• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what about this imac , sammyboy?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how in god name, that apple make a 27 inch 2560x1440 screen and computer for the price of a 30 inch monitor by dell. i look at it with disbelieve, my 30 inch monitor got nothing, and this one have the works. yes mac pro is great, but at what price? too bad no usb3 or blu-ray recorder.

Big, beautiful displays.
27-inch displays.
The new iMac has come a long way from the first 15-inch iMac. Take one look and you’ll see just how far. A 21.5-inch or 27-inch display with edge-to-edge glass covers nearly the entire front of the enclosure. When all you see is the display, nothing gets between you and what’s onscreen. Movies, TV shows, websites, photos — everything looks stunning on the new 16:9 widescreen iMac display.
LED backlighting.
When a display has more pixels, you need to push more light through them to achieve the best picture possible. LED backlighting in the new iMac does exactly that, with remarkable brightness and efficiency. Because the LED backlight doesn’t take up much space, the iMac enclosure stays thin — even with all the high-performance components inside.
Higher resolution.
The new 21.5-inch iMac features 1920-by-1080 HD resolution. Apple engineers could simply have stretched that resolution up and out for the 27-inch iMac. Instead, they took the display well beyond HD with 2560-by-1440 resolution. That’s 78 percent more pixels than the 21.5-inch iMac.
IPS technology.
The iMac display is designed to look great from almost any angle. A technology called in-plane switching (IPS) makes this possible. Whether you’re sitting in front of the display or standing off to the side, you’ll get a perfect picture with superb color consistency and no loss of detail.

27-inch models only, one of the following:
2.66GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.2GHz
2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores

or 27-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with IPS technology
Resolution
21.5-inch models: 1920 by 1080 pixels
27-inch models: 2560 by 1440 pixels

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
715GJZV93RL._SL500_AA240_.gif
no-macs-100.gif

6a00d8341d3d8153ef00e54f2a8a448833-800wi.png

Macs for people who don't go futher than editing their systems settings !

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget that with these new iMacs you can by-pass the computer & simply use them as monitors, To do that you'll have to make sure the PC's graphic card is capable of outputing to the new display port.

As for Blue ray I think the problem is the licensing. The Blue Ray discs are still overpriced at $60+. I bet Sony's licensing fee is responsible for the high price.

Your monitor/TV must be HDCP compliant & such sets cost more because the manufacturers have to pay a licensing fee. Obviously Apple's trying to get a better deal :smile: