• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do Singaporeans think about Malaysians?

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Koh Chin Siong
, Singaporean who lived in Malaysia

As a Singaporean working in msia, with friends and family in Singapore, I feel that many Singaporeans actually feel quite superior to Malaysians.

This is because:
  • SGD is 3 times RM now, so that means even normal professionals working the same job scope feel 3 times richer
  • Many Malaysians don't speak English very well
  • Malaysia infrastructure and government still lag behind Singapore by decades
But they mistakenly assume because of this, Malaysians must be less intelligent or capable than them.

In fact, precisely because Malaysians cannot rely on their government, I find them far more proactive and resourceful than Singaporeans.

Also, Singaporeans have a tendency to confuse knowing a lot of information with being knowledgeable.

A lot of their information, particularly related to Malaysia, tends to be wrong, but they think because they learn it from the “authorities”, it must be true.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-Singaporeans-think-about-Malaysians

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Koh Chin Siong
, Singaporean who lived in Malaysia

As a Singaporean working in msia, with friends and family in Singapore, I feel that many Singaporeans actually feel quite superior to Malaysians.

This is because:
  • SGD is 3 times RM now, so that means even normal professionals working the same job scope feel 3 times richer
  • Many Malaysians don't speak English very well
  • Malaysia infrastructure and government still lag behind Singapore by decades
But they mistakenly assume because of this, Malaysians must be less intelligent or capable than them.

In fact, precisely because Malaysians cannot rely on their government, I find them far more proactive and resourceful than Singaporeans.

Also, Singaporeans have a tendency to confuse knowing a lot of information with being knowledgeable.

A lot of their information, particularly related to Malaysia, tends to be wrong, but they think because they learn it from the “authorities”, it must be true.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-Singaporeans-think-about-Malaysians
I find the best workers are those brought up in Malaysia but with both Singapore and Malaysia work experience. That’s the typical profile I look for in my hiring. Singaporeans are generally more spoilt, less hard driving, more brain washed by PAP, and have a false sense of superiority. Those with Malaysian background are generally more humble, pragmatic and have better survival skill.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This discussion isn't about Malaysians vs sinkies it's about malaysian chinks vs singapore chinks.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysians are alright. If you want to nitpick about 'dishonesty', refer to the Thais who overcharge non-Thais, especially the ang moh farangs, for simple purchases. :biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Chinese are very scheming. Due to their lack of support from their own government since young in everything from their welfare to education, they have to practice self-survival, making them being more risk takers, but at the same time, always like to backstab their colleagues and working partners. We already have 1 leading example in this forum.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually no difference between people of both nations if they speak english.
Both are countries divided by language.
In malaysia, english speaking malay, chinese, indian, kadazan, iban, orang asli, dayak, melanau, orang laut mingle with no problem. Same as in singkie.
But those speak only malay or mandarin tend to group together.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudland chinese have an entitlement mentality, most are rabidly pro china and will not hesitate to sabo you to survive.
I am esp wary of Sarawakians country bumpkins who think they are superior to others

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysians have one thing that Sinkies seriously lacked, which is 人情味. I believe most of us have relatives from midland and can attest to that.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I find the best workers are those brought up in Malaysia but with both Singapore and Malaysia work experience. That’s the typical profile I look for in my hiring. Singaporeans are generally more spoilt, less hard driving, more brain washed by PAP, and have a false sense of superiority. Those with Malaysian background are generally more humble, pragmatic and have better survival skill.
Agree. I find them more street smart and hungrier for success.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mudland chinese have an entitlement mentality, most are rabidly pro china and will not hesitate to sabo you to survive.
The very reason why Malaysian Chinese are unbearably pro-China as compared to the Sinkie counterpart is mainly because mostly, if not all, are Chinese educated. On the other hand, by 1987, all Singapore schools had switched to teaching only English as a first language. So, the medium of education plays a very important role to the future affiliation of a person.

horny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am esp wary of Sarawakians country bumpkins who think they are superior to others

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-170159_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901-170159_Facebook.jpg
    785.2 KB · Views: 88

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
msian chinks can b separated in2 2 types ... dose who r educated in chinese vernacular skools n dose who r not ...

steer clear of dose of ze 4mer ...

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mudlanders are just thieves and crooks. A Mudlander employed in singkieland is one less singkies employed. One Mudlander in Our schools n uni is one less placement for a singkie..

Look at the benefits given to ah hua, mad cow, janil no NS. If singkieland never open the doors to them, Ah hua will not even be a 2 buck pro...n ah khaw at most will be a pimp.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The very reason why Malaysian Chinese are unbearably pro-China as compared to the Sinkie counterpart is mainly because mostly, if not all, are Chinese educated. On the other hand, by 1987, all Singapore schools had switched to teaching only English as a first language. So, the medium of education plays a very important role to the future affiliation of a person.
Yet another example of how factually wrong you are. Half the Malaysian Chinese attend non Chinese primary schools and they don’t even learn a word of Chinese. eg. Penang Free School, ACS, etc

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
msian chinks can b separated in2 2 types ... dose who r educated in chinese vernacular skools n dose who r not ...

steer clear of dose of ze 4mer ...
What’s your problem with those educated in Chinese schools?