• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What can a SAF Lieutanant Colonel work as after leaving SAF at age 45?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a former regular friend MAJ rank went to airport operations, adjusted very easily

Please help up my points to positive, I am now -15 and under moderation

My posts attract lots of hits - often in the thousands -but I am still penalised?

Sammyboy points sammyboy points. Survival of the fittest

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one LTC who became Minister of National Development and Health and made a big screw up in both ministries. He is a President Scholar and SAF OMS holder. His contemporaries, one of them became BG and later PM, another became MG, in Defence Science Organisation. Guess who is he?

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
There is one LTC who became Minister of National Development and Health and made a big screw up in both ministries. He is a President Scholar and SAF OMS holder. His contemporaries, one of them became BG and later PM, another became MG, in Defence Science Organisation. Guess who is he?

Sounds like a long long time ago. Those days LTC big F. Now like crabs in the sea.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a former regular friend MAJ rank went to airport operations, adjusted very easily

Please help up my points to positive, I am now -15 and under moderation

My posts attract lots of hits - often in the thousands -but I am still penalised?

Bro not to worry about pts...being -ve pts means that you are popular here.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LHK is a SAFOS, but not the first batch of SAFOS, which includes LHL, BTH, SBW.

I do not recall reading much about his career in the SAF.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am sure he or she will be in great demand in banks, firms and other lare coporations because of his/her organisational skills!

He can be a adviser for the next coming epsiode of Ah Boyz to men .

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am sure he or she will be in great demand in banks, firms and other lare coporations because of his/her organisational skills!

Supervisor of security guards, Bus Inspector, Insurance agent, real estate agent, McDonald's/KFC manager ...that's about it. Or mercenary in Afghanistan, Congo, Iraq, Syria.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wasn't he at one time the PS for Defence Ministry or Deputy secretary there? Heard he wasn't very bright at meetings. Typical exam smarts and dumb in real life.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I thought Hairdo Lim was in the first batch of SAFOS scheme same with Lee Hsien Loong, Boey Tak Hup and Sin Boon Wah?

But I stand corrected, bro. Please confirm. Thanks.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I thought Hairdo Lim was in the first batch of SAFOS scheme same with Lee Hsien Loong, Boey Tak Hup and Sin Boon Wah?

He is slightly younger (b 1954) from later SAFOS batch. This man may be keeping a very low profile but think he is in the inner circle ; he is sitting on the board of both GIC and MAS.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unless I check the Rafflesian Magazine to confirm, I believe LHK is not from the first batch of SAFOS.
May be I will try to ask my Rafflesian friends.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I am not wrong, LHL, BTH and SBW were born in 1952.
BTH was a CPT and the Brigade S3, and I was a 2LT at HQ 2SIB.

LHK was born in 1953 or 1954.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The following SAFOS were from RI, and (PS means also President's Scholar)

1971: BTH, SBW and Liu Tsun Kie (I do not know this scholar)

1972: Chong San Chew, Yong Choon Kong, Tan Check Hoon, Lim Neo Chian, Pek Beng Chan

1973: LHK (also PS), Tan Kim Siew

1974: Tan Yoke Meng Willie (was a Deputy PS at MINDEF), Bey Soo Khiang, Chew Leng Hock (also a PS)

1975: Lee Fook Sun, Ho Meng Kit

1976: Tham Kui Seng (also a PS, President's Scout, rugby captain), Lee Hon Sun (also a PS, President's Scout)

http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/achievements/rollofhonour

http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/achievements/rollofhonour

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am not wrong, LHL, BTH and SBW were born in 1952.
BTH was a CPT and the Brigade S3, and I was a 2LT at HQ 2SIB.

LHK was born in 1953 or 1954.
Hairdo Lim was 2nd batch together with Georgie, Teo CH and Zorro.
One mistake even the public made is that his last rank is LTC....poor chap missed out on a star pls dun rob him of another crab. His rank was COL...he was high flying scholar....his rank promotion nothing to do with his performance however fucked up.....they can't promote him as he serve less time in SAF....likewise for zorro who was kicked to EDB when he was a major.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hairdo Lim was 2nd batch together with Georgie, Teo CH and Zorro.
One mistake even the public made is that his last rank is LTC....poor chap missed out on a star pls dun rob him of another crab. His rank was COL...he was high flying scholar....his rank promotion nothing to do with his performance however fucked up.....they can't promote him as he serve less time in SAF....likewise for zorro who was kicked to EDB when he was a major.

Not second batch, but third batch of SAFOS.

You may be correct that LHK was a COL.

I know of one SAFOS, who purposely not do well, and remained a CPT until he ORD (when he completed his bond), because he did not want to have a big opportunity cost of switching back to civilian life. He may be the only SAFOS, who ORD as a CPT, after 7 years.

Last edited: