• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What a fish !

Dracula

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the pro liaoz. Anyway, there's a fish I like very much here in LOS. It's call Pla Sam Ri or Cotton fish. Very hard to get it in restaurants. Only few restaurants have this fish. You know anything about this fish?

The cotton fish is it something like deep fried ba hu when served which match perfectly with beer??

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn bro, you think i am running a restaurant ah ?..my mini kitchen can't afford me aLL these know-hows La..:smile:

Ahahaa.. yes i thought you have fish restaurant one, lidat use one saucepan for the oil can already lor, i also lidat do at home, but must prep everything ahead of time, if not timing off not nice to eat anymore.

I think i makan that Patin fish before 1 time, quite nice.. delicate meat & flavour right?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ahahaa.. yes i thought you have fish restaurant one, lidat use one saucepan for the oil can already lor, i also lidat do at home, but must prep everything ahead of time, if not timing off not nice to eat anymore.

I think i makan that Patin fish before 1 time, quite nice.. delicate meat & flavour right?
Yes, the meat is reaLLy fine..and there's onLy one way to do it, just steam them Cantonese styLed..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is another seLf-styLed deep fried fish with pounded hiam chio :

Hang your fishie totaLLy dry:

hangingsnapper.jpg

The finished product:

chillifish.jpg

:wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sungei=river=not stagnated water.

fish rear in pond really taste bad.

Sidetrack abit....since everyone had dinner liao
Recently anyone notice got more people fishing in the big longkangs?
Used to see FTs but now got ah peks and even young mats sometimes...
Fishing for sport or life getting hard?
Longkang fish can eat? I think got heavy metals eat liao can mati...

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sidetrack abit....since everyone had dinner liao
Recently anyone notice got more people fishing in the big longkangs?
Used to see FTs but now got ah peks and even young mats sometimes...
Fishing for sport or life getting hard?
Longkang fish can eat? I think got heavy metals eat liao can mati...
Oh yes bro, i have seen the Likes of them fishing off sungei pandan & serangoon..but mostLy are thai workers.Dont
know if there's any impLication to the economics' side of things though.:cool:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh yes bro, i have seen the Likes of them fishing off sungei pandan & serangoon..but mostLy are thai workers.Dont
know if there's any impLication to the economics' side of things though.:cool:

I think our longkang water so dirty....not wise to eat longkang fish.
Remembered once in Indonesia and had fish in a restaurant that tasted awful....thought fish was not fresh and complained to manager but was told fish was live....but never see any fish tanks in the restaurant....was brought outside and found they keep the live fish in a fenced off longkang....knn no appetite liao

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You know Thai peopLe La, very adventurous type..guessed it's the taLiapas & catfishes they are catching though.
:cool:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the way they deep fried the fish is superb.

of course lah, once marinated & deep fried anything sure tastes nice, i heard if you run a restaurant & got Cantonese customers sure kena jialat one, they really knows how to eat fish, always demand it be fresh & steamed just to the point where the bones are pink, if white colour bones means fish is overcooked, some even demand the fish return to kitchen & a new one brought out! Those Cantonese towkays from HK you know better not argue with them or else your restaurant reputation sure kena one!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think our longkang water so dirty....not wise to eat longkang fish.
Remembered once in Indonesia and had fish in a restaurant that tasted awful....thought fish was not fresh and complained to manager but was told fish was live....but never see any fish tanks in the restaurant....was brought outside and found they keep the live fish in a fenced off longkang....knn no appetite liao

wa lan eh, some longkang chui so dirty i don't think fish can even survive in it!

talking about longkang fish.. anybody go catch longkang fish when young? i use to go to the outflow from Macritchie down to Thomson Rd where all the plant nursuries are. The best time is after heavy rains got a lot of fish from Macritchie, caught those Tiger Barbs, gourami, fighting fish, even got goldfish must be escape from somewhere.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang cho :smile: . Buy or catch? :smile:

i think he catch one & guess what he uses for bait... 1 whole red chilli, you see the hanging fish photo :biggrin:

i know when you make Beijing Ya/duck you have to hang & dry the duck but hang dry fish? wa this FishyPie machiam atas liao with his cooking skills :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know Thai peopLe La, very adventurous type..guessed it's the taLiapas & catfishes they are catching though.
:cool:

I recall some years ago, several young Thai men died mysteriously. Cause of death was not known initially. Later it was linked to some food they had taken. Any bros recall the incidents? Involved Thai construction workers, I think.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall some years ago, several young Thai men died mysteriously. Cause of death was not known initially. Later it was linked to some food they had taken. Any bros recall the incidents? Involved Thai construction workers, I think.

They use PVC pipes to cook bamboo rice?