• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Welfare in Singapore: The stingy nanny - The Economist

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I find that very hard to believe. :biggrin:

I don't think the PAP government has been particularly kind to small business owners and the little guys, to put it mildly. Besides, the people don't just vote for the government to provide opportunities, they also expect the government to provide their needs and wants. In SG's case, it has mostly been about the bottomline to the exclusion of everything else.

The political system also does nothing to ensure that the minority voters are represented adequately.

All I have ever asked from any govt is to manage defence , law and order and infrastructure development. I can take care of the rest of my wants and needs for myself. If I can do it, anyone can.:rolleyes:

As far as the minority representation goes, NZ's experiment with MMP has been an absolute disaster! Parliament has ended up full of clowns including a dope smoking, dreadlocked Rastafarian with an IQ of about 2. The taxpayer paid him millions to preach the virtues of Marijuana and why dope should be legalised.:rolleyes:

Give me the first past the post system anytime. It ensures that each and every MP has the mandate of his electorate and that he is there to actually represent someone.

3072NandorTanczos.jpg