• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wedding angpows

acm-28

Alfrescian
Loyal
abit pissed thinking about it, which happened last sunday
the next day after the wedding, my friend sms me where i stated my name on the angpow!
i replied, it's on the left corner of the envelope seal.
he replied, ooh, i saw it.
so rude :(

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
the next day after the wedding, my friend sms me where i stated my name on the angpow!

theres no need to get piss off with it

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal

If yr friend is so calculatve, then I guess u have learnt a lesson on "true" frendship :o..Move on bro..no need to get so worked up :wink:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Take a baseball bat and ram into his wife's ass !!:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it is the Hainanese tradition (correct me , please), when you arrive at the wedding dinner, you approach a table, in which there are two or three persons, who will receive your ang pow. They will ask, bride or groom!, open the packet in front of you, mention the amount, say, Bride, $10.00, record your name & amount in the book, and you proceed to the dinner tables.

Don't know if this is still practised today!...Bride! $10.000 :o

Which is better, later SMS or record the amount first!!!???

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just put $2 and don't write your name. don't worrry. nobody will know. you can also put nothing in your angpow. it's your conscience lah. or you can put in $1K and no name.it's up to you. wedding dinners in hotels sucks and they're bloody expensive too. served by uncouth, undisciplined and bloody rude china national waitresses. they spoil your evening! it's time sinkies do away with all these wasteful dinners!

C

cliffstyle

i am going to my friend's wedding this december. A good friend i would say. i dun think she is that calculative. If she is, she would not be my friend in the first place.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun expect to cover the cost of my wedding with the ang bo...... wat the point? is a treat for all from me..... y u expect returns or even profits? siao la

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun expect to cover the cost of my wedding with the ang bo...... wat the point? is a treat for all from me..... y u expect returns or even profits? siao la

Bro Ksterk,

you are the fortunate minority who can afford this usually fatal expense which I read somewhere further up the thread and agree that is wasteful. Half the people actually will not attend if really given a choice. Tables are going at up to 1.5k in some 5 star hotels and the food served is crap!

Just to share lah, for my own one, we went to a good chinese restaurant and booked the whole place. Same kind of privacy with good quality food which i believe every guest enjoyed. 800 bucks per table with lobster, suckling pig and the works. Beer thrown in too.Ang Pow not enough to cover the entire cost but damage was limited.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Ksterk,

you are the fortunate minority who can afford this usually fatal expense which I read somewhere further up the thread and agree that is wasteful. Half the people actually will not attend if really given a choice. Tables are going at up to 1.5k in some 5 star hotels and the food served is crap!

Just to share lah, for my own one, we went to a good chinese restaurant and booked the whole place. Same kind of privacy with good quality food which i believe every guest enjoyed. 800 bucks per table with lobster, suckling pig and the works. Beer thrown in too.Ang Pow not enough to cover the entire cost but damage was limited.

Yo Monster Bro.

If u know you have a limit stick to it.
I talk things out with my "wife" let her see that, i only have this much, u wan anything more, than i get from loan shark lor:biggrin: . she understand the point than we move on.
Yes ppl might fly kite during the dinner BUT if you state there in the cards. Gifts are not a MUST.(which is what i did) everyone is happy. n no my tables are less than 800.... only abt 600 only:biggrin: hold @ Roxy Hotel:biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
...Just to share lah, for my own one, we went to a good chinese restaurant and booked the whole place. Same kind of privacy with good quality food which i believe every guest enjoyed. 800 bucks per table with lobster, suckling pig and the works. Beer thrown in too.Ang Pow not enough to cover the entire cost but damage was limited.

This type of wedding dinner is the best type I like to attend - suckling pig, steam pompfet or soon hock,big helpings of abalone, roasted chicken,green vegetables,nice yam basket, fresh prawns,delicious desserts and excellent food - all piping hot from the kitchen.This type of dinner is really shiok!!! A nice package can get for $800 or less. Worth every cent!!! Good one!!!

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad to say.

BUT the best wedding dinner food i even eaten is @ a C.C:biggrin: cheap price great food. damn..... those were the days:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Why in the world do you bother to attend weddings of these so-called friends and give them ang pows? :smile: