• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We were in bikinis, but accused of being naked!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 14 Mar, 2009 09:39
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Perverts who harass women get away scot-free: A STOMPer's experiences

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION
A recent news report on how perverts aboard public transportation get away with their misdeed prompted a STOMPer to write in and share her ordeal.

Earlier, on Mar 13, my paper carried an article, Sexually harassed, but more did nothing, where 2 in 5 respondents in an NTU survey said they were pestered by perverts while they were travelling aboard public transportation in Singapore.

This opened DC's wounds, and she wrote in to share her experiences, and she also calls out for stronger measures to be taken against such perpetrators.

In her email to STOMP, she said:

"In a crowded MRT train, I noticed an uncle kept ogling at me and my girlfriend for very long. I felt irritated and stared at him yet it didn’t stop his behavior. So I flashed my phone at him, pretending to take photo of him.

"It triggered his anger and got his friend to corner us while he rushed to the control station to make a complaint and called the police.

"He insulted me rudely in public and wanted to sue me for taking his picture.

"He is guilty of ogling yet he pushed me the blame that I took his picture for my own pleasure.

"Police filed as domestic case to appease both parties.

"It’s not the 1st time I encountered such incident. Men can ogle freely but instead reported the victim to police causing, thus causing embarrassment to the victim. In the end, I can only suffer in silence of being humiliated in public.

"Years ago, I was tanning in the East Coast beach with my sister and came alone a perpetrator hiding behind a tree to ogle at us for a long time, then hovered around us and had his eyes fixed on us.

"We felt extremely uneasy and scolded him to go away.

"A while later 2 policemen came and said someone informed the police that two girls are tanning naked at the beach! (We were in bikinis) Soon, a crowd gathered near us, and this embarrassed us thoroughly as the police questioned us.

"These perpetrators should be punished and not get away scot-free. Although in My Paper today’s article encouraged woman to speak up when they are been sexually harassed, the result will end up ugly for the victims in my case."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it now an offense to look :confused:

I think some girls should be encouraged to wear those outfits which cover everything but the eyes. You don't need to be a muslim to wear those outfits :rolleyes:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya,,, people see you oogle you means you are a looker,,,,, be graceful and say thank you,,,, go and scold people for what,,,, lucky you scold old man, scold salah people, they say you no stare me, how you know me stare you, and give you stupid gals black eyes then you know

want to flaunt your figure, let people see, if not, wear ninja

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh please, its one thing to admire, and another thing to stare and salivate.

We don't even know what really happened, and yet, we are so quick to judge and make such insensitive remarks.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it now an offense to look :confused:

I think some girls should be encouraged to wear those outfits which cover everything but the eyes. You don't need to be a muslim to wear those outfits :rolleyes:

It was all along an offence to stare!.....which is why we have the axiom: "SEE WHAT SEE?!"

hiak! hiak! hiak!
DOM

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe she imagined a large part of it, there are a lot of psycho Sinkie women around these days

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh please, its one thing to admire, and another thing to stare and salivate.

People watching is still legal in Spore. May not be polite but what are you going to do about it :confused:

We can always adopt middle eastern dress code & have the girls cover up, not allow them in public unless accompanied by a male relative....or adopt a female only cars separating the two sexes.

If the PAP insists on letting in so many foreigners in you are going to have these uncool behaviours. :rolleyes:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the point is that we shouldn't be so kapoh until some of us gonna stare at them, and violate their sense of privacy. Even in clothing-optional beaches, staring is considered rude.

The key here is respecting other people's zone of privacy, and its clear these leery men didn't. What she and her friends did was right. It wouldn't matter what clothes they wore; as long as a man stares at her and obviously lusts at her, to the point she's uncomfortable, she has the right to be upset and to complain.

So we have to understand that what we deem as alright isn't alright in their eyes. It would be the same also if a guy- damn it if it happens- happens to stare at you in a lustily manner. Wouldn't you feel violated as well? And what happens if you were wearing not a speedo but a suit and tie outfit?

jw5

Loyal
People watching is still legal in Spore. May not be polite but what are you going to do about it :confused:

We can always adopt middle eastern dress code & have the girls cover up, not allow them in public unless accompanied by a male relative....or adopt a female only cars separating the two sexes.

If the PAP insists on letting in so many foreigners in you are going to have these uncool behaviours. :rolleyes:
They were not accused of being naked.
They were asked to get naked.
They heard wrongly.