

Despite his contribution to the nation that we grudgingly admit, his legacy will be one based on fear and intimidation, circumventing the spirit of the law, making a mockery of democracy and abusing the word "meritocracy". He spent the first 25 years building a nation and the next 25 years seeing it fall apart in spirit and as a nation. It will continue as an economy and it will continue to be model of efficiency and innovative public policy management but not as nation but as SIngapore Inc. The best road, the best sewerage systems, the most efficient land use, the best gardens, first rate medical expertise, high hygiene, the world best airport, the largest seaport and many more but it is a personal and family journey as he has asked the rest of us to get off a long time ago.

Whatever else you have wrote in the past, this perhaps is the most concise and accurate account of this foolish wasted life. Thank you.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exceptional man.......
Devised and still running the biggest PONZI in the world......Madoff can suck thumb one corner.
Enrich himself while in office, possibly the richest man in Asia and beyond.....marcos, suharto eat your hearts out.
Train and control few million peasants machiam his loyal pets.........North Korean leader can learn a thing or two from him.
The only true absolute monarchy in the world........Sultan of brunei also must take backseat.